• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Gigsabits53

Thats not what I want to hear seeing as I've just invested in an enail!

Take that back! :D

HaHa!! No kidding.

You will love the e-nail I'm sure. I cant believe I never tried the stopwatch idea either. Man I'm dumb lol !! When I torched and dabbed I never used any consistency. Then I wondered why I was getting some inconsistent results....duh!

sunnyx12x21x

Hey frnds !!
am planning to try isopropyl wash with vaped buds.

isopropyl that i have ordered (hasnt delivered yet) is Laboratory Reagent , so maybe enuf.

Now guys can u guys tell me what not do to evaporate
1 Letting it evaporate open in my room without heat ?? is this safe or will i have to open window and not light anything ?? is that only necessay when its heated ??
2 Ther's this Water Vapor product in my home,where u put water in it, plug in, it boils it without flames ,and let boiled water's vapor pass for inhaling purpose . So it make sense that i can put bowl above it as it only make it heat very slightly only. Do i need take drastic measure here ?? worry about ventilation.?

I have to do this all discretely, thats why all this concern

sunnyx12x21x,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
am planning to try isopropyl wash with vaped buds.

Your end-product with be terrible. Do it with fresh buds or don't bother IMO. Isopropyl alcohol is a really aggressive solvent and there won't be much for you to remove in vaped weed.

Keep it next to an open window, preferably with a fan blowing out. Or leave it outside (cover with cheesecloth to keep particulates out) to evaporate. Alcohol fumes and enclosed spaces are not a great idea.

Gigsabits53

Your end-product with be terrible. Do it with fresh buds or don't bother IMO. Isopropyl alcohol is a really aggressive solvent and there won't be much for you to remove in vaped weed.

Keep it next to an open window, preferably with a fan blowing out. Or leave it outside (cover with cheesecloth to keep particulates out) to evaporate. Alcohol fumes and enclosed spaces are not a great idea.

I agree with this. I have done it before and the taste was so awful I threw it away. I revape my AVB when I run out of supply. Its not great, but it's better than doing a QWISO ime.

sunnyx12x21x

I should have explained my situation more.

Now i know abv's outcome will be not great comparing to normal buds, but for this iso extract purpose only am been tossing out buds only after vaping at 165-175 C and i know i could squeeze more clouds if i had used max temp of my vape/220 C.

What i am Looking for
Compact weed - if i were to travel, it be wise to have some oil looking THC/CBD bomb instead of smelling buds
Solubility - Since it decrabbed for 2-6 minutes in oven, i hope that i can eat that wax\oil , maybe mix in my coffee with some oil ,idk man
Tubo High (Indica)- hopefully most of abv|avb's iso oil will have indica like effect .

What am not looking for
Taste- i wish to put that wax/oil maybe sandwich in fresh buds, maybe mix with warm oil and mix in peanut butter....

ONE more thing guys, This might come as stupid thing to ask ,
would this work ?

U all might know off tea strainer ball, so can i put that on a face of cup,put avb in strainer.
and strain Iso in strainer 3-5 time with abv in it , and maybe give a squeeze at last time,,

then let that collected , multiple strained iso sit in a wide face glass container ..

Would this work fine ?? since no cheesecloth's or coffee filter is used there might be more of abv|avb than one desire,, But GUYS that would ruin my product right ?? ????

and Is ISO extracted oil|wax is soluble with oils like coconut or olive oil ?

sunnyx12x21x,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
That ABV/reclaim/oil you wish to make will be best used in edibles and likely won't be very potent. I recently cleaned out my rig and got about 4g of reclaim after winterization. I turned 1 gram of it into edibles and it seems like it is about 1/3 the strength compared to a distillate. I haven't tried dabbing any of the reclaim to test it's potency in a vaporizer mostly to save myself from the bad flavor. I assume it's not worth the trouble as I'd have to vaporize about 3 times as much. That combined with there are going to be residuals from the ISO which I dont believe are healthy to vaporize.

Gigsabits53

That ABV/reclaim/oil you wish to make will be best used in edibles and likely won't be very potent. I recently cleaned out my rig and got about 4g of reclaim after winterization. I turned 1 gram of it into edibles and it seems like it is about 1/3 the strength compared to a distillate. I haven't tried dabbing any of the reclaim to test it's potency in a vaporizer mostly to save myself from the bad flavor. I assume it's not worth the trouble as I'd have to vaporize about 3 times as much. That combined with there are going to be residuals from the ISO which I dont believe are healthy to vaporize.

I dont normally get the bad taste from reclaim. In fact, I quite enjoy dabbing my reclaim. I find it is usually quite potent and the taste is not nearly as bad as QWISO.

Gigsabits53,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
4 grams from one rig? How the fuck did it still function? I wanna see this!

I use a genie tower adapter (basically an 18M/18F glass joint adapter with a little room in between with a screen) and it collects most of my reclaim before it gets into my rig. After about two weeks it will get a little gunked up and the reclaim will start to make its way into my rig. This is when I take the adapter out and swap it for a clean one. The dirty adapter will usually give me about a 1/4 to a 1/2 gram depending on whether the 2 weeks was really 2 or more like 4. I redab all of my reclaim. I just throw it in with my nighttime sessions towards the end of the session. The flavor and effect is still pretty decent actually.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It's a small rig too :lol: I dunno, I dont clean my glass as often as my stem/nail/dish. It just built up! I was suprised to find that much, especially after winterization. I think I lost about 1-1.5gr of whatever was left in the coffee filter.

