Gear Concentrate vape for bedbound medical user?

theduckopera

Hey everyone,

I have a thread going in Ask FC, but since I'm after a concentrate vape specifically I thought I'd try my luck here as well.

I'm a heavy concentrate user but I currently use my Arizer Solo which I kind of jerry-rigged when I had to go from flowers to concentrate. Now it's time to get myself a proper concentrate vape but there are so many options and I am totally at a loss. Here are the things I need from it:

1) EASY TO USE. I'm gonna be using this when I'm in intense pain or having cognitive difficulties so it needs to be pretty plug and play. Also, I'm nearly always gonna be using it in bed so it can't be too messy.
2) Easy to clean. If it's much harder to clean than the Solo, I'm gonna have problems.
3) Portable. It doesn't have to leave my house, but I need to be able to carry it around as I do stuff.
4) Efficient with material as I am often quite literally stoned 24/7 for medical reasons and that gets expensive
5) Temperature control would be nice.
6) Good battery life/ability to use while plugged in would also be nice.

So far I've checked out the Prism+ and Source Orb, but people have told me I'll have problems cleaning them. Now I'm looking at vapes with titanium bucket atomizers like the Saionara and Source Nail XL, but I can't tell if they'll meet my other needs.

Any suggestions you have would be seriously appreciated--whether for specific vapes or just more general guidance on what kind of thing to look for. I'm not well enough to research much and there's so many options it's overwhelming. Thank you in advance!

Monsoon

Might be outside your budget but the Puffco Peak is be a good choice especially for around the house. Haven't tried one personally yet but I've got a buddy with one who raves about it and uses it exclusively for his dabs.

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
duckopera, for your use, and priorities, I would say there are 2 general classes of portable concentrate vapes you should look into. Maybe you'll like both types, using them alternatively:

"load as you go" pen atomizer and "tank" atomizers

Both CAN be easy to use (although can also be problematic, have some maintenance and learning, but also can be very potent & effective, you should be able to deal with it hopefully)

Like the saionara, divine tribe, source orb, w9 triton, these atomizers let you load a relatively small amount for a few puffs on an open coil, ceramic donut, or quartz or metal dish. The flavor, harshness and ease of cleaning varies depending on what type. If you like using all types of concentrates like live resin, shatter, rosin, distillate, co2, these can ALL be used on a "LAYG" And most all of these kind of atomizer can run in temp control! (a very good idea)

Battery life will depend entirely on which type you use, and what battery you get. You'll have to get into temp control mods, another thing to look into. Since you'll be more at home and bedside, you can get a massive mod with 2, 3, 4 or larger sized batteries for a mod bigger than your fist if you don't mind the extra heft in exchange for not having to charge batteries for days or weeks.

The second main type for you would be tanks, or carts, or pens as some may say. Generally, I'm not a fan of what's out there, as these tend to be alot cheaper, lesser quality, they leak, and generally work poorly. I'm referring mostly to "pre-filled" tanks of the type you'd buy at the club or dispensary. Sometimes they even cut them with glycerins or MCT, which I would strongly avoid as a medical user.

As 90% of people use them on little un-regulated pen batteries, there is no temp regulation, and the coils can reach glowing, combustion level temps easily. People do multi volt modes, preheats, time the button press, etc, but it's a poor imitation of the real TC you get on box mods.

Tanks or carts are only for distillate or co2 mostly, so forget these if you love straight live resin only! But the obvious advantage on tanks is their high capacity, so you can get at least a couple hundred or so puffs from a 0.5 or 1 gram tank, without having to do anything in between puffs, just keep on using it. Unlike LAYG, which you must reload (and clean) after every small load of several puffs.

There are some tanks that let you run in temp control, which is a massive plus, highly recommended. Vaporesso makes the veco & drizzle tank, which are larger 2ml, have ceramic coils that can TC, adjustable air, fairly leak proof, and you can change coils without draining the tank.

For smaller tanks, the itsuwa liberty V-series of 0.5 & 1ml tanks have coils that are 1.2-1.3 ohm, which lets you run in temp control on some mods! The v9 is pretty popular & easy to use.

There's the trinity tank for sub-ohm temp control also, but it always leaks & spits so it's not even worth the mention.

I see alot of people complaining about their V9's sucking up oil so fast, but they are running on plain little pen batteries. I run mine on the oddly mismatched evic basic mod in TC mode, and I can get hundreds of sizable puffs between fills, although it's not very satisfying to me, because I've spoiled myself with more potent tanks.

The ultimate tank is to make your own. I don't really like the mediocre-metallic flavor and porous ceramic on ccells, so I make my own RBAs with ceramic donuts. The flavor, smoothness, and cloud production is amazing, blowing away smaller tanks or the veco. Super easy to use too, the best bedside vape. You can fall asleep with it at your side and it won't leak or have any problem. Too bad it's not user-friendly to make. Some established company needs to downsize the components and features of a build like this and mass-produce it for the general public. But I have helped a few medical, disabled people set up these tanks too, and they seem to be very happy with them!

WT2cEpOt_o.jpg

uPE1Da1Y_o.jpg

Sometimes I give people more to read than they want, hope this all helps more than it confuses :\

Might be outside your budget but the Puffco Peak is be a good choice especially for around the house. Haven't tried one personally yet but I've got a buddy with one who raves about it and uses it exclusively for his dabs.

The puffco peak looks pretty sick I must say, but with the glass bubbler, I'm not sure if I would consider it a good "bedside" vape. Like you would at least want to be sitting up straight to use it, not laying down as much, I would think? And if it gets dropped or layed on it's side, that can be an issue with the water going where it shouldn't or stuff breaking right?

If duckopera can handle a larger unit with glass, maybe the puffco is a good choice too? It's mostly a glorified, up-sized version of wax-pen with a bucket and a TC mod, with a mandatory, proprietary glass.

I would like it alot more if it had an 18mm male or female glass connection, even a 14. If it didn't cost so much or my vape budget was unlimited, I would have it, easy. But when I have so many TC mods with LAYG attys that I can all easily hook up to my dab rigs already, I don't see what much I'll gain besides a little cuteness.

Last edited:

Gazaam

I make my own RBAs with ceramic donuts. The flavor, smoothness, and cloud production is amazing, blowing away smaller tanks or the veco. Super easy to use too, the best bedside vape.

Sounds great. Do you have any construction drawings for it? I suspect it would not be hard to make one of these. Thank you!

Gazaam,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would highly suggest an e-nail like a D-Nail SiC Halo + a small water pipe for your bedside. It covers all of that ground other than being portable. Since you're in CA you can just use oil cartridges for a cordless solution around the house. That's what I would suggest. IMO nothing is easier to use, more efficient, or easier to clean. Most of those small load as you go pens do not have the medicating potential of a proper e-nail setup.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I would highly suggest an e-nail like a D-Nail SiC Halo + a small water pipe for your bedside. It covers all of that ground other than being portable. Since you're in CA you can just use oil cartridges for a cordless solution around the house. That's what I would suggest. IMO nothing is easier to use, more efficient, or easier to clean. Most of those small load as you go pens do not have the medicating potential of a proper e-nail setup.

have they improved these damn pens? last time I tried one it was incredibly hot harsh and unpleasant.
I trust those little pen cells far less than 18650's.
While the cartridges are ubiquitous, the quality is not, and I don't look forward to the crush of disposed cartridges in our landfills.

I'd go with a BoxMod (controller electronics and battery, I think an eLeaf Invoke 220W should handle almost anything you want to throw at it and has 2 18650 batteries for longer life, more current) with a Divine Tribe v3 10mm donut under temp control... if the patient has issues with respiratory irritation, set it up to hook into some bubbler glass (but keep the glass CLEAN), IF you can deal with it being a session vape.
Otherwise I'd look at the Smok XBaby 'Baby Beast Brother' tank assembly w/atomizers... preferably with a custom DT atomizer build by @Vape Donkey 650
(if you can get him to look up from experimenting!) :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
have they improved these damn pens? last time I tried one it was incredibly hot harsh and unpleasant.
I trust those little pen cells far less than 18650's.
While the cartridges are ubiquitous, the quality is not, and I don't look forward to the crush of disposed cartridges in our landfills.

The waste of prefilled cartridges is something that is mentioned a lot lately but to be honest all of these cannabis products are being packaged in something that will turn into trash. Is a cartridge that much worse than all these flower jars, oil syringes, and edible containers? IDK.

