consentrates vs dry herb price/value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck_wild

So I'm probably late to the game here.

I recently tried 2 cartridges of flavRX concentrate, I must say I REALLY like these. From what I can tell, zero maintenance, no heat up/cool down period on the device, and my house doesn't smell like herb from grinding and loading my desktop unit.

The flavRX cartridges seems to hit pretty good, and pretty quick. After 3-4 hits (4-5second draws) and a few minutes, I'm right where I want to be. It seems like I'll very easilly get 1 week out of a cartridge, probably 2 weeks. We'll see. My usually routine is get where I want to be right before going to bed. I'm not an all-day hitter.

I get these cartridges for $40 per gram, dry herb is $40-50 for 1/4oz of strong herb. 1/4oz probably lasts me around 2 weeks, give or take. I don't keep track of it, but that seems to be about where it is.

So the price seems to be about the same, for what I'm guessing will be 2 weeks.

So, anyone else who's switched to pre-filled concentrate cartridges, does it end up being more cost effective? Even if the cost isn't less, if it's around the same I think I may switch, just for the convenience.

buck_wild,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
You will have to see how your tolerance compares with the carts I think and base it on this. I couldn't use the carts only because they are not as effective for me, however I have a pretty high tolerance. I use the carts for supplemental medicating from time to time when I know I can't access my flower vapes for more than 4-6 hours. They help calm the head but they don't do anything for my pain.

Now my brother on the other hand...has very low tolerance. He could take 2-3 hits and be plenty happy. 6-8 and he feels he needs to stop and get a drink at the store before his next meeting with the wife or work or whatever. A 1 gram cart lasts him about 3-4 weeks along with a gram of flower. He tends to run out of the cart first because it is so convenient.

Both my brother and I are all day hitters. I just try not to get the sleepy time carts which most of them are from flavRX. Now I do find the carts perfect for a night where I have insomnia. 6-8 hits and I will find my happy place!

nosmoking,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom