Status
Not open for further replies.

iCarfly

So I bought a

Smok Tech 5 Volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough
and

• 1 X Revolution Universal Concentrate Vaporizer Cartridge
  • 1 X ThermoVape Universal Adapter
Can I plug this into my computer and vape straight bho/shatter/wax?

I also have a standard ego-T it is called an 'eskillet', got it off a dude in cali i know its rebranded ego-t.... i don't think it's hot enough to vape straight concentrates either, can anyone recommend a battery preferably one that can be charged via a usb cable for on the go?

iCarfly,

OF

So I bought a

Smok Tech 5 Volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough
and

• 1 X Revolution Universal Concentrate Vaporizer Cartridge
  • 1 X ThermoVape Universal Adapter
Can I plug this into my computer and vape straight bho/shatter/wax?

Most likely not.

Many of the low end passthroughs don't contain batteries and while they have enough power for at least some e-cig chores they're not even close to what we need. USB ports just don't supply enough current (and therefore power) for our needs.

And most e-cig supplies (they're not batteries, the battery is inside.... . .. and being as there's only one it's really a cell.....) don't put out enough power either. Most are too low in voltage to start with, and those with boost circuits run up against total current limits quickly. Some are marginal, but a solid, low loss, supply with a quality IMR battery backing it up will put out a third or more of a Volt or more. That small amount is a much needed 20% or so boost in power, it can be the difference between a little and a lot of vapor. More importantly you can kill the battery with weak hits.

I've tried lots of alternatives, I still think the best 'out and about' scheme is the TV Ultra supply with AW IMR 14500s as they supply (remember, 25% off through the end of the month.....):
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/alpha-ultra

Top performance for several loads and a couple spares in your pocket is way smaller to carry and easier to deal with than cables and finding a computer or power plug. In a pinch, I bet my 3 batteries would vape half a gram? That's 3 fillings of 50 mg each. You could squeeze more out, but I like to change them out when the output starts to fall off....no sense in fighting it if you have alternatives.

OF

OF,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom