Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

GZdZj2Z.jpg

Dutch Crunch Colas!
Single Plant!
Are you looking to employ a butler? I'll send you my resume lol

farscaper

I'm a full blown rookie!
I lollipop the lower branches.
Last time I harvested I yielded 1.1 pounds for a single plant.
The super cropping helped.
I live in a limited state so I threw away over a 1/2 pound in the trash of manicured colas.
8 zips is all we are allowed to keep.
7 feet is my plant height.
The lower 1/2 not in the photo the trunk is bare!
I only grow colas!
if you only want colas try a "mainline" some time. boy does that tech make monster colas.

farscaper,
Reactions: ataxian

krusht

Saw these on Massdrop. TiSushi Sticks. Thought they might make for good dabbers. Any thoughts? Kind of expensive on the website but if they do drop, the price may be decent.

r0nVYdq.jpg
What are we thinking they're cut from - some tusk/horn or bamboo? I have some sharpened ivory chopsticks I use in my grow room, but a steel tool from the headshop is prolly better than something organic for dabbing - they are classy looking, for sure, tho!

mod note: Edited to fix QUOTE mess

Last edited by a moderator:
krusht,
Reactions: ataxian

spoutti

I just received my silicon heating pads from keenovo.com . I sent him the final specs the 15th of september. I paid an extra 20$ to get express shipping. Mr Keenovo told me they were manufactured the 21st. Shipped the 23rd. Received today from hongkong :mental: Rapid.

farscaper

I just received my silicon heating pads from keenovo.com . I sent him the final specs the 15th of september. I paid an extra 20$ to get express shipping. Mr Keenovo told me they were manufactured the 21st. Shipped the 23rd. Received today from hongkong :mental: Rapid.

for something custom made for you in hong kong... yea that is! ive waited longer for things being dropshipped that were already completed... in the usa!

so how does it work? I was on the fence about them myself.

Last edited:

spoutti

for something custom made for you in hong kong... yea that is! ive waited longer for things being dropshipped that were already completed... in the usa!

so how does it work? I was on the fence about them myself.
I based myself on this post http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/concentrates-for-noobs-q-a.13783/page-25#post-632121.

So I ordered 2 80W 180mmx180mm pad an added a dimmer to it so i can adjust the temperature. I thought the size about covers an 8" square pyrex. Looks like this after adding the dimmer box.

Ixzx53p.jpg

Quick interaction with Mr Keenovo. He can help you design the pads for your custom needs.

So I will put towels, the pad, and the pyrex on top. Check the temp with a laser thermometer, adjust with the dimmer along the way. From what I gathered, I try to keep it at 115F max, under 100F is better (qwet, qwiso maybe too).

I should do my run in about 3 weeks. And I hope I wont need 2 days of purge this time!

krusht

I based myself on this post http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/concentrates-for-noobs-q-a.13783/page-25#post-632121.

So I ordered 2 80W 180mmx180mm pad an added a dimmer to it so i can adjust the temperature. I thought the size about covers an 8" square pyrex. Looks like this after adding the dimmer box.

Ixzx53p.jpg

Quick interaction with Mr Keenovo. He can help you design the pads for your custom needs.

So I will put towels, the pad, and the pyrex on top. Check the temp with a laser thermometer, adjust with the dimmer along the way. From what I gathered, I try to keep it at 115F max, under 100F is better (qwet, qwiso maybe too).

I should do my run in about 3 weeks. And I hope I wont need 2 days of purge this time!

What it is, bro', :rockon: is 'beau' - in my opinion :2c: you are distilling the bliss - what's a few hours one way or the other? :peace: :love:

krusht,
Reactions: spoutti

farscaper

Ixzx53p.jpg

for alcohol evaporation I have found that a pc fan suspended over a dish pushing air directly down over the alcohol.

it doesnt matter if its heated or not the fan directly blowing onto the solution is what I have seen to aid it the fastest evaporation weather cold or warm.

of course a warm solution like you have planned shouldnt take too long... a large surface area also aids in evaporation time. where as a high wall narrow surface area will take substantially longer to evaporate.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I ran 12g of Oregon Train Wreck last night. My return is 2.8g of crazy sparkly crumble. For this batch it was different tek, slightly. I used a new 12"x1" Boro tube and 25micron SS screen. I used the same technique as packing my copper tube. I noticed that the butane was filling up and not draining through. I don't know what goes on inside my copper tube but tane never came out the top like with the glass. Plus I am paranoid about dropping and breaking the glass one. So I'm back to copper. I read up on SunkPharm and copper is ok as long as it is kept meticulously clean. Which I do.
UO6Sqvc.jpg

Tachead

Nice work Diehard, looks nice:tup:. I would stick to the glass tube if I were you though man. Copper is not safe dude, why take the risk? Here is a chemical compatibility program for ya...

http://www.coleparmer.ca/Chemical-Resistance

I personally would not blast though anything other then glass/boro, stainless steel, titanium, or aluminum. They are the safest and offer no chance of contamination. Acrylic is a no no with butane(and most other solvents) too so, I would get a pyrex lid for your vac chamber too if you want to be safe and eliminate chance for contamination and vac chamber failure.

Having the butane drain slower is not a bad thing, hence the thermos method. If you want it to blast through faster, run a coarser screen for initial blast like 50-160micron and then immediately re-filter through 10-25micron. I assume you are freezing your butane first? As that will slow it down too by keeping it in liquid forum for a longer duration.