Yes some of these pens are as good, if not better than an e-nail hit. Most are still pretty womp, but a few innovative brands have cartridges floating around that are absolute game changers.

The last cartridge I tried was so tasty, smooth, and enjoyable I didn't want to hit anything else - the exact opposite of your last experience! I've been running them on a box mod and getting much more power control out of them then the small stick batteries.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back

florduh

If you're in Cali and want something simple, you'll be hard pressed to find something easier than a good pre-filled cartridge.

A load as you got atomizer like the Saionara or Triton allows you to use any kind of concentrate around the house (or out), but there will be more settings to mess with an possible points of failure.

Here are a few brands that test clean and are potent.

Select Elite
Brite Labs
Pure
Beezle
Kurvana
Rove- (these sometime require a hair dryer or lighter to get the super thick oil moving)

Grab a battery like the eVic Basic, keep the wattage low, and you're good to go.

Out of the load as you go vapes, there's nothing easier than the Saionara Top Airflow with Titanium bucket. There are more settings to deal with, but I haven't messed with any of them in the last 9 months and it still hits like a champ. Cleaning couldn't be easier... just q-tip it out when warm. Or add a little water and boil the shit out.

Last edited:

looney2nz

The waste of prefilled cartridges is something that is mentioned a lot lately but to be honest all of these cannabis products are being packaged in something that will turn into trash. Is a cartridge that much worse than all these flower jars, oil syringes, and edible containers? IDK.

Yes some of these pens are as good, if not better than an e-nail hit. Most are still pretty womp, but a few innovative brands have cartridges floating around that are absolute game changers.

The last cartridge I tried was so tasty, smooth, and enjoyable I didn't want to hit anything else - the exact opposite of your last experience! I've been running them on a box mod and getting much more power control out of them then the small stick batteries.

what adapter do you use to run them on say an eLeaf Invoke 220W or Joyetech VTwo Mini?
Can you run TCR?

You know the experience I was talking about tho... it was pretty legendary there for awhile.

as for the trash... yeah, all the packaging, CA didn't think this through very well.
they should have at least made it biodegradable packaging.
better yet, it should have been made out of industrial hemp product!

(oooo! post 555, anyone have a timer around?) :)

florduh

as for the trash... yeah, all the packaging, CA didn't think this through very well.
they should have at least made it biodegradable packaging.
better yet, it should have been made out of industrial hemp product!

I don't disagree about the waste of pre-filled carts or cannabis products in general. But this is all a small drop in the bucket compared to the waste our society produces in general. The cannabis market isn't that big. Especially compared to something like the fast food market.

Something we just don't grok as a society is that the shit we throw away doesn't "disappear". That sweater your mom bought you in the 4th grade is at the bottom of the ocean choking some dolphin.

I agree that it would be nice if the cannabis industry would lead the way on being environmentally aware. But even if every cannabis container and cartridge was completely biodegradable, we'd still be choking the whole planet with trash.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
what adapter do you use to run them on say an eLeaf Invoke 220W or Joyetech VTwo Mini?
Can you run TCR?

These carts are all standard 510 threading. I haven't been able to get a good TC profile out of the CCell carts yet ( IIRC the resistance is supposed to be under 1.5 ohms for TC) but I've been using a power ramping profile I made in Arctic Fox on an Evic Basic and its worked really well!

I think with really good oil the hits are as good as any load as you go atomizer but with none of the loading, reclaim, or waste. Beezle's distillate flavored with live resin sauce is the best I've tried, I'm dying to try Blue River's rosin sauce pods though.

FWIW I recently made cannacapsules with rosin and organic coconut oil and they do stuff for pain that vaping doesn't. If the OP is still reading this, I highly recommend giving those a go.

Baron23

Hey everyone,

I have a thread going in Ask FC, but since I'm after a concentrate vape specifically I thought I'd try my luck here as well.

I'm a heavy concentrate user but I currently use my Arizer Solo which I kind of jerry-rigged when I had to go from flowers to concentrate. Now it's time to get myself a proper concentrate vape but there are so many options and I am totally at a loss. Here are the things I need from it:

1) EASY TO USE. I'm gonna be using this when I'm in intense pain or having cognitive difficulties so it needs to be pretty plug and play. Also, I'm nearly always gonna be using it in bed so it can't be too messy.
2) Easy to clean. If it's much harder to clean than the Solo, I'm gonna have problems.
3) Portable. It doesn't have to leave my house, but I need to be able to carry it around as I do stuff.
4) Efficient with material as I am often quite literally stoned 24/7 for medical reasons and that gets expensive
5) Temperature control would be nice.
6) Good battery life/ability to use while plugged in would also be nice.

