Confusing threads (and how we can ALL help?)...

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I was drawn to FC as the best (IMO) source of information on everything vapor-related, yet have difficulty often accessing information even if I'm certain that I had accessed it previously. Additionally, I have this difficulty yet consider myself to be fairly articulate and literate when it comes to the colloquial/symantec/grammatical intricacies of the English language. Could you imagine the impact this has on those who do NOT speak English as their first language and are trying to find/access information on this site--many who could offer unique perspectives due to legal/cultural/technological/etc. (regional) differences ;) .

The following dialogue from the VHW thread is what inspired me to begin this thread (hope you two don't mind me picking yours out of the many examples):
youdontknowme wrote:
can people who are getting new VHW's put their reviews in new threads? thanks.
Clear Dome replied: Totaly Agree please for the one who recieve there vhw please start a new thread cause I have hard time to follow this thread.
The title of THIS THREAD should clearly explain what I am hoping to receive as responses (I expect people to contribute personal experiences with confusing threads and ways we can ALL help).

I have begun by describing some of my experience with confusing threads and will end by offering a suggestion for how we can all help. In particular, I think that people can toke the time (not a typo...I like that word :lol: ) to create a short/clear title for their thread (or, at least, welcome revisions by the the mods) and toke ( :lol: ) the time to create a detailed/clear first post with their 'intentions of creating the thread' and 'requests for particular replies from others'.

Also, please try to make sure you read through the available threads before beginning a new one (this should get easier with time and effort ;) ).

I look foreword to what many of the intelligent and dedicated fuckers (an endearing term for 'combustion fuckers') have to say.

Thank you for toking ( :lol: ) the time to read this first post and, in advance, for trying to keep this thread 'on topic' and 'progressing' :D

As always, toke it easy! :cool:

Progress,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
uh....:/

i think the people that make quicky threads on stuff...prolly wont take the time to read all that :doh:

all I think is the problem is when u search for something in the search box...all it comes up with is a FAT list of threads that had the word you entered...so you end up digging page by page to find what you want

that kind of reader "abuse" is what sets peopel off to hastly make a new thread on a topic that has been already made

oh and yes I have been one of those people you refer to...(for those of you shaking your fist at what I said up^ there)

but it takes one to know it...to stop it

:2c:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Progress

Henn, Thanks for contributing
H - i think the people that make quicky threads on stuff...prolly wont take the time to read all that
I am actually hoping that the members who care about the longevity and quality of FC will read this and contribute (and that 'i think the people that make quicky threads on stuff' will eventually become 'members who care about the longevity and quality of FC', like myself,--or be banned JK :lol: )
H - all I think is the problem is when u search for something in the search box...all it comes up with is a FAT list of threads that had the word you entered...so you end up digging page by page to find what you want
That could be a problem. Thanks for sharing.
H - that kind of reader "abuse" is what sets peopel off to hastly make a new thread on a topic that has been already made
oh and yes I have been one of those people you refer to...(for those of you shaking your fist at what I said up^ there)
but it takes one to know it...to stop it
Self-awareness and efforts to make progress are admirable IMO. Ignorant offenses are excusable...Once aware of what one is doing, there is NO excuse (again IMO).

Toke it easy (and keep it coming--you can always improve a GREAT site ;) ).

edit: I love when mistakes like this are made:
Also, how long do you think I can make the whip without it being TOO long. 5 feet sound reasonable??
assholemodnote: please use the edit feature rather than posting back to back.
sorry kinda new to this
Well, not repeatedly, but... :tup:

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
never thought I would Boolean logic on this thread, you go with your badself spiral!

Edit - need to contribute something.....forry my mind isn't cooperating and I can't keep this screen on too long at work...sorry for taking it off topic but I agree with you Progress and I will help contribute to the cause of non-confusing threads

stonemonkey55,

Progress

SA - This has confused me even more. What are you asking?
Just wanted to get the conversation going about simple, good habits we can form (or bad habits we can avoid, although I like to think positively ;) ). Also, about the best ways to address conflicts without polluting threads or leaving mods to clean up 'toxic waste', etc.

Progress,
Top Bottom