• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Nope. Im referring to the original post and the one i made in the cheap bubbler thread before anyone knew anything about a mini.

I'm not attacking anyone. But I am also capable of passing on pics to these sellers and having them make them. A few have already agreed, and it isn't as difficult as some people think. The hardest part, is doing the picture editing.

Blankrider was just supposed to middleman my design over to the chinese to get it made, since right off the bat, it got great feedback in both threads. Turns out, Steven speaks english pretty well, and isn't difficult to work with. Neither are some other sellers, who are already supported by FC. Just figured, out of courtesy to steven, for doing such a good job with the fc-187 that I'd give him the first opportunity to make the FC-186.

Also, "that weird mouthpiece" is what people pay several hundred for on the original, so if we are going to put weird things like the top of the mini pillar, just because it is in the original, then changing it to a worse one just seems even less logical.

Not here to argue. Made this thread so people who could design pieces, could get their designs critiqued, and then made. Not so every design would go through the same people for final decisions before getting messaged to the glass blowers.

It seems your endeavor is not well supported in this thread's venture. You are of course free to pursue what you want, but if your side efforts in any way derail the awesome goodness of what is going on here, well....then....

35qvq9.jpg

EverythingsHazy

It seems your endeavor is not well supported in this thread's venture. You are of course free to pursue what you want, but if your side efforts in any way derail the awesome goodness of what is going on here, well....then....

35qvq9.jpg

My endeavor/efforts is most of what got this "awesome goodness" thread going. That's why every post I made of the design people liked a lot. If anyone doesn't like this thread, they can leave. My piece ideas were very well supported, and will be passed on to sellers. To be courteous, steven gets the first opportunity. If anyone doesn't like it, there will be others being made as well. Not everyone has to get every piece. If you want something different, come up with it, design it, and propose it to a seller. Just get a dhgate account, photoshop, and send them a message lol

This thread is feeling too political. The point was to get awesome designs posted and relay them to sellers. And to see how you non-photo-editing members liked them to see if they would sell well. Not to see if 3 more people on this post liked the neck angled a little more this way or that. Whoever designs something should have the final say. Especially since they can just message the seller directly.

Also, "not well supported in this thread's venture"/"derail the awesome goodness"? lmao

The original opinions of my designs.No reason to have changed it in the first place.
THIS^^^^^^^ yes this!

Love it! I'd be all over this.

I'll buy one, that kicks ass

That will be a beast as well as a best seller! I'll buy one

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: MuushuPork

mestizo

My endeavor/efforts is most of what got this "awesome goodness" thread going. That's why every post I made of the design people liked a lot. If anyone doesn't like this thread, they can leave. My piece ideas were very well supported, and will be passed on to sellers. To be courteous, steven gets the first opportunity. If anyone doesn't like it, there will be others being made as well. Not everyone has to get every piece. If you want something different, come up with it, design it, and propose it to a seller. Just get a dhgate account, photoshop, and send them a message lol

This thread is feeling too political. The point was to get awesome designs posted and relay them to sellers. And to see how you non-photo-editing members liked them to see if they would sell well. Not to see if 3 more people on this post liked the neck angled a little more this way or that. Whoever designs something should have the final say. Especially since they can just message the seller directly.
You started the thread, but @blankrider had already secured the FC-187 as you stated in your first post in this thread, showing your designs to Steven is not being courteous in my opinion, it is being rude since blankrider has already been in talks with him, and has been before you showed us your ideas, like @jambandphan03 said, we don't need anymore cooks, ( I hope that is what she meant).

EverythingsHazy

You started the thread, but @blankrider had already secured the FC-187 as you stated in your first post in this thread, showing your designs to Steven is not being courteous in my opinion, it is being rude since blankrider has already been in talks with him, and has been before you showed us your ideas, like @jambandphan03 said, we don't need anymore cooks, ( I hope that is what she meant).
You're acting like blankrider is a vendor that is losing business. He is just the guy who did the messaging to steven for the first piece. Messaging someone else instead, before offering steven the chance, wouldn't be very thoughtful to steven, since he IS the one that would be losing the business....

