Concentrate Usage Amounts Per Vaporizer-whatever method or device

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Do you find that you use more concentrate per session in one vaporizer vs. another? For example, one pen vs. another, or nail vs. a Maud Dib Box, etc.

I'm trying to figure out which method is most efficient and uses the least amount of concentrate. I feel like I was using less concentrate when I was able to use my pens vs. my beta Maud Dib box.

Vicki,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
By far the most efficient way for me to use concentrates is to do pure convection dabs on a log vape.

Basically, I just add a dab of medicine to a small tuft of organic cotton. I then take the loaded cotton wad, put it in a gong then vape away with my E Nano (also works in a dry stem).

Not only does this conserve my concentrate (a small dab will white-wall my largish bubbler quite a few times), but the pure flavor you get has been unmatched by any other method ive used with the exception of the Hercules SR71 cart... however that thing eats oil like nobody's business!

Dafni

+1 for convection dabs with a log! Best way to get concentrates into your system, in terms of both efficiency and flavor.
Agree 100% with Caligula, just never had a chance to test that Hercules cart. If it's an oil eater I will stear clear for sure.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
The herc at 7.4 v is a pig, but at 3.7 it gives great rips and conserves mightily. At 7.4 v I go through .75-1gram per day, at 3.7 I only need .25 or so. When I run into problems with my herc 3.7 I am furious because every other vape I own seems to take so much more oil to get me where I need to be. I know that same amount consumed should roughly equal same amount stoned, but it is just not so.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
I think I use more wax/oil in my beta Maud Dib box than I do with my Dr. Dabber, which seems weird to me. I'm getting an Omicron soon and am anxious to try that.

I think you will notice a big reduction from a dab style vape. The old school carts hold a gram and it lasts because the long cart sublimates. The load as you go carts for the omi can run through oil pretty quick though.

Patrick Hughes,
Reactions: Vicki

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
I use an Ego e-cig battery with the Gentlemen's glass globe.
I get about 10-15 hits from 0.05g.
And it gets me faaaaaaaded.

I have the LSV and a bong but I haven't tried the cotton+wax technique yet.
I'll have to give that a go tonight.

grokit

well-worn member
My only dabbing experience is with sublimate,
through the sublimator apollo and the ssv flavor oil kit.

The flavor oil kit offers more efficiency,
but going back through the apollo is more impactful.

edit: I used hash oil decades ago,
but did not know about dabbing.
We just used an oil (nowadays a crack?) pipe.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks for the responses so far. I will have an Omicron by the end of the week to add to my collection. Then I will have the Omicron, a Dr. Dabber, a beta Maud Dib concentrate box, and a Vapor Brothers Dabbler, and those are just my vaporizers for concentrates. No, I don't have VAS, not at all. I was doing so well up until last year too. :lol:

I'm just trying to figure out of the 4 that I own, which one will be most efficient and least wasteful. :)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
By far the most efficient way for me to use concentrates is to do pure convection dabs on a log vape.
I agree, my UD and Hammer both excel at that, but the Hammer can also do dabs like a nail, I have noticed these to be far more effective than convection, and once you go through two dabs oil on the cotton gets vaped through convection.
I'm not sure how much oil I'm taking with normal usage, its not as much as I did in the video but I can imagine a gram lasting me a month, I feel much more medicated from the nail than with the convection method, but many huge hits are nice.

Top Bottom