Colour of vape waste?

Kiiara

Hi. I'm new, just finally worked up the courage and funs to buy a Deluxe Vapor Daddy (very nice). What colour should the left over herb optimaly be? Also, what can I do with the leftovers, if anything.
thanks for any help!

Kiiara,

Konrad_Zuse

Hey Kiiara, welcome to FC. I hope you are enjoying the worlds of vaporization. Even though I have not heard of your current vape, I hope it is working out for you well. For me my abv is light brown-dark brown, depending on what you want. Lower temps are lighter, higher temps are darker. If there is green revape, if it is black it's most likely combustion, but really dark brown is fine. As for what to do with the ABV you can cook it into cannabutter, eat it, mix it with other stufff and eat, revape with a different vape? There are many things you can do with it :). If you have anymore questions feel free to come to our chat room for real time answers with people who know their stuff. Chat is located at the top right of the webpage :D.

Happy vaping,

~Konrad

Konrad_Zuse,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
momofthegoons,

StickyShisha2

i make dark oil with be vape waste, BHO style.
i vape at a low-ish temp (under 5 on the volcano), so my ABV tends not to be too dark.

StickyShisha2,

gb902

Vaporog
I vape until it comes dark brown (same color as tobacco). Then I throw it away.

gb902,

Gatsby T Pig

I was hoping someone could post pictures of ABV. Maybe with a couple of examples of MJ that is too vaped and MJ that is not vaped enough. I use the MFLB and I have grinding more and filling the trench less and less. I find that no matter how fine I grind and how little I use, I barely cover the screen, I get pieces that look like dark chocolate, pieces that are a nice brown and some pieces of green. I have even been shaking the box while inhaling but I not getting uniform color.

Gatsby T Pig,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
re:pix ... here you go, just finished a session with the Bud Toaster. Here is the vial with ABV, with some of the same bud pre-vape for comparison.

The vial is 1/2 dram, where a dram is 1/16 oz, so the amount of bud in the vial is less than 0.5 gram

picture.php

and outside the vial:

picture.php

Hippie Dickie,

Kiiara

Hippie, around what temp. are you vaping? I can vape a little less that .5 for 30 mins on about a 5 and my bud ends up quite a bit lighter than that. There's very little green (if any) left when I'm done, so should I continue to vape until it gets that dark?>

Kiiara,

Plant

my ABV is goldenbrown to chocolate brown. Golden i'm high and active and choc i'm hamered
HippieDickie you don't grind the bud?

Plant,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@Kiiara - the temp in the vial is around 400F to 420F, measured with a kitchen digital thermometer. The heater, outside the vial, is measured at 450F, but the center of the bud in the vial is about 40F cooler.

@Plant - correct, i don't grind, i feel that would just shatter and dislodge the trichomes. i just pull the bud apart with tweasers to expose the surface area and drop into the vial. i do stir after about 4 minutes into the 7.5 minute session.

Hippie Dickie,

devvo6786

I personally vape about 1/2 the bud - so there are still some green and some brown (about 50/50) that way I can make other things (butter, oil, etc) with the remains when I get enough :-D

devvo6786,
Top Bottom