Comic Books (And The Movies / Shows Based On Them)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I actually got this lantern cross-over a bit ago and I can't wait to read it. People are saying it's good and it looks so bad/cheesy, can't wait. Just got done reading their Batman/Ninja Turtles one which was cheesy and great.
61AlEWq6U5L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

arf777

No longer dogless
I actually got this lantern cross-over a bit ago and I can't wait to read it. People are saying it's good and it looks so bad/cheesy, can't wait. Just got done reading their Batman/Ninja Turtles one which was cheesy and great.
61AlEWq6U5L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

let me know how that is. I have the first issue bagged and boxed but it didn't thrill me and didn't get the rest. Now that I've read Blackest Night considering giving it another try, despite it being JJverse (Beyond helps with that).

Also, unrelated -
LYFT3pg.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
let me know how that is. I have the first issue bagged and boxed but it didn't thrill me and didn't get the rest. Now that I've read Blackest Night considering giving it another try, despite it being JJverse (Beyond helps with that).

Also, unrelated -
LYFT3pg.jpg
Ha ha, that is awesome. That scene get's me every time, cannot stop my reaction.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

arf777

No longer dogless
Folks seen Doctor Strange yet? Most psychedelic super hero movie ever (as it should be). Entire sequences lifted right out of the original Ditko run. Looks more like the underlying comic than any other Marvel flick. Unnecessary variances from the comics in some places, but still fun on a bun. Went in my Cloak and Eye, going again tonight. This one is worth the $$$ to see it in IMAX 3D.

And keep your ears open for the only Syd Barrett written tune I've ever heard in a mainstream movie, Interstellar Overdrive from The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

MQaceIe.jpg

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Folks seen Doctor Strange yet? Most psychedelic super hero movie ever (as it should be). Entire sequences lifted right out of the original Ditko run. Looks more like the underlying comic than any other Marvel flick. Unnecessary variances from the comics in some places, but still fun on a bun. Went in my Cloak and Eye, going again tonight. This one is worth the $$$ to see it in IMAX 3D.

And keep your ears open for the only Syd Barrett written tune I've ever heard in a mainstream movie, Interstellar Overdrive from The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

MQaceIe.jpg

I just saw Doctor Strange in IMAX 3D and was blown the fuck away! I'm usually not a big fan of 3D but this one is incredible. I guess they shot well over an hour of the movie in IMAX and it shows. If you are going to see this make sure to see it the way they wanted it to be seen. The movie itself is great, 2 hours seemed like 45 minutes. Action packed with great acting and story. The 3D is not headache inducing at all and is truely spectacular and really adds to the film. 2 thumbs up!

arf777

No longer dogless
Things been dormant here for a bit. Even my cosplaying ass ain't been up to that much. Having another spinal surgery in May, the pain is making doing things difficult.

Anybody seen the horror that is Iron Fist? Bruce Lee is spinning in his grave.

On the upside, though it was painful, got a free ticket to a Doctor Who con this weekend, so turned up for a bit of it. Got to freak out the 7th Doctor, Sylvester McCoy, with my weirdness (in the pic below he was directly behind my massive noggin).

Here's a pic of me with an awesome cosplay of the original Master. I' holding my newest build, a batleth made of rubber chickens - borghelmepleth in Klingon, that name was approved by Marc Okrand, the creator of the Klingon language, so IT'S CANON, PEOPLE! It is used when doing the Cluckbara, the Klingon martial art of killing people with chickens.

Originally developed by KahlessPool himself at the Battle of Poultry Ridge, the first borghelmepleth was used to beat to death Fran'Ces of House Ajax for his support of Molor and general crimes against 'Pooliness. It is now wielded by me, WorfPool, the Merc with the mek'leth, head chef of the Imperial Klingon Forces.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming episode of the Black Tribbles podcast. I was interviewed for it over the weekend.

ifx54Vt.jpg

TeeJay1952

I am struggling with Battleworld 2. For a place that has magic, time travel, Gods roaming the Cosmos, uninhibited evolution it is all rather forced and feels more like a bar bet lost than a publishing strategy.:rockon::myday:

arf777

No longer dogless
I am struggling with Battleworld 2. For a place that has magic, time travel, Gods roaming the Cosmos, uninhibited evolution it is all rather forced and feels more like a bar bet lost than a publishing strategy.:rockon::myday:

I couldn't finish any of the Secret Wars main event or tie-ins. And I wasted money on ALL of them, they take up more than a whole long box.

And Marvel has not really done well since then. Cancelled all but two of my Marvel subscriptions. DC has been outselling them for the first time in decades (some of Rebirth is AWESOME).

Top Bottom