Gear Concentrate accessory questions (Ti, SS, Nails, Dabbers)

SD_haze

yea, and the ebay one says it fits both sizes.
at 9 dollars i grabbed one. will report back
Ah yeah that was the other similarity I forgot to mention.
The $60 Vigil Quartz also says it fits 14 and 18.

What I didn't notice was the OTHER domeless VIGIL quartz nail.
Instead of a path down the middle it has 4 slits on the outter rim. Just like the DG quartz nail.
I think this design is better than a hollow tube in the middle, what about you?
VIGILDomelessDISlits-2.jpg

VIGILDomelessDISlits-5.jpg

$65

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Ah yeah that was the other similarity I forgot to mention.
The $60 Vigil Quartz also says it fits 14 and 18.

What I didn't notice was the OTHER domeless VIGIL quartz nail.
Instead of a path down the middle it has 4 slits on the outter rim. Just like the DG quartz nail.
I think this design is better than a hollow tube in the middle, what about you?

Just looking at it, I would think, that with a more consistent mass now that it lacks the centrally located air tube it would give you more even heating of the quartz. Which should make it vape more evenly by providing better temperature consistency with that design.

Puffers,

z9

Here's the website for mariposas physical shop: http://smokegrindroll.com/
They actually have some decent worked domes and other stuff. I don't know about their "educated titanium nails" lol

My domeless quartz nail shipped today, so I should have it later this week. They sent me some freebies last time, they sent me the worst matches I've ever used along with some other various things. Maybe a smoke, grind, roll sticker or something. I wonder what I'll get this time.

z9

I just got my mariposas domeless nail, one day earlier than expected. Its larger than I thought it'd be, it whistles on my joint because it doesn't seal perfectly. Its a little restrictive, I haven't used a domeless nail before to compare it to. I did one dab out of it and didn't lose any vaporl the flavor was good for unseasoned quartz. I'm really picking it apart though... it is a $9.00 nail. Here's some pictures.
RGuERN5.jpg

wOwET1G.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
feel the same way, def. whistle, a little large. my whistle comes from sucking down the center, tho. seal is fine. barely fit in one of my 14mm, not in my other.
heats well, hits well. for 9 bucks, i'm damn impressed. shoulda gotten 2

z9

feel the same way, def. whistle, a little large. barely fit in one of my 14mm, not in my other.
heats well, hits well. for 9 bucks, i'm damn impressed. shoulda gotten 2

Yeah I would recommend this nail to anyone. It fits into my 14mm joint with some room to spare, but its definitely a tight fit. I wish I had gotten 2 as well.

z9,

farscaper

I was just checking his stuff out on ebay. I will prolly pick up a few things from him... Cant beat the prices!

farscaper,

Shoff

I bought a mariposa quartz domeless nail at the encouragement of the this thread and have been thoroughly astounded at the quality for 9 dollars. I expected something that would have the feel of cheap glass; it's not lightweight, actually being relatively thick. Restrictive but I've yet so see a domeless nail setup that does not rely on a glass part (e.g., periscope, kettle curve) to collect the smoke that does not inhibit flow, really not a big difference in flow between this quartz domeless and my DualiTi.. Mine also has the added bonus of fitting snugly in my 14mm (which other members reported as loose), haven't tried the 18mm lip yet though.

Squeeky

For those that have tried Mariposa's domeless quartz nail, I would like some input on the best joint size. It states that it fits both 14 & 19. I have yet to purchase any oncentrate glass pieces and would need a Male/Male adapter. I've got a Jhan piece that is 19mm female. Just trying to debate on which adapter would work best 14/19 or 19/19. Any input would be great. Thanks

Squeeky,

z9

I bought a mariposa quartz domeless nail at the encouragement of the this thread and have been thoroughly astounded at the quality for 9 dollars. I expected something that would have the feel of cheap glass; it's not lightweight, actually being relatively thick. Restrictive but I've yet so see a domeless nail setup that does not rely on a glass part (e.g., periscope, kettle curve) to collect the smoke that does not inhibit flow, really not a big difference in flow between this quartz domeless and my DualiTi.. Mine also has the added bonus of fitting snugly in my 14mm (which other members reported as loose), haven't tried the 18mm lip yet though.

It fits on my one piece snugly, I can cover the center hole and get no air flow. On my other piece, I get a little airflow when the center hole is covered. It doesn't seem to affect the hit, both of mine are 14mm btw.
The restrictiveness doesn't bother me, I was simply stating. Glad to know that its similar to other domeless nails.

Has anyone tried any other glass from mariposa?

The only other thing I've tried from them is their standard quartz nails. This nail is every bit as thick as the normal quartz nails that I've ordered from Mariposas. I've thought about getting a carbon filter attachment to use as an extender for my joint, just to make it easier to see when I'm dabbing.