Here's what's left! I plan on mixing these 3 grams into a batch of chocolates which I generally only use a gram of fresh concentrates on.

p1ep49E.jpg

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
It's a small rig too :lol: I dunno, I dont clean my glass as often as my stem/nail/dish. It just built up! I was suprised to find that much, especially after winterization. I think I lost about 1-1.5gr of whatever was left in the coffee filter.

Here's what's left! I plan on mixing these 3 grams into a batch of chocolates which I generally only use a gram of fresh concentrates on.

p1ep49E.jpg
Those are going to be some sleepy chocolates!

nosmoking,

sunnyx12x21x

Actually, when making edibles with abv|avb, i have very bad experince with edibles. Mostly tried with olive or coconut ,tried with abv|avb to fresh buds. It was failure mostly , just got twice or trice got lucky and got huge high punches.

I have limited access to my kitchen.Plus we have stove so no way of controlling precise temperature, beside obvious control on flames.

So now am aiming at ISO|IPA, thinking to give quick wash of iso|ipa while i let avb|abv rest on strainer.
after few wash with iso|ips. GUYS if i were to put a fan to ISO|IPA extract , do i still need to worry about open flames near it ?? obviously i will not going to light anything but can i do this no-heating process in my room.

So now with final evaporated product, (decrabed because of source was vaped) oil|wax
What is solubility|availability of this product ?
Can i eat it ??
Can this be soluble by heat or without heat with oil. And if it can, can we use it for beauty or to put somewhere where its paining ?

I dont normally get the bad taste from reclaim. In fact, I quite enjoy dabbing my reclaim. I find it is usually quite potent and the taste is not nearly as bad as QWISO.

i also agree, i have vivant alternate vape. it has some mouthpiece/cu problem with its original cooling unit (mouthpiece). So on opening cooling unit i could see black layer which i can imagine is wax|oil and powdered fresh to vaped buds. i handled it how u would handle wax, made a roll and pressed it with coin. divided it into 3-5 piece. and sand witch it with fresh buds. I get X3 vapor, i was able to use X3 than usal buds. While most of that flat\ball hash|wax is melted but left what look like verb black something which is waiting to break into powder as soon as u give a lil press.

i even tried without buds but with its wax pad in my vape. i didt like it as much as i liked with fresh buds but i wouldt say it was cause of bad taste.It mostly felt like flavorless to a little how avb should taste like.

sunnyx12x21x,

Quetzalcoatl

Bioavailability of oil is dependent on the carrier. I fucked up my hand so have to explain in fewer words as it's easier for me.

Alcohol (ethanol, the drinking kind) has solubility 3x higher than glycerin. I have had success in the past taking oil and mixing it with a little bit of coconut oil (my preferred carrier for edibles) in a dish, and then use a fresh big barrel syringe and dose accurate amounts into capsules. Vegetable capsules dont melt like gelatin so use those.

Quetzalcoatl

fucked up ur hands ?? How ??
plz tell me how not to get fuck my hands or anypart of me ?
Plz
lmao i did it cleaning dishes last night and have a splint to not bend fingers. hard to type. iso on hands will not be terrible but wash it off and apply some lotion, removes the oils on youer hands that are naturally produced.

Quetzalcoatl,

sunnyx12x21x

u are scaring me >

i dont plan to to put my hand in 99% if not 99.9%, but considering my basic motor skills. i might spill some here and there .. So what if i spill some(2-3 drops), say on my hands or on legs

sunnyx12x21x,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
u are scaring me >

i dont plan to to put my hand in 99% if not 99.9%, but considering my basic motor skills. i might spill some here and there .. So what if i spill some(2-3 drops), say on my hands or on legs

unless you're allergic to it, no big deal.

I get 91% on me while cleaning all the time... I wash my hands (Dr. Bronners!) afterwards.

looney2nz,
Reactions: pigfoot

sunnyx12x21x

One last thing .

With QWISO wash, when am letting it evaporate it naturally, maybe will run a mini usb fan on it . Do i need to worry about its evaporated vapor ??
i am only going to play with 50-200 ml iso only

sunnyx12x21x,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Has anyone spent much time studying dab tools?

Have any designs proven to be most efficient?
Do any have characteristics that limit/prevent oil from traveling up the tool away from the heat?

I clean my tools after every use and see a lot of waste.

No matter the technique I use, or how long I stay on the nail, I always tend to have excess oil that wont transfer nor will it vaporize completely. Any thoughts? It is a pretty big subject, perhaps it warrants a separate thread if the discussion evolves.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Has anyone spent much time studying dab tools?

Have any designs proven to be most efficient?
Do any have characteristics that limit/prevent oil from traveling up the tool away from the heat?

...i've been wondering this myself lately...

...my personal preference for dab tools are the 'ball point' or 'pencil tip' style ends... i really want to like the 'cookie-cutter' style end but i cant.. too much waste :shrug:

Top Bottom