So far I've checked out the Prism+ and Source Orb, but people have told me I'll have problems cleaning them. Now I'm looking at vapes with titanium bucket atomizers like the Saionara and Source Nail XL, but I can't tell if they'll meet my other needs.

Any suggestions you have would be seriously appreciated--whether for specific vapes or just more general guidance on what kind of thing to look for. I'm not well enough to research much and there's so many options it's overwhelming. Thank you in advance!
Given you requirements, if you live in a legal state then a good quality concentrate cartridge and box mod would the way to go, IMO.

florduh

Given you requirements, if you live in a legal state then a good quality concentrate cartridge and box mod would the way to go, IMO.

I think this is the best answer. I think the people who poo-poo pre-filled cartridges (not here necessarily but in the wider cannabis community)... just haven't tried them lately.

With extractors using clean potent oil, and quality cCell carts... you can get dab like hits with the touch of a button. No waste, and no fucking around.

The only disadvantage is cost. Buying straight quality concentrate usually costs about half as much as buying the carts. So I use the Sai bucket and bubbler at home with rosin/shatter/sauce. And Brite Lab or Select Elite carts while out and about.

And my entire Cannabis Setup can fit in a small laptop bag, and takes up about 10% of the space.

And in the future, it will be even more compact. As soon as I can reliably source HTFSE in a variety of strains, I'll just flavor up distillate on my own and load up carts and tanks. Then I can start buying a normal human quantity of Q-tips.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As soon as I can reliably source HTFSE in a variety of strains, I'll just flavor up distillate on my own and load up carts and tanks. Then I can start buying a normal human quantity of Q-tips.

:wave: :clap:

I totally agree that this is the future and I truly predict dab rigs to go nearly obsolete as they will be deemed too wasteful and inconvenient compared to these sauce pens. A few favorite flavors in the palm of your hand, within the next year or so here in California I'm thinking it will be a shoe-in.

BTW I also like the Brite Labs quite a bit and with the OP being in SF they are surely available, worth checking into for sure. I dab all day long and those things are stoney!! The Ccell hits like a truck IMO! Really want to try their Forbidden Fruit, the sour diesel is killer :p

florduh

I totally agree that this is the future and I truly predict dab rigs to go nearly obsolete as they will be deemed too wasteful and inconvenient compared to these sauce pens. A few favorite flavors in the palm of your hand, within the next year or so here in California I'm thinking it will be a shoe-in.

BTW I also like the Brite Labs quite a bit and with the OP being in SF they are surely available, worth checking into for sure. I dab all day long and those things are stoney!! The Ccell hits like a truck IMO! Really want to try their Forbidden Fruit, the sour diesel is killer :p

In San Francisco, Beezle is also pretty widely available.

The Sour Diesel from Brite Labs is the only one I've tried, but you're right... it's fantastic. I'm really glad that carts marketed towards connoisseurs are becoming more widely available.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I think this is the best answer. I think the people who poo-poo pre-filled cartridges (not here necessarily but in the wider cannabis community)... just haven't tried them lately.

With extractors using clean potent oil, and quality cCell carts... you can get dab like hits with the touch of a button. No waste, and no fucking around.

The only disadvantage is cost. Buying straight quality concentrate usually costs about half as much as buying the carts. So I use the Sai bucket and bubbler at home with rosin/shatter/sauce. And Brite Lab or Select Elite carts while out and about.

And my entire Cannabis Setup can fit in a small laptop bag, and takes up about 10% of the space.

And in the future, it will be even more compact. As soon as I can reliably source HTFSE in a variety of strains, I'll just flavor up distillate on my own and load up carts and tanks. Then I can start buying a normal human quantity of Q-tips.

