Confessions of a Fracker

Maxxx Stone

No I'm not talkin about fracturing shale. Frack is the short version for fractioning as used in the oil and gas refineries. You remember a fractioning cullom from your Chemistry. This relates to vaping in the following way. I like to fraction my output of my column and treat it differently. Vapes are simple columns. A true fractionating column would have multiple take off points for different components or fractions. To fraction with a simple column we collect at different temperatures. I treat the components as two separate products. The first product is low temp and taste great. The second component is higher temperature poorer taste but still quite powerful psycho actively. With this in mind let's look at what water does. Waler diminishes taste both good and bad. So what I like to do is Vape dry for the low temp component then go to high temp and take it through water this has quite a few advantages. The lower temperature component is sipped with some air mixed in if preferred. Savor the flavor think of sipping wine. The higher temp component typically contains over 50% of the active component IMO I consume differently. The goal here is to concentrate into as few draws as possible and as strong as possible but going through water tones it down to allow comfortable consumption. Think of slamming a shot of spirits. These are the money hits for me affect wise. I doubt seriously I'm alone. How many of you frack? This post is about flower not extract I can't speak as to extract fractioning

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
True and dubious... What I am missing in the analogy is the temp at extraction. In the column, you might have different temps, but the extraction determined the molecule in the column. That is what people are doing when stepping temps by 5 or 10 degrees. They extract the low hanging fruit; the tasty stuff; then progress to more effectual molecules; and eventually begin the dance with scorching which is a 'denial of combustion' when in fact those black flacks are combustion events. Just not on a significant scale.

Now if you could hydrolyze the herb and have a column with different temps, then yes, each 'zone' will have a different molecule for extraction from the column. Unfortunately, our column is already packed into a bio-element and we have to decide if we destroy the delicate molecules or take the time to coax them out first.

Maybe there is a middle ground to your thinking v. mine but the overall concept is certainly not lost on vapers. How can we best exploit this finding?

And welcome to the forum @Maxxx Stone

TommyDee,
Reactions: Planck

Maxxx Stone

True and dubious... What I am missing in the analogy is the temp at extraction. In the column, you might have different temps, but the extraction determined the molecule in the column. That is what people are doing when stepping temps by 5 or 10 degrees. They extract the low hanging fruit; the tasty stuff; then progress to more effectual molecules; and eventually begin the dance with scorching which is a 'denial of combustion' when in fact those black flacks are combustion events. Just not on a significant scale.

Now if you could hydrolyze the herb and have a column with different temps, then yes, each 'zone' will have a different molecule for extraction from the column. Unfortunately, our column is already packed into a bio-element and we have to decide if we destroy the delicate molecules or take the time to coax them out first.

Maybe there is a middle ground to your thinking v. mine but the overall concept is certainly not lost on vapers. How can we best exploit this finding?

And welcome to the forum @Maxxx Stone
Exact temps aren't really important, and as near as I can tell vary from sample to sample. In reference to this post what I'm getting at is if it tastes great dry vape. When it gets to the point where it starts to taste yucky pull through water

Last edited:
Maxxx Stone,
Reactions: Buildozer

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That I understand well. Unfortunately taste is something I no longer get from vaping. I use one strain and all smell and taste receptors are swamped with a copious amounts of this matter. I can weakly taste the sensitive molecules because they have a very short half-life in my biology. Most of the vape is 'tasteless' for me. However, effects are not lost on me. I cannot smell a VapCap and I cannot smell my Launch Box. I can barely smell the raw herb and I barely smell ABV. I partake for medical effects.

I do have a feeling sensation that has taken over. I can tell the thickness of my vapor by 'touch'.

TommyDee,
Top Bottom