Concert/Festival Webcasts: DO YOU LIKE LIVE MUSIC?

reece

Hey y'all,

I'm creating this thread to post information about upcoming webcasts.

iclips.net has many concerts. You can catch some live, others are archived. Some are free, some are pay on demand. Currently they have free web casts of many summer festivals called The Couch Tour.

This weekend (5/14 - 5/16) is the Hangout Festival from Gulf Shores, Alabama

SAtURDAY

3:30 - Funky Meters
4:45 - Ozomatli
6:00 - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
7:00 - Rodrigo Y Gabriela
8:15 - Gov't Mule
9:30 - Jakob Dylan & Three Legs feat. Niko Case & Kelly Hogan

SUNDAY

3:00 - Blind Boys of Alabama
4:00 - Keller Williams
5:00 - Matisyahu
6:00 - Ben Harper & Relentless7
7:15 - Guster
8:45 - Trey Anatasio & TAB

reece,
Thank ya, gonna have to check this out. My little brother has seen Gov't mule, and he said they were amazing live. I've only seen the Blind Boys of Alabama live. They put on a really good show, and I even got to pat the back of the one really old member as he made his way through the audience being guided by security. Music that makes you happy for just being alive, ya know. Anyways, thank you, I love going to see live music, and this is the next best thing.

SkeletonLips,

reece

You're welcome guys.

Dark Star Orchestra is coming up in a few minutes. For those that don't know about them, they are a Grateful Dead cover band that mostly recreates entire performances.

From Wikipedia:

On most, though not all their performances, Dark Star Orchestra presents the complete original set list, song by song, and in order, recreating historic music with faithful interpretation. On many occasions, the band will also improvise their set lists, often based on sections of famous shows and familiar groupings of Grateful Dead songs.

Dark Star Orchestra adapts their phrasing, voice arrangements, and even arranges specific musical equipment for the various eras in which they perform. At the end of every performance, the band announces the date and venue where the original show just covered took place. Dark Star Orchestra dips into nearly every incarnation of the Dead, so most fans can "see" shows that happened long before they were born.

Tomorrow

SUNDAY (EDT)

1:30 - Animal Liberation Orchestra
2:30 - TBA
4:00 - Matisyahu
5:15 - The Bridge
5:30 - One eskimO
6:15 - Drive-By Truckers
7:30 - Levon Helm & Friends:
Warren Haynes, Donald Fagen, Ray LaMontagne, Sam Bush, Steve Earle, Patterson & David Hood, Jackie Greene, Allison Moorer and more!

http://www.iclips.net

reece,

flanman

reece said:
You're welcome guys.

Dark Star Orchestra is coming up in a few minutes. For those that don't know about them, they are a Grateful Dead cover band that mostly recreates entire performances.

From Wikipedia:

On most, though not all their performances, Dark Star Orchestra presents the complete original set list, song by song, and in order, recreating historic music with faithful interpretation. On many occasions, the band will also improvise their set lists, often based on sections of famous shows and familiar groupings of Grateful Dead songs.

Dark Star Orchestra adapts their phrasing, voice arrangements, and even arranges specific musical equipment for the various eras in which they perform. At the end of every performance, the band announces the date and venue where the original show just covered took place. Dark Star Orchestra dips into nearly every incarnation of the Dead, so most fans can "see" shows that happened long before they were born.

Tomorrow

SUNDAY (EDT)

1:30 - Animal Liberation Orchestra
2:30 - TBA
4:00 - Matisyahu
5:15 - The Bridge
5:30 - One eskimO
6:15 - Drive-By Truckers
7:30 - Levon Helm & Friends:
Warren Haynes, Donald Fagen, Ray LaMontagne, Sam Bush, Steve Earle, Patterson & David Hood, Jackie Greene, Allison Moorer and more!

http://www.iclips.net
i was SUPPOSED to go to this festival...i'll be lucky if i get to go to tomorrow's set :(

flanman,
Top Bottom