1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Concentrate-Atomizer Resin

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by chronickiller7, May 12, 2014.

1. chronickiller7

chronickiller7 Active Member

I've been using my cloud pen with some bho shatter lately and I've noticed that there is a little bho residue left over, around the coil. I scraped it up and put it on the coil and hit it. It tasted alright, but not as good as dabbing the oil or vaping it.

The main thing I noticed was that the high was a lot smoother. Less heady and more of a body high. I liked it a lot, since I'm so used to the head-heavy high that you normally get with dabbing bho. I was thinking this could be due to the fact that the oil was on the coil and heated up a little, and possibly decarboxilated. Wanted to know what you guys think of this.

2. HomeFree

HomeFree Well-Known Member

Save it for if you can't sleep. Your leftovers probably taste a bit bitter, mediciney, and cause sedation and more body heavy than a head high. It's probably more heavier cannabinoids and terpenes left, perhaps some THC has been degraded over use, and there is a member here (I think) who states that decarbed oil is indeed more of a body high, although I'm unsure why exactly there would be any difference, unless some of the THC had been degraded into CBN during the decarboxylation process the person uses to turn QWISO into RSO.

I'm sure someone will come along with a better answer for you. I save my bitter leftover stuff for nights I can't sleep. It works great.

3. 215z

215z Well-Known Member

Fractional Distillation

The lightest molecules vaporize first, the heaviest molecules vaporize last.

Terpenes (flavor) first
    THC (head high) next
    CBD (body high) afterwards
    tars last.

(i'm oversimplifying it a little)

4. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

Bingo

5. chronickiller7

Cool! I might actually start scraping this oil and collecting it in a separate oil container. Would I get the same effects if I were to dab this "atomizer reclaim" through an oil rig?

DieHard likes this.
  6. DabComa

DabComa Stuck in Dab Coma

Absolutely!

7. chronickiller7

Nice. Would decarbing bho when I make it, make it more cbn/cbd rich? Or less thc? I'd like to be able to make my oil closer to the same cbd/cbn/thc ratio as the flower. Make it more of a body high than head.

8. 215z

215z Well-Known Member

It is cheaper, tastier, and easier to start with oil made from cbd-rich flowers[​IMG]

chronickiller7 likes this.
  9. chronickiller7

Man I can't wait til I have access to medical grade products haha. Unfortunately I get what I can and make the best of it. So how can I make a more Cbd/cbn rich bho/ oil?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors