Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I would also like to know the answers to the questions you have asked. I even came to this thread today thinking I might ask the same sort of question, but you've already laid it all out better than I would have been able to. Lucky me. Is it bad to season the ti by just dabbing off it? It tastes like burnt Chinese take-out.

Water or alcohol will not season a Ti nail. You are trying to create a coating, similar to that on a cast iron frying pan. You definitely can season just by dabbing - this is what the creator of Highly Educated nails recommends. Never hit a red hot nail, it will taste like crap. The idea is to let it cool somewhat after heating. If you are getting the nail red, give it 20 seconds or so (use a timer), and adjust up or down from there. Keep increasing the wait time till you get residue left in the nail, but don't worry about that now. You should be getting better taste at this point. If you're using a timer, you can duplicate the result. There's a bit of an art to it, it does take practice.

That's why people are going to carb caps - they let you dab at a lower temp, yet because of science, they give nearly complete combustion. Hold off on trying a cap till you get the hang of the dab itself. Apparently you can season in the oven as well - I have not tried it. There is a post, by @Caligula about that, in this thread. If you have reclaim, or low quality oil, use that to season with. If not, just dab what you got. No, your glass won't be damaged by heating a female nail. No need to season dabber or carb cap.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
9IvlxLn.jpg

Can someone tell me if I can dab with the items in the picture please...I have a torch too???

StickyShisha2

in the picture, next to the tray of dabs, are 4 glass pieces. You won't need to smoking bowl. (2nd from the top)

remove the glass tube and hose setup from the bubbler.
in its place put the double ended glass adapter. into the top of it, place the glass nail (head up).
have the open topped glass dome ready to top it.

with the dome off, you need to torch the nail head. then put the dome on. then drop your tiny dab onto the nail head while inhaling through the bubbler.

Spocks_Katra

perhaps you gentlemen can assist me,

I received my order from oil vaporizer today with my alpha globe and some spare coils, Im just wondering if anyone has any general tips and tricks as I am relatively new to concentrates, I have a few tools, a scoop dog, a mini honeybun, and a silicone covered tool. im wondering what the best way to get the wax right on the coil is, I found with my metal tools, it was really difficult to get the wax off the end and onto the coil, I ended up just smearing it on the inside wall. thats why I bough the silicone tool but would appreciate tips on this.

WHAT voltage or wattage should it be set for? i bought the single coil TI

How long should I expect coils to last? I only use concentrates maybe 3 times a week with just a small dab, maybe a quarter size of a pea or less. really just enough to cover the tip of my dab tool.

any other general tips about concentrates and the alpha globe would be greatly appreciated!

Spocks_Katra,

StickyShisha2

on that design oil vape, I like to let go of the button for a split second while hitting. otherwise the oil gets pushed away from the heating wire.

tools are another issue. I haven't had much luck with the nonstick tools. I mainly use a wooden toothpick.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I would prefer to stick with a classic e-nail with quartz nail ....or better (sic, sapphire, halo,...), I prefer low temps and I think I can go lower with my e-nail. My only experience with this sort of portable e-nail is the Ihit and the TN01....I prefer a lot my e-nail or Persei, so tastier....

Wizsteve

i couldn't find the ihit ( what i did find was a cell phone stash case lol ,can you post a pic?) tn01 looks fun do the coils burn out?

Wizsteve,

Monsoon

For anyone looking at these new style Boost "pens", should check out the breakdown someone did on reddit of the GreenlightVapes one. They used PTFE that isn't rated for the temps it gives out and solder to connect the wire to the heaters which is apparently really bad. Seems like everyone is using the same basic design but different parts and internals. The current Dr Dabber model was confirmed as being okay in the thread, not sure about the others yet. Anyone in the market for one now should do some research first and possibly avoid China for this one.

Spocks_Katra

+1 to toothpicks for pen loading.
So nice to have limitless supply, disposable, never worrying about putting it down and tarring everything up, and gentle on coils and atomizers....

I feel so dumb for not even considering the humble toothpick. Trying it out tonight.

im new to concentrates and hadnt heard of this either, so do you just use the toothpick right off the bat to pick up a dab, or do you use a tool and then scrape it off the tool with a toothpick?

Spocks_Katra,

Wizsteve

Do any coils not burn out?

why yes many however this thin wire they use may be more likely to melt that's why i ask but there are others that uses a reg coil ,or like the one i made will never burn out however its just a matter of making able to handle the watts.

Wizsteve,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I use a tool to remove shatter, but if it is a wetter oil Ill just pull some out directly with a toothpick. I take the tip and will press it against my matt while rolling the pic in my fingers, this relieves the material from the toothpick and leaves a little ball on the matt if you slowly pull the pick back while spinning and pressing the tip. then I pick up the ball with the very tip of the toothpick and balance it over the atomizer coil.

Wizsteve

Never used a matt just glass jars but this one just cracked need to find another but Pyrex instead at least it was almost empty but worked for a long time of being heated up by a torch one of those nice shaped tiny jars and to collect it i tried all kinds of dabbing tools than came up with my own.

The dabbing tool i use now that i made into a dabbing tool works so well i just wondered if any here has tried using the tool that i use ...

dharmaglasssizes.png

or these metal ones

32165-3.jpg

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

Wingsman

Hello guys I'm new here and need some help With my small run Bho I've been making. When I light the Bho on the end of a pin it sparks and flames but when I try to purge it in a double boil nothing happens. 2 batches I have kept between 110 and 150 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour or so and they are stable but they still spark and fizzle. Give lend a hand if you can

Wingsman,
Top Bottom