On a side note, how accurately does that BBQ Guru/Power Raptor setup regulate your grills water temps in real life? Do you have a min/max DMM or temp probe to see the actual temp variations? I like the look of the setup for sure. Its a bit pricy though when compared to the dimmer/hotpad or fondue setup but, worth it to me if it has less temp variations. Thanks dude:tup:

Tachead,
Reactions: NickDlow

farscaper

I ran 12g of Oregon Train Wreck last night. My return is 2.8g of crazy sparkly crumble. For this batch it was different tek, slightly. I used a new 12"x1" Boro tube and 25micron SS screen. I used the same technique as packing my copper tube. I noticed that the butane was filling up and not draining through. I don't know what goes on inside my copper tube but tane never came out the top like with the glass. Plus I am paranoid about dropping and breaking the glass one. So I'm back to copper. I read up on SunkPharm and copper is ok as long as it is kept meticulously clean. Which I do.
UO6Sqvc.jpg
why not a stainless steel turkey baster? I have personally cut 3 down to various lengths... I still have a 4g and an 8g... an uncut can hold 15... I haven't used a full legnth sstb in a while but properly packed it may hold closer to 18 to 20g

and no meticulous cleaning.... little more than an alcohol soak and a good washing to clean it.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I like the copper for several reasons. I can open both ends. This means the end that the oil comes out of is not usually opened. And i have some additional screens in the end cap to keep the flower material away from clogging my 25 micron filter.I can make the tube any length. The input hole on my end cap fits the butane nozzle with no space around. This means no butane coming out the top ( like it did with the glass). I don't really clean the tube at all. (Just meticulous about making sure it is clean.). If there is even a speck of doubt. It's off to HD for a new piece. A quick ISO bath, and I have a new one. For sure his has been a controversial topic. According to SkunkPharm (even they have been known to use copper for closed loop.) the Cole-Parmer Chemical Reactivity database only gave copper/butane a "c" rating is because their testing is based on a 48 hour exposure. It should be fine for the <1-2 minutes that I'm exposing the copper to butane.

@Tachead The BBQ Guru is awesome! This is something that I already had. I make a mean pork shoulder in the smoker. I was talking with @Melting Pot and he suggested I try it. It is spot on with the temps. It has a second probe to measure the food. (I use the pit probe for the water bath.). If you use both the guru will not let the "food" temp exceed the temp that you set it to. I was going to try to adapt the chamber lid for the other probe for total temperature domination.:science:
I have put it in the chamber with no vac pulled and the temps equalize to within 1 degree.
Definitely freeze the tane and tube with flowers inside. I also fill any empty space in the tube with glass marbles to keep the flowers down and aid diffusion of the butane.

Last edited:
DieHard,
Reactions: NickDlow

farscaper

It's off to HD for a new piece
see that right there is all it took to keep me in sstb. the shape actually lends to the extraction process because of the conical intake... ive used the plastic adapters with a little ptfe thread tape never a leak! this is why I avoided glass for so long.

but I spend 12 bucks and never have to doubt or replace it. plus I dont even have to leave the house lol...

not saying your method is wrong. simply explaining my point of view.

on the note of using the 25 micron screens... I notice sooo much more wax residue in my extraction since going to a 2x ply 25micro screen... I noticed a lot more efficient mechanical wax filtering when using 1 or 2 ply of coffee filter.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
This is a déjà vu. We have had this same conversation in the past. I will have to try a SSTB, it's too cheap not to. Maybe I can find a way to do my method in Stainless. Maybe I should try a 10 micron. I have them but they seemed very stiff. To be clear inside my tube there are 5x screens.(coarse like smoking screens)
Then the one 25micron clamped on. You used 2 x25micron? Maybe that wax accounts for my high yields. I would like to refine it a bit but not to the extent of winterizing. To me that kills too much flavor.

farscaper

This is a déjà vu. We have had this same conversation in the past. I will have to try a SSTB, it's too cheap not to. Maybe I can find a way to do my method in Stainless. Maybe I should try a 10 micron. I have them but they seemed very stiff. To be clear inside my tube there are 5x screens.(coarse like smoking screens)
Then the one 25micron clamped on. You used 2 x25micron? Maybe that wax accounts for my high yields. I would like to refine it a bit but not to the extent of winterizing. To me that kills too much flavor.
really? cause I had been under the impression you had a glass tube the whole time lol! whoops... I think im time traveling too much these days... going to have to cut back some.

yes that wax will add to weight. I dont reaply like the flavor loss from winterizing either... so I have been trying difftent mechanical filters on the tube... as opposed to freezing and filtering...

farscaper,
Reactions: DieHard

NickDlow

Log Hog
So the result for the garbage Newport butane run are as follows:

13.5g blueberry (my fav) frozen broken packed in glass tube with SS screen on end (not sure of micron but I'd guess 25 or 50)

Frozen garbage Newport tane
After I broke the first nozzle I cuz the second one and used adapter to place in tube.... Tane everywhere!!! (Stopped caring at this point lol)

Anyway the minuscule amount of tane that passed thru the bud produced 2.1g of some golden taffy consistency. 15.5% return first run.

I vac purged (full vac whole time) for a long ass time lol with heat not exceeding 105f (concentrate temp.) Hot plate at 50c or 122f. I'm paranoid with tane. Roughly 24hrs with burping the chamber.
U1Pmjwb.jpg

Those are air bubbles from consolidation fyi

Second run will be KX. No more BHO runs till I get my capital n-tane in. Fuck Newport with their dented cans and garbage plastic tips. Where's the KX at!?!?

NickDlow

Log Hog
Would u guys only get ur ptfe film thru slick sheet? Or are all ptfe films the same no matter who's name? Specifically I'm looking at grainger' ptfe films the have many lengths and thicknesses. What's ur guys take?

Sorry, for double post mods no edit button.

NickDlow,
Reactions: 2clicker
Top Bottom