Concentrate Vape Recommendations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
since I've got all your attention...

(last night my Herbie Elite stopped heating and it is now being prepped for RMA)

ARGH!!! :)

I use a lot of concentrates. I would like something superior to these O2 cartridge pen vapes.
Something smooth and easy on the throat, but also capable of cranking up to 428F for THCv.

Something I can use around the house (in between Herbie rounds when it's back on it's feet),
but also travel with (locally). Chargeable FAT batteries.

anyone wanna weigh in? :)

Some of these 'build your own' units make me feel stupid anymore and I built recording studios and some pretty advanced software. Gives me a headache :(

FireFly2 everything it's cracked up to be?

looney2nz,
Reactions: CarolKing

Baron23

since I've got all your attention...

(last night my Herbie Elite stopped heating and it is now being prepped for RMA)

ARGH!!! :)

I use a lot of concentrates. I would like something superior to these O2 cartridge pen vapes.
Something smooth and easy on the throat, but also capable of cranking up to 428F for THCv.

Something I can use around the house (in between Herbie rounds when it's back on it's feet),
but also travel with (locally). Chargeable FAT batteries.

anyone wanna weigh in? :)

Some of these 'build your own' units make me feel stupid anymore and I built recording studios and some pretty advanced software. Gives me a headache :(

FireFly2 everything it's cracked up to be?
You got a whole $57 to spend on it? :brow:

http://ineedhemp.com/product/divine...izer-w-eleaf-40w-temperature-control-battery/

Bad Ocelot

I'll definitely second the Divine Tribe 2.5-2.7. I think I actually might prefer the 2.5 mouthpiece as I can see when vapor starts to form and there's so much airflow with the 2.7 that if I have crumble, some can get sucked up into the mouthpiece & stuck on the wall with the reclaim. Not an issue with heavier or stickier concentrates though.

Baron23

that sounds like a winner. good for concentrates, yes? How high can the heat go (want to play around w THCv @ 428F). Vapor not hot or harsh?
Its a ceramic atomizer sold with an Eleaf 40w TC box mod. The Eleaf controls the temperature setting, read about it here:

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc40w/

As far as vapor being hot....do you want to vape THCv @ 428 F or do you want cool vapor? See what I'm saying. Read about the Eleaf, it will inform you.

Cheers

looney2nz

Its a ceramic atomizer sold with an Eleaf 40w TC box mod. The Eleaf controls the temperature setting, read about it here:

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-tc40w/

As far as vapor being hot....do you want to vape THCv @ 428 F or do you want cool vapor? See what I'm saying. Read about the Eleaf, it will inform you.

Cheers

I hear ya :) Just hoping either the vape path cooled it a bit or perhaps there's a discrete glass piece.
Saw they have a TC60W and TC100W, looks like you've got that unit, any advantages to bigger units aside from operating time?

How are these DT units in terms of potential leaks, cleaning? I saw one video where they were using high temps to burn off contaminants, ISO doesn't cut it? Will wait awhile longer to see any further comments, but will likely put in the order this morning :)

I'm being distracted by this Hypnos Zero... is this a fit as well?

Last edited:
looney2nz,

Baron23

The Hypnos Zero is beautiful, particularly for lower temp nice cool sipping. I love mine. For 428 F vaping, nope....don't think this pen is your ticket but for low temp sipping, its a real beaut!

The DT and box mod give you all of the flexibility you can possibly get IMO. These kind of box mods pack way more smarts and function than can be fit into a pen. I got the Eleaf 100W TC because the batteries are owner replaceable 18650's. Also, I'm not a box mod expert...I found the Eleaf to be economical and functional, but there may well be others out there you might prefer (but watch out for parsing this up too much...we ain't doing that much...just putting heat on an already fairly volatile substance to boil/sublimate it way). Gto to do your research

They make an adapter to mate the 2.5 atomizer to glass water tool. I believe you can find little portable bubblers to fit where MP goes also.

They also make a pyrex mouthpiece for the 2.5 as alternate to ceramic MP in case you want to see your vapor/reclaim.

They clean up like any portable concentrate tool....try a hot run upside down to see if you can melt any reclaim out, then qtip and ISO to clean it up.

Cheers

looney2nz

wow, ok, dove into one of the larger DT threads (74 pages)...
They seem to like the VTC Mini as a better temperature controlled mod, and it seems it works well with the DT 2.5 donut. So many small components with so many variables to transmit!
also saw some interesting uses of silicon hoses with glass on these units, so might be able to make up a whip for the hotter temps... whaddyathink?

looney2nz,

looney2nz

yeah! the pieces for my backup vape have arrived.
DT 2.5 donut (shallow and deep bowls, pyrex mouthpiece)
Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini
the big Sony 18350 batteries are charging up.
Somewhere in all these threads, I remember repeatedly seeing 'TC 245'
as the value to plug into the Mini. Anyone done a setup walkthrough already?
only thing I have yet to add is the Arizer medical grade silicone tube as a whip.

looney2nz,

looney2nz

good lord the manual blows :(
I think I'll do some searching...

@Silat I think you recommended this configuration, lil' help? :)
I think I'm pretty close to setup, but between the manual and a twitchy user interface...
I think I got one of the M's configured for 245, I left the others alone.

Well medicated right now, but who knows about later... may try it like it is.

Hah! THAT didn't take long... can't get it to display in F :( But it works nicely on the first BB of fun.

Last edited:
looney2nz,

looney2nz

well, I'm happy to report, I've largely got it figured out.

the final piece was provided by the vendor VapeNW, in how to change to from C to F display.

I'm still operating from the premise that the 245 number for the TCR is correct.

It's very nice. I DID get some of that 'splatter' on the inside of the mouthpiece (shallow bowl), I'll play with the deeper bowl another time. Powerful little bugger, cranked it up to 430F to see what it was like for testing THCv, still very smooth.

You DO have to pulse the fire button to heat the donut up and when it's close to the zone then hit/hold the fire button and pull on it. It has that 10s duration limitation on pulls (controls eCig users nicotine).

Too baked to try and do a walkthrough, but someone should, the manual is awful.

Anyone care to educate me on RTA's and RDA's? I'm quite happy with single session for now, but you never know.

looney2nz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom