Concentrate press??

MinnBobber

Harbor Freight has a July 4 sale and they have a Central Machinery 20 ton shop press for $149.
Ad says orig $369 (BS) and normally $175.
It looks big/tall.

Would that be a good starting piece for future squishing?
Or will the very small desktop resin machines soon have a high quality rosin model??

I only have access to small quantities so would be doing small loads, at most have 4-7 gms to press.
Thnks

MinnBobber,

mc

It's going to be big and they aren't the best presses. There are a lot of personal size presses but you do pay for portability. Do you want to DIY or do you want a prebuilt? I have a nugsmasher mini myself and love it for small 4-7 amounts. I like to do 2 g max per press to get max yield with lower temps. I do a light prepress with a PVC pipe a clamp and some nickles.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have the harbor freight 20 ton H press and its bulky but works well for me. I have 3x5 caged plates from low-temp with a single controller. I want to start pressing more just because I want to get into directional flow so I am edging my way up towards 7-10 grams. I used to press .5-1.5 grams with a straightener. Started slowly moving up to 4-5 grams which is what most if my presses have been so far. I have not gotten any directional flow results yet but very close with the higher yielding buds at the 4-5 grams per press. Get a pre press also.

shredder

I have the harbor freight 20 ton H press and its bulky but works well for me. I have 3x5 caged plates from low-temp with a single controller. I want to start pressing more just because I want to get into directional flow so I am edging my way up towards 7-10 grams. I used to press .5-1.5 grams with a straightener. Started slowly moving up to 4-5 grams which is what most if my presses have been so far. I have not gotten any directional flow results yet but very close with the higher yielding buds at the 4-5 grams per press. Get a pre press also.

In the same press and plates, (HF press and low temp caged plates) im pressing about 15 grams at a time using a pre press and low temp bags.

But a press session for me is a couple ounces. And this helps several patients, not just me. But like you said, you don't have to press a lot each time.

For the OP. If you have the room, a 20 ton HF press is great. It's 5 ft tall, about a foot in thickness and maybe 25-30 inches wide. And obviously this scales up, if you ever wanted to press more than a few grams.

MinnBobber

@shredder , thanks.
I'd have room in the garage but my wife would probably flip if I got it.
I may have to wait for junior sized rig AND right now I don't have enough bud
to consider pressing but definitely hope to in future!

MinnBobber,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom