Genki88

After trying various c-juice mixers from other competitors, I decided to drop $70 to try Connoisseur Concentrates sample pack as I was in search of a product that was more smooth and better tasting.
Their website boasts "peg/pg/vg free dilutants" for your concentrates to be used in vape pens. The price seems quite steep compared to other products available on the market.
Today I will be evaluating CC's Tangerine flavor, which is said to be made from a custom blend of organic and real fruit terpenes. Along with my sample pack, I had also ordered a few of CC's Burners, which CC claims to work best with their product. In the vial provided, I weighed out .35 grams of concentrate (pink kush shatter was used) to .2 grams of CC, and placed the vial into a double boiler set at 160 F. Stirring with a blunt dispensing needled syringe, the concentrate dissolved within a few minutes. I then filled the burner and let it sit for approximately 15 minutes so the concentrate would absorb into the wick. After the first hit on the "burner", I am reminded of how this product is far better then it's competitors in all aspects. The smooth sweet vapor covered my taste buds on the inhale, followed by an earthy, floral tangy aroma on the exhale. After the 2nd or 3rd hit with the "burner" I was happily medicated.
I must say that i am quite impressed with my second sample of Connoisseur Concentrates and will most likely purchase a 25 gram bottle after deciding on my favorite flavor.
The customer service provided by CC is also second to none! I definitely give this product 2 thumbs up!!

trichome_renaissance

Not sure if I should start a new thread or add another CC review to this thread, but I'm going to go with the latter option. I just made my first CC dilution and my initial impressions are quite positive.

I purchased a sample pack of various 0.6 gram vials. For those wondering, 0.6 grams of CC by weight appears to be about 1ml (32 drops) by volume. The instructions say to combine 0.3 grams (16 drops = 1/2 ml) - 0.6 grams (32 drops = 1 ml) of CC to 1 gram of concentrate.

I went for potency rather than volume, adding @ the 0.3 gram per 1ml of concentrate rate. I cut everything in half though. So I used 0.15 grams (8 drops) of G'rilla 13 flavor CC and added it to 0.5 grams of concentrate via a 150F water bath and a 30 second stir with a blunt dispensing needled syringe. The mixing was fast and easy. The resulting 0.5ml (0.8g by weight) of oil was considerably more fluid and a bit darker than mix that I've previously made using the same concentrate along with holy terps dilutant.

NOTE: CC mentions that you can get a lighter colored oil by letting your CC and concentrate soak over night. They state the natural terpenes will indeed dissolve the concentrate without added heat if given enough time.

I loaded up my nano (3rd gen) wickless disposable cartridge and gave it a rip. My initial impression is that it's both the most potent and the smoothest cartridge I've made to date. I'm really digging the all natural terp mix and the lack of PG/PEG in the CC. The g'rilla13 terp flavor/aroma profile is quite enjoyable....pungent but not artificial. It also has a depth and complexity much more reminiscent of cannabis than the Holy Terps peacemaker I've previously used. The CC terp profile also does a better job of lingering in the nostrils, which makes me want to hit the pen again and again. Fortunately, the potency makes me not need to do so that much!

I have a bunch of other CC flavor samples to play with and, after this first trial, I'm really looking forward to doing that. The cost of the CC is ridiculous, compared to Holy Terps, but the quality initially appears to be much much better. Color me immediately impressed. I hope I still feel this excited about CC after I use it more extensively. I will report back after I have.

Last edited:
trichome_renaissance,

trichome_renaissance

After a bit more experimentation with CC I'm finding that....

1. Mixing it at the weaker rate = 0.6g (1ml) g'rilla13 CC to 0.5g concentrate ratio produces an oil that scratches the throat / induces coughing more than the stronger rate. Too much CC must = too much terps I guess.

2. The "Bubblegum" flavor (not all natural like g'rilla13 flavor...this one has small amounts of PG) is extremely pungent and magnifies the scratchy throat / coughing effect. It tastes straight up artificial and over the top at the weaker mix rate. It tastes artificial and strong at the stronger mix rate.

3. I tried to cut my bubblegum cc + concentrate (weak rate) mix down a bit with a smaller amount (1/4 by volume) of VG and could not get the VG to properly dissolve into the cc + concentrate mix, even with a hot water bath and frequent stirring.

4. I tried adding 1-2 drops of bubblegum cc to a 100% VG oil that I made using botanicals and kief. In this application, the sweetness of the VG and the mellowness of the very small amount of bubblegum CC worked wonderfully together. It's just a shame that it's impossible to get concentrate to dissolve into 100% VG. VG is so tasty and light on the throat. But, even with the large amount of botanicals and kief I put into my VG batch, it still comes in at roughly 1/2 to 1/3 of the potency as my concentrate dilutants. Fine for puffing all day though.

4. I'm curious to know what mixing CC and HT would be like and will probably do so soon. I'm also interested in mixing CC with some of the flavorless VE line and may order the latter soon to do so.