I switched to rolled up paper towel, soaks up the hot distilled water,
better, cleans quartz glass faster cheap quick 20 wipes to a sheet lol

tennisguru1,
Reactions: florduh

Vape Donkey 650

An e-nail? Remember, the OP wants to use this for "bedbound use" and will be using it during "intense pain and cognitive difficulties" If by bedbound, we mean really sitting / laying in bed, I don't think an e-nail is very safe or practical. Having a big metal slug heated above 500F and being connected with electrical cords for someone that's stuck in bed with pain and cognitive difficulties sounds like a recipe for accidents and injures. Now if duckopera has a helper / caregiver that can assist in in dabbing in bed, I think that could be good. Or if you can at least get up, walk, be ambulatory, and at least sit or stand at a table or vape station, then sure, e-nail away. For sure, a well-tuned e-nail is the best way to consume large amounts of concentrate in a short time, with fewer actions. But it doesn't seem safe to me in bed, unattended, though, so I would really stick with tank & LAYGs for being strictly in bed. :2c:

Also, duckopera hasn't even been around lately, it seems, to soak up all this advice & info now, so this could be a moot point! :( Hopefully she's doing ok and will come back to try and digest all this later, or it could be helpful to others in a similar situation who may read this thread. :shrug:

If you're in Cali and want something simple, you'll be hard pressed to find something easier than a good pre-filled cartridge.

A load as you got atomizer like the Saionara or Triton allows you to use any kind of concentrate around the house (or out), but there will be more settings to mess with an possible points of failure.

Grab a battery like the eVic Basic, keep the wattage low, and you're good to go.

Out of the load as you go vapes, there's nothing easier than the Saionara Top Airflow with Titanium bucket. There are more settings to deal with, but I haven't messed with any of them in the last 9 months and it still hits like a champ. Cleaning couldn't be easier... just q-tip it out when warm. Or add a little water and boil the shit out.

Evic basic is a great pick for a portable battery. Maybe for "bedbound" use a larger mod would be ok, since size may not be a factor as much? But if this will be for a small, above-ohm tank, for example, even the "little" 1500mah basic battery can go pretty far. Less far for the sai, DT, etc. I got a new evic basic to replace one I sold to a friend and they're harder to find (colors?) but still available. And then you even get the ability to TC certain small <1.5 ohm tanks, but even just used judiciously in watts mode, that's much better than a pen battery.

Well, I guess I'm one of those guys who 'poo-poos' pre-filled carts, I think I'm much more picky and demanding with my vapes in certain ways, but I do try to sample them from time to time to see whats up. Kind of like how al3x j0nes "samples marijuana" annually to personally monitor it's changing potency right? :lol: I don't like whiskey or tequila but occasionally I partake when offered, just to renew my confirmation that I indeed, do not like these drinks. When I try them again, I still don't like how they taste. :shrug:

@florduh and @invertedisdead, I think you guys (and me too) should recognize that we are putting a much greater degree of thought, research, effort and 'good practice' into our vape tank setups. Just by the simple fact that you're running a tank on watts mode on a mod, power/pre-heat curves, or filling devices like the nexus puts you leagues ahead of the typical vape tank owner, who doesn't know wtf they're doing, not technical, and the only point-of-reference or benchmark they have to compare against is probably a combusting joint, so the bar is pretty low for many pre-filled vape tank buyers.

To further my point with an anecdote, I was having a session with a combusting friend of mine who vapes a little, I never got to "turn him" into vaping completely, but he gave up smoking cigs (all by himself, no e-cigs even!) so I give him credit for that at least. But he "finally" let himself get a vape pen after not having one for like 10 years, (remember the real shitty 'pre-first gen' oil carts?) even though I've been offering to make a donut tank for him for a while.

He said he got a temp control battery :lol: but I already know exactly what he meant, as he proceeds to pull out a 6-inch long variable voltage e-go style battery with what appears to be a 1g heavy hitters distillate cart on top. :\ I explain to him how that's not exactly temp control, and he didn't even know it had a voltage control wheel on the bottom.

But he demonstrates for me a ~20-second long puff, clicking the button a couple times, holds it in for several seconds (less vapor exhaled then) and releases a meager, wispy, cloud. Ok.