EverythingsHazy,

mestizo

You're acting like blankrider is a vendor that is losing business. He is just the guy who did the messaging to steven for the first piece. Messaging someone else instead, before offering steven the chance, wouldn't be very thoughtful to steven, since he IS the one that would be losing the business....
Dude, don't you see it? your actions can ruin this whole thing for everybody, you just want to get your way at any cost, @blankrider on the other hand is doing quite the opposite.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Wait so I wanted something that X member was not a fan of and you all jump on me with "go out and contact a blower and get it made yourself.

Now MrHazy wants to go out and contact a blower to get something made himself and your about to call that rude?

Starting to feel all double standard up in here.

EverythingsHazy

Dude, don't you see it? your actions can ruin this whole thing for everybody, you just want to get your way at any cost, @blankrider on the other hand is doing quite the opposite.

Do you know what you are talking about? What can get "ruined"? I know this is a stoner forum, but we have to make some sense here... Nobody was rallying against my designs that they needed to be changed. Should've just been submitted and it could've had the first 50 out right around the new year.

EverythingsHazy,

mestizo

Wait so I wanted something that X member was not a fan of and you all jump on me with "go out and contact a blower and get it made yourself.

Now MrHazy wants to go out and contact a blower to get something made himself and your about to call that rude?

Sure you two do that, you are free to do it, go for it.
I guess it is difficult for some to understand when a courtesy offer becomes a rude one.

mestizo,

mestizo

Do you know what you are talking about? What can get "ruined"? I know this is a stoner forum, but we have to make some sense here... Nobody was rallying against my designs that they needed to be changed. Should've just been submitted and it could've had the first 50 out right around the new year.
I'm done.
I'm moving on to a more productive thing and getting "stoned".
I guess "stoners" don't make sense.

Later.

VJJJV

No clue what I did yesterday
I'm all for the heated discussion. It's not like this is high school and nobody's feelings shall be hurt. And just cause it's all about weed doesn't mean we have to be "chill". Don't think telling someone to chill out has ever worked. If you want people to chill just shut up and move on, otherwise you're trying to put fire out with gasoline.

Embrace the debate!

and seriously: what other data do we have other than some tiny survey that just speaks in general about mouthpieces.. I might like different mouthpieces on different systems. Oh and then stop going on about the fucking likes.. they are the worst measure in all of this. So far the data is seriously flawed.

Furthermore you guys are all just: "Yeah what blankrider said!!!" sheep mentality right there..

I'm fine with a bend neck, don't know if I'll buy it, I was always for the sidecar so you can see the pillar work without a mirror. With that bent neck I wont get to see much of the cool effects.

Last edited:

mestizo

I'm all for the heated discussion. It's not like this is high school and nobody's feelings shall be hurt. And just cause it's all about weed doesn't mean we have to be "chill". Don't think telling someone to chill out has ever worked. If you want people to chill just shut up and move on, otherwise you're trying to put fire out with gasoline.

Embrace the debate!
A member here was successful at getting something made by request, others have tried and failed, I guess it is not that easy, such member asked to be left alone in his dealing with such vendor, I think as a matter of respect to him since he did all the leg work we should honor his request.
What do you think?

mestizo

Not just "a" blower, but "the" blower.

Read below:

"You are free to contact any blower you want to make your dreams come true. Just please don't contact Steven and bother him about the neck. I know that it has already happened at least once. I did a lot of legwork on this and don't appreciate people trying to go around me"

blankrider

OK I hope that no one takes this out of context because I am a very chill dude and the last thing I want to do is sound full of myself.

That being said, none of this would be happening without me. I am not a vendor or a blower but I did spend a lot of time contacting a lot of sellers before I was able to make this happen. And I'm not just doing this for myself but for FC, which is why I started with the 187. It is not the design I wanted most, but most wanted buy the forum.

These pipes were not even an option a couple months ago and now with my help (and other FC members) they will be available for purchase at unbelievable prices.

I don't understand how a single person could be less than thankful for my contributions but I'm not going to let it derail my original goal of bringing you all highly functional and sought after glass for reasonable prices.

VJJJV

I say it again: the data is flawed.... a lot... basically you have no data

edit: I would like to make a properly done survey with Google Forms and get at least 60 votes in, but I'm on vacation.

Last edited:

mestizo

OK I hope that no one takes this out of context because I am a very chill dude and the last thing I want to do is sound full of myself.

That being said, none of this would be happening without me. I am not a vendor or a blower but I did spend a lot of time contacting a lot of sellers before I was able to make this happen. And I'm not just doing this for myself but for FC, which is why I started with the 187. It is not the design I wanted most, but most wanted buy the forum.

These pipes were not even an option a couple months ago and now with my help (and other FC members) they will be available for purchase at unbelievable prices.

I don't understand how a single person could be less than thankful for my contributions but I'm not going to let it derail my original goal of bringing you all highly functional and sought after glass for reasonable prices.
Thank you, well said.

EverythingsHazy

I say it again: the data is flawed.... a lot...

edit: I would like to make a properly done survey with Google Forms and get at least 60 votes in, but I'm on vacation.

The thing that makes this great, is that everyone isn't going to buy every piece, and therefore, not every piece has to be what everybody people likes best.

Especially when they didn't create it. That said, if someone is designing a piece, they should have the final say in what it looks like, since it wouldn't exist without them. If it's not bad, a lot of people will like it and buy it, like they do with all the pre-existing pieces that aren't their perfect design, already for sale. So why not let the designer have the choice. That's how these things work. Designers listen to customers and then make the final decision. Obviously taking into consideration comments and critique, but ultimately most pieces on dhgate sell because they are cool and can get marked up 5-10x for retail. So all of these awesome pieces will be great sellers regardless of if a handful of people on here prefer something slightly different. They can always submit their own piece idea and make it their dream piece. See what people think about it. Why not?

Also to touch on the original case that fc members are only a small percentage of the sales, if that is the case, then a small majority vote in a very general forum poll don't matter enough to warrant a change. Especially when other pieces give that option anyway (i.e. the mini pillar).

EverythingsHazy,

NorthernHuskie

@VJJJV please do make a survey. I agree the data is very unorganized but hopefully it'd settle all disputes.

Personally I think y'all are making a huge deal out of nothing.. The mouthpiece could be a damn loopty-loop for all I care and I'd still get the pillar perc. Not everyone will get their perfect piece but it's common knowledge that Chinese glass will never be perfect.

Not hopin on the bandwagon but @blankrider can make the pieces however the hell he wanted to and as long as they're are still decent quality, well functioning pieces, I'd still buy them just because we're still getting thousand dollar pieces for cheap af.. The thing is though, even though he could just send in his own designs however he personally wanted (the bent neck), @blankrider went with what he believed the majority wanted.

@EverythingsHazy if you aren't happy with the mouthpiece, just like we told @Dramma Lamma, please more than welcome to contact any other sellers, just not Steven

NorthernHuskie,
Reactions: mestizo

EverythingsHazy

@VJJJV please do make a survey. I agree the data is very unorganized but hopefully it'd settle all disputes.

Personally I think y'all are making a huge deal out of nothing.. The mouthpiece could be a damn loopty-loop for all I care and I'd still get the pillar perc. Not everyone will get their perfect piece but it's common knowledge that Chinese glass will never be perfect.

Not hopin on the bandwagon but @blankrider can make the pieces however the hell he wanted to and as long as they're are still decent quality, well functioning pieces, I'd still buy them just because we're still getting thousand dollar pieces for cheap af.. The thing is though, even though he could just send in his own designs however he personally wanted (the bent neck), @blankrider went with what he believed the majority wanted.

@EverythingsHazy if you aren't happy with the mouthpiece, just like we told @Dramma Lamma, please more than welcome to contact any other sellers, just not Steven

It's not his design to decide anything about. He was just supposed to pass it on. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. Steven is the one who will be making or missing out on money.

EverythingsHazy,

VJJJV

I'm a 100% against the "designer" getting last words or anyone for that matter. It's not like there is real skill involved. All we do is copy shit, let's face it. Stop acting like you own the design or really "designed" anything..

Not all pieces on dhgate sell equally. So no not all pieces will be great sellers. Right now we need to design pieces that will be popular. And it seems like the pillar will be quite popular regardless of what neck, but at the same time that's all speculation and fluff.

I can very well see the pillar selling less units than the fc-187. Especially with 2 versions to pick from. If the pillar fails, steven might just drop us and not be bothered to deal with us anymore. Right now we're very hasty, maybe too hasty..

Top Bottom