For those that have tried Mariposa's domeless quartz nail, I would like some input on the best joint size. It states that it fits both 14 & 19. I have yet to purchase any oncentrate glass pieces and would need a Male/Male adapter. I've got a Jhan piece that is 19mm female. Just trying to debate on which adapter would work best 14/19 or 19/19. Any input would be great. Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, I think they offer a domeless quartz nail with a 19mm male to male adapter. I haven't used this with a 19mm joint, but I doubt there'd be any difference. Its really whatever you want to use your adapter for in the future. Personally I'd spring for the 19mm just so that I'd have a bigger joint to do whatever I want to in the future with.

z9,
Reactions: Shoff

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it's tight in my 14, doesn't fit in the other, fits in all 18

Bob Loblaw,

gvape

I have some experience to share about the Mariposa Domeless quartz nail. I purchased a few of them to see how they would work. I mean as everyone has said, for the cost, you cant really beat it. Anyways, I have a few different dabbers, and my favorite is the one that came with the Vapenwiser Domeless TI. Well that dabber does not work well with it. The first two dabs I tried the dab went down the center, I still got a hit, but not the full thing. I was pretty frustrated. The third dab I took out my glass pencil dabber I hit the sweet spot and got the full effect of the nail. It definitely works well when done right and I do love the taste of quartz so I cant wait to season this thing in a bit. Definitely a great but, just something to be noted that you have to dab the right spot.

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I have some experience to share about the Mariposa Domeless quartz nail. I purchased a few of them to see how they would work. I mean as everyone has said, for the cost, you cant really beat it. Anyways, I have a few different dabbers, and my favorite is the one that came with the Vapenwiser Domeless TI. Well that dabber does not work well with it. The first two dabs I tried the dab went down the center, I still got a hit, but not the full thing. I was pretty frustrated. The third dab I took out my glass pencil dabber I hit the sweet spot and got the full effect of the nail. It definitely works well when done right and I do love the taste of quartz so I cant wait to season this thing in a bit. Definitely a great but, just something to be noted that you have to dab the right spot.

Agreed. I found that "wiping" the dab around the inside of the cup wall up high works good. Glass pointed dabber/drippers work very well with these nails. My daughter found this out by sucking about a 1/4 gram of Daddy's prized Thai OG dewaxed sap down the center tube before she figured out that you don't apply the oil to the center of the cup. Tip: For some reason these nails heat fast, so go easy on the flame.

I bought a couple for gifts and spares. For $9usd it can't be beat. Thanks Z9 for the heads up on these.

z9

I've had one dab go down the center and the relatively large chunk of wax stuck to the side if my stem. I immediately went in for an emergency extraction and tried grsbbing my dome forgetting I didn't have one anymore. Now I have a couple fluid filled blisters reminding me not to do that again.

I drop my dabber at the very bottom of the cup, between the walls. My skillet tools pick works great for this nail, however my thicker glass dabber is harder to use. I tend to favor my ss pick because its easier to judge to how much oil is on it. Sometimes I accidentally over medicate it when I use it.

I'm just glad I was able to share. And now I have no reason to get a ti domeless nail because this thing works pretty damn good.

I wonder how much they're making on each nail after shipping and everything. You'd be hard pressed to find a normal glass nail for $9 shipped.

z9,

Tamataz

Icelander
Mariposas has very good prices, here's a absolute STEAL! > Click

For $37 (free shipping :)

-Heady 18mm dome
-Heady 18mm m/m adapter (matching)
-Fully adjustable Highly Educated Grade 2 TI nail
-Adapter for 18mm in/14mm out
-Free gift, in my case, a cool glass dabber.

You cant find a better deal.... Very happy!

Tamataz,
Reactions: Puffers

Bouldorado

-Heady 18mm dome

Where'd you see "highly educated" listed? The only description I saw regarding the nail is in bold below.

3 STYLES We include a FREE Converter Adapter, Just choose the Design Then becomes a Dual Unit Includes: Worked/Adapter, Dome, Fully Adjustable Grade 2 Titanium Nail All Domes are 19m Adapter Connection could be 14m or 19m, This is why we include a free Converter

Bouldorado,

Tamataz

Icelander
Because if you navigate to where you buy just the nail stand-alone, by itself, it gives a better description. >>Nail<<

-That is the nail that's thrown in with the deal above. Trust me i have been looking for a good deal on a oil dome with adapter; this is by far the best one. Especially getting those extra goodies.

Here's the one i got.
GYiPKn4.jpg

Tamataz,

bopper

-Heady 18mm dome

No offense, but "Educated" doesn't mean "Highly Educated", which is a brand name of good reputation. There are good discussions of "TI" quality and the reliability of vendor descriptions elsewhere on this site.

We ordered a couple of the domeless quartz nails (yet to arrive). They seem like a sweet deal. Thanks to all for the recommendation. :cool:

Tamataz

Icelander
Haha, you're right! Wow when i first read it my mind must have put "Highly" infront of educated.

Good catch. Its a sweet deal nevertheless.

Tamataz,

filteredhead

The new $9 quartz nail arrived, love the flavor and less steps to dab with this domeless nail. Been running the new nail in my SB oil tube and value it more than my other quartz nails because it has better heat retention and it well made/solid for the money. I will try to take a video of the mariposa nail as soon as some free time comes my way. In the meantime here is a video of the SB rig with its stock dome and HE Ti turbo nail.

Tamataz

Icelander
Well, this thing is odd but a little intriguing.

$40 for the oil dome setup PLUS a TI nail. Can't say I'd want a TI nail that cheap, but maybe he would sell the unique dome setup separately (For $20-30?)

Not to mention, I would feel better using a lighter glass or quartz nail than a heavier TI, less stress on the glass bridge.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/19-19-oil-dome-set-w-titanium-nail(holder-not-included-532206622
19-19-oil-dome-set-w-titanium-nail-holder-not-included-08bd.jpg

I feel like that would be a bitch to dab with.... The vent is so close to the nail...

Tamataz,
Top Bottom