I give him a break to catch his breath, then pass him my orange Vtwo mini with a triple 7mm donut cubis mini tank I just set up for myself a few weeks ago, with some "bakked" brand durban poison co2, (yum:p) about 80% thc, set at 376F w/PI control, with my tank he needs only 8 seconds (yes puff counter confirmed, ty AF!) to fully fill up his chest. He still holds it in for like 5 seconds (forcible habit I guess) and exhales still a sizeable cloud. 'Oh wow yours tastes much better' he says :D

I already had a few warm-up puffs on my tank before he had tried mine, now it's my turn to try his little vape pen. I put it up to my lips and dry-puff first just to test :o I'm glad I didn't just fire it right away, his 'stick' tasted a roach pulled straight from the ash tray, not even firing the button! :puke: ugh so gross, I don't need to fire that up and punish myself to prove something. Shit like that can flare my asthma potential. His tank probably didn't start that bad but ended up that way from standardly poor, abusive, vape pen battery discharging habits.

I've tried my friends random vape pens that they pass to me to sample at times out of curiosity, but usually I pass. If it's screwed into a mod, I may try, and I've actually tasted some pretty good pre-filled distillates when they keep it at <5w and don't do those 15 second puffs. Nearly everything powered by an unregulated battery ends up tasting like carbon pretty soon to me, the way my friends use them.

So basically, I do believe you guys that some companies have improved their "cart" designs. I'm seeing top-air, v9 type tanks in stores sometimes, and I know the quality of the oil has gotten much better too, at least at licensed stores. Hardly any thinners anymore, PG/VG, MCT, etc, and non-canna terps are not used as much as a couple years ago. But my general point is that even with the best stuff like beezle sauce carts, with any tank, even an RBA, if you overheat it, it turns to crap, and with the gear that 90% of people have, and the way they are using it, the general public is vaping oil tanks pretty poorly still, and the gear that the market is pushing on them (batteries mostly) isn't helping! :D :myday:

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

> 10k letters = 2 post !

Talking strictly distillate and co2 oil, you get a nice bonus saving maybe 10-20 bucks or more for your gram of concentrate being in a syringe or applicator versus having it filled in a tank or pod you're practically forced to vape it out of.

The downside, is it's actually not that easy to source good co2 & distillate oil that's in a syringe or applicator, right now at least in our state. For distillate and co2, at least 90% of what's put out into the market is instantly filled into a tank by the producer, they figure that's what people want to buy. The people are buying it. Guys like me are searching & scrounging for the leftovers, a more limited selection of strains from most extract companies, if they even offer syringes or applicators at all. (many don't) I do my searching & due diligence to keep my stockpiles steady. :sherlock:

If you're talking concentrates of all types, the prices and quality are all over the place in a state like ours, and you don't always get what you pay for, quality wise, but at least the variety of strains, types, producers is good and improving, so I would certainly agree that laygs should be considered as good "bedside vapes" even if they take a little more effort to use than tanks, it opens you up to a wider world of concentrate types.

We don't have to always be so snobbish with our preference for sauce. :p Even a nice glob of clean, dusty dry crumbles with ~3% of it's own terps, dropped on the bottom of a sai Ti bucket or QQ can be very medicating and effective! :nod:

Yes! Come join me in saucing it up! :D Hopefully that colorado-level availability of them terps will eventually come to our state, and eventually down south too. ;)

It would be nice if I could use a "normal human quantity" of q-tips too haha :D but they only cost less than :2c: for a pair of swabs in bulk, and they're biodegradable in the landfill, unlike millions of metal pre-filled tanks. My glass syringes may take thousands of years to break down in the landfill, but it's a little less than a 1g or .5g tank. :shrug: My plastic jetty applicators will exist for millennia in the ground.

It seems we want to downplay the factor of waste in tanks here because yes, our western lifesytles are inherently waste-producing. But I'm starting to see a few quarter gram 0.25g disposable pens now - honeyvape? :rolleyes: Can we agree this is getting too small for a pre-filled amount now?

Even though I have a couple of htfse tanks in my mix now, I still like using my donuts, quartz, a little shatter and co2, etc on the layg (more when connected to a glass rig) so I don't see myself going 100% tank anytime soon. But tanks have become a growing obsession and portion of my vape life. They could make a great "single vape solution" (or have a few :D) for non-vape gear obsessed people.

