Concentrate storage best practices

harmless healing

hey fc. Been a while. Just thought I'd nip in and ask you what you guys all do for concentrate storage. I personally stay in Scotland so it don't get too hot and can get away with just leaving them at room temp (18-25C, average of around 20C probably) in parchment in Tupperware and if it does get to hot and they sap right out I'll pop em in the fridge downstairs for an hour or so to re stabilize. However. I have been considering a mini hash fridge in my room. Would this make much difference in degradation of taste/flavour, Or would I just be keeping a more constant consistency?

Cheers and lemme know how you keep yours

Namaste
Edit: mods feel free to move this to the concentrate thread if needs be. Always struggle with the correct place for stuff here.

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
hey fc. Been a while. Just thought I'd nip in and ask you what you guys all do for concentrate storage. I personally stay in Scotland so it don't get too hot and can get away with just leaving them at room temp (18-25C, average of around 20C probably) in parchment in Tupperware and if it does get to hot and they sap right out I'll pop em in the fridge downstairs for an hour or so to re stabilize. However. I have been considering a mini hash fridge in my room. Would this make much difference in degradation of taste/flavour, Or would I just be keeping a more constant consistency?

Cheers and lemme know how you keep yours

Namaste
Edit: mods feel free to move this to the concentrate thread if needs be. Always struggle with the correct place for stuff here.
It was recommended to me to keep them at <50F. I bought a mini wine fridge to dedicate to this. The freezer allowed moisture from condensation. Same with the Reg fridge. I have recently noticed on the packaging from Xtractology, it recommends to store at 40F or below. I am having good luck with 55F currently.

Baron23

I can only parrot what Native Roots in CO told me which is "we keep our stock in the freezer and so should you".

Open package, in silicone dab container in the fridge. Still sealed, in the freezer.

I would be interested to hear from others with more direct experience.

Thanks

turk

turk
...doing both...and have for over a year...some in fridge...some in a case....I haven't found any discernible differences...a higher variable is...which company made the product and how...

throwawaytre3s

I never really have more than a gram of wax on me, full stop, but there's a large amount of people that I know that pretty much only use the silicone containers at room temp. Our climate allows for that, too, for the most part I suppose. I know they make large silicone containers as well. They're airtight and completely lightproof, so I imagine they'd hold up just fine, and even if warmed up, it may mess with the consistency some, but not the potency much.

throwawaytre3s,

capcoho

Don't do what I do. Which is to keep it in it's original parchment and ziplock bag stored in my wallet which resides in my back pocket for 12-16 hours a day.

harmless healing

It was recommended to me to keep them at <50F. I bought a mini wine fridge to dedicate to this. The freezer allowed moisture from condensation. Same with the Reg fridge. I have recently noticed on the packaging from Xtractology, it recommends to store at 40F or below. I am having good luck with 55F currently.

Thank you for your detailed response. Thank you all. Could you by chance link the fridge you are using or something similar? as it was moisture I was worried about and they seem pricey so don't want to buy the wrong mini fridge. That's when ya know most folk this you've taken it too far. Hash fridge. They got their beer tho

Thanks in advance

My experience has been storing at room temp in darkness. I use nogoo containers and have a batch of wax for 2 months which qualitatively tastes and works just as well as it always has.

:2c:

Yeah I have noticed this aswel fridge only seems to affect consistency but worried I'm losing a little something. Plus some concentrate I get isn't that stable because of where I stay so a fridge would be nice for the right price if I know it works

Namaste

killick

But I like it!
I've been keeping shatters and such in the dark. I'll be making a lot of oil soon, so this thread is handy and timely! I'm guessing 'below 40' means a freezer should be OK? We have a stand-up one I'm sure I can steal a weenie space for oils if thats a good spot...

killick,

harmless healing

harmless healing,
Reactions: Melting Pot

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
I store 3-5 grams for up to two months at a time in my Buddies super slick ball.

I don't notice any loss of flavor or potency.

I just keep it in my regular fridge for long term storage and have 1/2 gram in a small silicone dish for my daily useage.

I do not have a dedicated fridge just for my concentrates. Should I???? :shrug:

throwawaytre3s

I will say, that putting it in the freezer helps a lot if it's wax that's particularly difficult to manipulate.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: DieHard
Top Bottom