Last edited:
trichome_renaissance,
Reactions: Gavmar

waxdab23

Just curious, why are you experimenting with adding other solutions to the CC? Seemed like you were pretty happy with the initial results. Just wondering because I still have my norcal pack, trying to gather as much information as possible before I pull the trigger.

waxdab23,

trichome_renaissance

Just curious, why are you experimenting with adding other solutions to the CC? Seemed like you were pretty happy with the initial results. Just wondering because I still have my norcal pack, trying to gather as much information as possible before I pull the trigger.

As I mentioned in my last reply....

After a bit more experimentation with CC I'm finding that....

1. Mixing it at the weaker rate = 0.6g (1ml) g'rilla13 CC to 1g concentrate ratio produces an oil that scratches the throat / induces coughing more than the stronger rate (concentrate potency wise). Too much CC must = too much terps I guess.

2. The "Bubblegum" flavor (not all natural like g'rilla13 flavor...this one has small amounts of PG) is extremely pungent and magnifies the scratchy throat / coughing effect. It tastes straight up artificial and over the top at the weaker mix rate. It tastes artificial and strong at the stronger mix rate.

So basically I liked the g'rilla13 when mixing 0.15g of it to 0.5g of concentrate. I did not like it when diluted weaker (0.3g of it to 0.5g of concentrate) but have a desire to make oil at this strength. So I'm looking for a way to make it taste better / give less throat irritation at this lower strength. I figured maybe a blend between the CC and some HT might be an option worth exploring since VG isn't mixing with the CC. As for the bubblegum CC, I found the flavor to be too pungent regardless of mixing it at a 0.15g CC to 0.5g concentrate or a 0.3g CC to 0.5g concentrate rate.

I should also mention that, when I ordered CC, I thought that the instructions said to use btw 0.3g and 0.6g per 1g of concentrate. Makes sense considering they sell 0.6g sample vials. After making my initial batches, I went back to the website yesterday and read that the instructions now say to use btw 0.3g and 0.5g of CC per 1g of concentrate. Either I read wrong initially, or it was recently changed. If the former, then why the heck do they sell 0.6g samples? If the latter, then maybe they found that 0.6g is just too much CC (which corresponds to my experience). I'm hoping that 0.45g of CC to 1g of concentrate might be a better compromise. If not, I'll stick with the 0.3g of CC to 1g of concentrate ratio and try to find another dilutant to add and cut that potency in half.

Last edited:

waxdab23

Hey, thanks for clarifying - I'm with you now.

I think I'm going to try your more potent ratio of 0.15g (8 drops) of CC and 0.5g of wax.

You may have seen me post in a different thread regarding my experience with Vapeur Extract - wasn't very pleased with the mixture I went with.

waxdab23,

waxdab23

Thanks for the tip @Genki88. I was debating on whether I'll use one of those burners or just one of my e-cig tanks. Will probably go for the burner on my first attempt which will probably be this weekend.

waxdab23,

waxdab23

Yep, just finished my first attempt.

I accidentally spilled most of the g-13 on the floor lol so had to use a couple drops of lemon to get to 0.15g of CC.

Also, used some mid grade wax just in case so I don't waste my good stuff. Took several 150F water baths and stirring to get all the wax to dissolve.

The final product looks excellent and smells...well, interesting but not bad.

Going to let it sit over night before I load it just to make sure there's no separation.
1MnEpCo.jpg

waxdab23,
Reactions: Genki88

waxdab23

Wow, I'm pretty impressed. I loaded one of their burners - very easy.

Taste is excellent, potency seems to have been preserved. Can't wait for my next attempt.

Now I wonder if the fruity flavors of CC would be enough to completely mask the concentrate smell for discreet vaping. And without making it taste or feel like crap.

Hoping others who are using this solution will start chiming in on this thread. Or maybe it should be moved to the main advanced e juice thread for more eyes.

waxdab23,
Reactions: Genki88

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The last 30 pages of this forum discuss the merits of CC among others.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/my-secret-to-thc-e-cig-pg-liquid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/

To me, it seems there is a component of CC that evaporates if too high a temp is applied when trying to combine with concentrate. It is best to not be in a hurry when combining. Additionally, I've noticed that the last 16th (just a guess) of a tank, thinning agents seem to be gone mostly.

My last batch has been my best so far. I combined 3.5 grams of shatter with two .6 CC vials and 2 grams of EJMix. I made this to take on a trip and I'm using disposable o.pen-style carts and ego-style batteries.

Last edited:

Genki88

I dont think there is a need to mask the smell as it dissipates rather quickly.

Genki88,

Monsoon

I'm 99% sure ThePotion.ca is a reseller for CC. It's a good option if you're in Canada, they ship Expedited (ground) from Nova Scotia.

Unless I order directly from CC, it's a bit too pricey for me as a vaping solution and I don't really need one right now. However they're working awesomely for terp dipping my dab just prior to dabbing it on my e-nail. I posted my initial thoughts below and after more "testing" I'm noticing a significant modulation of the high with less of a peak and it's definitely smoother on my throat and lungs. So far I've only tried natural simulated cannabis blends but I might try the natural fruit ones down the road.

My terps from The Potion finally arrived! I just tried a small dab dipped in the lemon diesel and it was nice, not too strong or overpowering, just more lingering in the background. The lemon terp really stands out, the other two it's a bit harder to pick out the added taste but it's definitely there. No real harshness that I can discern and I think it may actually be smoother with a dip first. I found a coughed a lot less even after a larger dab and it didn't irritate my throat and lungs so much.

Taste aside, I'm really interested to see the effect on modulating the high. Bubbleman mentioned that adding terps to a sesh with others led to people being less like a zombie at the end. I think I'm noticing a bit of an effect and it seems to be mellowing out the high after a dab. I'll have to do more testing to be sure :D:science:

Monsoon,

trichome_renaissance

I'm 99% sure ThePotion.ca is a reseller for CC. It's a good option if you're in Canada, they ship Expedited (ground) from Nova Scotia.

Unless I order directly from CC, it's a bit too pricey for me as a vaping solution and I don't really need one right now. However they're working awesomely for terp dipping my dab just prior to dabbing it on my e-nail. I posted my initial thoughts below and after more "testing" I'm noticing a significant modulation of the high with less of a peak and it's definitely smoother on my throat and lungs. So far I've only tried natural simulated cannabis blends but I might try the natural fruit ones down the road.
Hey, thanks for clarifying - I'm with you now.

I think I'm going to try your more potent ratio of 0.15g (8 drops) of CC and 0.5g of wax.

You may have seen me post in a different thread regarding my experience with Vapeur Extract - wasn't very pleased with the mixture I went with.

My pleasure. I'll have to look for your post about Vapeur Extract. I just ordered a bottle of the flavorless. In looking at the site, they seem to be partnered with Holy Terps. Maybe even a reseller to some degree? I wouldn't be surprised if the Vapeur Extract flavorless is the same base used for Holy Terps sans the terpenes. If so, that is pretty much what I'm looking for, as I think it should be a good compromise to blend it with CC.

Hopefully the CC will dilute the plasticy flavor I get from the PEG / PG in Holy Terps (and I assume I'll get in the Vapeur Extract) while the VE will allow me to dilute the terpene overdose that is some of the CC blends. The flavorless VE should also allow me to dilute the pungency of the CC while hopefully allowing the CC flavors to still be detected. If I use my HT peacemaker to do that, the flavor of the terps in HT peacemaker mixes with the CC flavors and takes away from them.

trichome_renaissance,

waxdab23

Please report back results.

Check out pages 32-34 in http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/my-secret-to-thc-e-cig-pg-liquid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/

Lots of information (more outside of those pages too) about Holy Terps and its relation to Vapeur Extract. (Thanks to @macbill for pointing out the last 30 pages of that thread - been reading intensely, lol.)

My recent post regarding VE is on the last page of that thread: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...quid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/page-48

EDIT: Good info on this page as well with regards to VE/HT/CC - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...quid-potent-effective-cheap-easy.6287/page-36 check out the post by @florduh

Last edited:

Bad Ocelot

Hi all, been lurking here for a couple years, decided it was time to start posting.

While I'm a bit iffy on CC for not fully disclosing their ingredients, the product does seem to work quite well. I haven't been completely successful using it yet, but I've only made two small test batches with reclaim because I (rightfully) assumed I might not get it just right on the first go 'round.

I had a batch of blueberry leak through the front of a burner, though I'd used too much CC and the flavor was a bit intense & mildly irritating. Did a better job with the lemon, but it seemed to sugar up in the burner, which resulted in a burnt wick taste. I put some more in a repurposed juul pod which worked well for a day or so, but then gooped up in there as well.

After my initial failure with the blueberry, I decided to add a couple drops of VE flavorless with the lemon. I also added ~0.1mL VG. It was still a bit thicker than I desired but didn't separate. It still hasn't separated but is too thick to vape out of the juul pod. I'll probably add a drop or two of VE so I can suck it back out & add to my next batch.

Has anyone else been using reclaim? Either as expendable testing material or for economical canna ejuice?

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: Monsoon

Bad Ocelot

@Genki88 CC's burners. Not sure if there's a QC issue with them or if I over/under filled them. Also possible I didn't let it soak in the wick long enough, but I figured 5min should be enough time. Have you had good luck with CC's burners?

Bad Ocelot,

Genki88

I strictly use cc's burners when using cc's dilutants as they have given me the most consistent results (no leaking here). Unfortunately, as with all these tanks and cartridges, there is ALWAYS a certain % failure rate/defect.

Give them a call, they are always so helpful.

Cheers!

Genki88,

Monsoon

@Genki88 CC's burners. Not sure if there's a QC issue with them or if I over/under filled them. Also possible I didn't let it soak in the wick long enough, but I figured 5min should be enough time. Have you had good luck with CC's burners?
Try sucking on it with the air hole covered, that should help get it into the wick.

Top Bottom