I have a gluttonous variety of strains, concentrate types, mixes, etc., filled on different kinds of tank-atomizer builds sitting before me on my desk. Different ones for different occasions / tastes. But my tank setups are still a bit larger than your guys; not prohibitively so, still travel-friendly, but lugging a few more grams - oz's in my pocket. There's a certain point of diminishing returns, size / performance-wise with tanks. And like I implied above, I'm sort of a concentrate-vape-tank maniac it seems :science:

Sounds great. Do you have any construction drawings for it? I suspect it would not be hard to make one of these. Thank you!

I don't have any drawings, but I have made many posts in this thread detailing basic instructions on how to put these together, with some pics. Unfortunately, with imgur, you can't easily view the pics unless you quote them, or use a plug-in on your browser, or tweak a setting, but on some of the more recent smok RBA builds I have pics up.

If you're familiar with the basics of coil / RBA building, even if you just rebuild a simple DTV3 atty, it shouldn't be too difficult to tackle. It is a bit cramped and meticulous building these tank ceramic donut / rod RBAs, but I've helped a couple guys build these for themselves successfully, one was even a complete coil-building newb, and he hit a home run with quad 7mm donuts, first time! :rockon::clap:

Feel free to hit me with some questions if you have em. Then you'll have the '1st world problem' of having a sweet custom vape but a more limited oil supply to feed it unless you drain-pre-filled tanks empty :lol: Or maybe you're sitting on a big mason jar of distillate already, lucky you :luv:

(if you can get him to look up from experimenting!) :)

huh? What now? :D

How you doing man? Keep them tanks & brownie trays stocked, and chemo numbers in the right range? :whip:(fight, fight)

I'm overdue on some rounds of tank maintenance myself, a few can use a re-fill, and I want to build for myself a new quad-7mm donut smok RBA for indica dominant co2 (bedside vape:zzz:) to replace this dual 10mm donut RBA tank that I've grown tired of

Last edited:

theduckopera

Hey guys! I've been too sick to keep caught up on this thread but wanted to pop in just to say thank you SO MUCH your effort is deeply appreciated and I'll be back as soon as I'm well enough to read through everything! <3

theduckopera,

theduckopera

I won't reply to anyone in particular cause it looks like the convo took off and IDK where to jump in, but: I already do use pre-filled oil cartridges a whole lot with a basic little 510 battery but it just doesn't cut it for me when I'm in serious pain. They just don't seem to have the same effect on me that concentrates off a vape do. So yes, they're great as my backup, but I need something more serious as well. Whether that means maybe just changing the battery to something better, I'm not sure. But I'd like to not be relying only on cartridges if I can.

looney2nz

I won't reply to anyone in particular cause it looks like the convo took off and IDK where to jump in, but: I already do use pre-filled oil cartridges a whole lot with a basic little 510 battery but it just doesn't cut it for me when I'm in serious pain. They just don't seem to have the same effect on me that concentrates off a vape do. So yes, they're great as my backup, but I need something more serious as well. Whether that means maybe just changing the battery to something better, I'm not sure. But I'd like to not be relying only on cartridges if I can.

@theduckopera if you have sufficient hand strength, the eLeaf Invoke is a great platform (BoxMod) to build from, it holds two 18650 batteries if you have a more power hungry application (like some session or tank atomizers) or just for LONG use-time on a cart (hopefully with TCR or PID applied to it).

I know a number of folks here like some of the smaller Joyetech Vapes like the VTwo Mini (I have 2 of those), the have some smaller ones like the Pico too, but limitations on battery life, charging speed.

Take a look at the dimensions and weight on these and see if that would be suitable, THEN you can figure out what to put on top of it (atomizers). Oh and beware of faux products, I would stay away from eBay... I know there are lists of vendors here on FC... I've even ordered from the factory in China :)

Carts are 'no muss no fuss' (at least in theory), but good lord are they pricey.

A session atomizer... @Vape Donkey 650 , I dunno, would any of the newer or upcoming DT atomizers qualify as 'easy to clean'? the v3 (or 3.5, 4?) should work, and most of the cleanup can be handled by wiping down the reclaim with an organic q-tip... but they do require periodic breakdown and cleaning with ISO. The QQ gets WAY too hot for anyone with compromised dexterity and/or cognitive issues, so I'd nix that. One of your tanks would probably be ideal, but they'd have to keep it (well, not OVERFILLED) full of quality concentrate.

Vape Donkey 650

Duckie, nice to see you feeling good enough at least to get up to the keyboard.

