Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Bad Ocelot

about half a gram a week for me, though it does fluctuate a bit. Kind of curious on usage stats myself.

Bad Ocelot,

ome

Hi Pigfoot,
I have some very thick eureka co2 oil that I need to get out of their broken coil disp carts and somehow dab in a water cooled bong.
Besides the SMALL RIG, could you tell me exactly what else I need and where to get it, same place as small rig?
Just need what will work, I take huge
30 - 40 secound hits, cause very high resistance to thc.
Harsh with my eleaf mini I stick, and a cart of oil.
So just a quick list of items and probably go with an e-nail, if possible, and ditch the torch.
Thank You very much in advance,
ome

ome,

roadranger

Questions; Can I vape shatter or crumbles in an Airizer? Will it get hot enough? (435 deg.)
Will I have to make a sandwich of Bud around the shatter/wax to keep from gumming everything up?

roadranger,
Reactions: kellya86

StonedCold

can anybody point to any examples of BHO before and after being dewaxed? curious how it changes appearance

StonedCold,

esoh

Am I wasting some of my wax by dabbing on a really dirty nail? Using a glass quartz castle. It's so hard to get clean.

esoh,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
Can anyone recommend a ceramic nail from dhgate? Anything to avoid?
Avoid ceramics in general, even with care ceramics will crack eventually and from there it just spreads every time you heat it. Go with quartz or Ti for the same price more or less. If you can wait a couple weeks or more shop on DHgate.com.

Am I wasting some of my wax by dabbing on a really dirty nail? Using a glass quartz castle. It's so hard to get clean.
The most likely way you are wasting your oil is by dabbing too hot if you have no means of controlling/monitoring temperature. Even a <$20 IR thermometer is worth it for the flavor and efficiency.

063_XOBX,

raunchmonster

Sorry if this has already been covered, but has anyone here tried making their own concentrate by squeezing bud (wrapped in parchment paper) with a hair straightener? I've seen and read some tutorials, but I'm curious if it's practical or not. What do you guys think?

raunchmonster,

DrRishi

I have vaped BHO in an Air and a Solo but I did sandwich it in between some flower.

If you really want to enjoy BHO you need a proper concentrate vape. I have tried many. The Hercules is now my goto concentrate vape. Steep learning curve but once you have got it it is easy to use, lasts a long time on each refill and offers fantastic taste. Don't want to sound like a fan boy but I am!

DrRishi,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Dedicated concentrate vapes are great, I have several. That has nothing to do with question though...

And if You really want to enjoy concentrates, expand your mind past BHO... C02 and live is where my heart is at.

Love my portable oil vapes, but hard to beat the convenience, discretion and portability of carts... No constant loading in public too.

FlyingLow,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
It doesn't matter how it is extracted, but that it was freshly super cooled right after harvest and processed.

seaofgreens,

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
Any of you try FlavRX carts yet? Some of the best I've tried
yeah..heavily diluted..not good. haven't tried the black label ones though. the best carts i've tried are vegan buddha followed by mighty meds. heard great things about autodabber and shatter tanks but haven't tried.
can anybody point to any examples of BHO before and after being dewaxed? curious how it changes appearance
it's not always necessarily a physically visible change. you can dewax some poop soup and it may still look like poop soup. however, in shatter you can spot streaks of plant fat/lipids which are a surefire sign of little/no dewaxing. i know of a local extractor who refuses to dewax solely because he loses so much weight (greed) and his shatter always has this characteristic.

ccchase420,

Prospector

I had a general question about removing concentrate reclaim from titanium and glass pieces. Has anyone ever tried to place the items in an oven on low heat and have the reclaim drain off into a collector of some sort? I know I can ISO wash them but am searching for other alternatives.

Prospector,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
I had a general question about removing concentrate reclaim from titanium and glass pieces. Has anyone ever tried to place the items in an oven on low heat and have the reclaim drain off into a collector of some sort? I know I can ISO wash them but am searching for other alternatives.
I think the heat would alter the reclaim just about as much as an ISO wash would. I'm a big fan of scraping drop downs and although I've never tried one I bet a reclaimer would be excellent. Not sure how that helps you now but hindsight is 20/20.

063_XOBX,

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
I know I can ISO wash them but am searching for other alternatives.
consider citric degreaser. while it sounds like you're trying to get away from soaking being the method of cleaning, i highly prefer the degreaser over alcohol for applications like this. overnight soak, smells like oranges (duh), rinses off like soap. zepp citric degreaser is the brand i usually find at home depot.

ccchase420,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I get these all the time. Supposedly it is made by FlavrX but who really knows since I am all the way on the east coast. I have had flavors/strains that do not exist on their website...like right now I have GSC and Master OG. My buddy swears its made by FlavrX and that they are one of the best for co2 vape carts. Who knows really. What I do know is it took a week or two for me to get used to the aquired taste of co2 extracts. Same for my brother. He has low tolerance and loves the co2 carts. They can get him blasted and he often will use the co2 cart and no dry herb. I have high tolerance on the other hand. I stopped using the co2 carts because I go through so much flower that I just dont feel a lot of effect from the co2 carts. I have yet to try the Master OG but my buddies reported it was one of their favorites so far and they favor based on effect, not flavor. I feel like I get minimal body effect from the co2 carts I get and that the head high is just strong enough to buzz me.

Now in the Winter I used them a lot to get through the ski day while teaching my 2 sons to ski or when attending events I coach. Since co2 carts do not smell like herb at all and they look like an ecig I can basically use them anywhere. So the only time I really use them is when I am trying not to blow up a scene.

Edit:
I also have some co2 sap that is labeled Gorilla Glue. It doesnt have much for flavor but it does plenty for effect.

I find conctrates to be fun but just not as effective as straight up flower. I get flowers that probably range in the 15%-25% thc level. I find if I have a wild hair, I much rather cram my Supreme V3 with nug chunks and blast the hell out of them. It is far better than any dab I have taken and you get the full spectrum of effect. Flower dabs is where it is at for me now!

Last edited:
nosmoking,

esoh

I'm sorry in advance because I know this is such a nooby question

but I go through a 5.5oz can of butane a month in my torch and I'm looking for a good place to buy fuel in bulk.

I don't think I care too much about purity and whatnot, as i'm just lighting my dab nail, nothing else.

esoh,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
For me the carts from Xtractology are tops. They have zero carrier liquid. Pure Solventless extract in a cart. 80% THC. In 1/2 and 1.0 gram carts. Total stealth. I even took one on a plane.
paE4DUK.jpg

Top Bottom