Sorry for the tangents, side-busting and cross talk. Guys like me, floriduh, inverted can be quite passionate about our tanks.

So you will be the one to say : can you use an enail in bed? Do you know how to use one, are u familiar? If so maybe u can pull it off, bedside. Or you can have a little dab station in a corner table for when youre feeling better to get up and be around.

And you do use little tanks but youre not satisfied with them. Well you're not alone there. When i use my little v9s in tc mode, i find the vapor quality adequate but the volume insufficient. Big puffs off the small tanks only put up about 1, 1.5mg per puff if you manage the temps right. With the bigger tanks, smooth, tasty 4 or 5mg puffs are attainable. Thats the kind of tank experience i like.

So maybe you should be looking st a vaporesso veco or drizzle tank with a tc mod...or..sigh..a custom rba? :\

Have you tried any load as you go atomizers? Maybe an hvt sai
or some bucket atty can be good for you. Just drop in a quarter g, you can have temp control, and just puff on that till you need a refill, and its ez to clean

Last edited:

florduh

@theduckopera Have you tried Beezle Extracts carts? They look like they're available in much of NorCal. @invertedisdead is a seasoned e-nail user and says he gets near equivalent hits from their carts. Based on how they are made, you wouldn't be missing out on much using their carts, and paired with a good small mod like the Evic Basic, you can't get an easier setup.

If you are set on getting something you can use with straight shatter/budder/rosin I would suggest the Top Airflow Saionara. There are competing products, but there isn't anything easier to use than than Sai. There are quartz buckets coming out that might be better for a medical user. Keep in mind though, this will be higher maintenance than a cart.

@Vape Donkey 650 I agree with much of what you wrote. But I still am a supporter of the current roster of pre-fills. If I could get a wide variety of QUALITY oil syringes around me, I'd never buy carts. I'd just keep huffing on my Drizzle or Nexus.

But here in SoCal... I just don't have that luxury. I simply cannot recreate a cartridge/tank that is better than what cart makers like Beezle, Rove, Brite Farms, or Kurvana offer. I wish each of those extractors offered their oil in a syringe. But they don't.

Or, even better.... I wish SoCal dispensaries offered HTFSE for sale. I can easily source distillate. I already have the e-cig equipment to load up tanks with various strains. I'd be set.

As it stands here, the only decent syringe I'm able to find is "Pure" which offers good, thick Co2 oil. I like it. But I can only find it in 3 strains. I have no idea if this is scientifically valid... but I credit my never needing to take a tolerance break with switching up strains constantly. I just can't do that with the syringes available in my area. But I look forward to the day when that's possible.

Since Denver seems to be where where the action is, I want to take a vaca there with a couple of empty Drizzles....:lol:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I know an e-nail sounds a little intimidating but even my mother has one at her bedside so I know it works for people in that situation who need pain relief. Although I would honestly suggest eating your cannabis for chronic pain. A silicon carbide e-nail setup by NewVape or D-Nail would be my suggestion. Rock solid reliable, durable, simple, easy to clean, and can handle as much concentrate as you can throw at it. No batteries to die, it just works when you need it to. It's not cordless but it's portable enough that I move mine from room to room.

IMO medical patients need to consider this entire palette of tools, it would be worth adding a solid load as you go atomizer setup to the toolbox as well. And you really can't go wrong with a great desktop vaporizer.

But here in SoCal... I just don't have that luxury. I simply cannot recreate a cartridge/tank that is better than what cart makers like Beezle, Rove, Brite Farms, or Kurvana offer. I wish each of those extractors offered their oil in a syringe. But they don't.

Or, even better.... I wish SoCal dispensaries offered HTFSE for sale. I can easily source distillate. I already have the e-cig equipment to load up tanks with various strains. I'd be set.

I can't wait for the day we see refill syringes of those high quality oils; I was talking to my buddy about it but with the price and quality of distillate in CA I'm not sure I could make a cart any cheaper than Beezle is selling them for. We seem to pay a huge premium for distillate compared to other states. Plus with all the dirty oil floating around its almost worth the premium knowing the distillate came from Beezles organic estate grow instead of being full of CAT1/2 pesticides. I definitely feel those CCELL carts when primed with quality oil are as good as it gets. Eventually I hope to retire my nail setups but I think it will take another year or two.

Last edited:
Top Bottom