1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Colorado Gov. Talks Pot With Katie Couric

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by Jambi619, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

2. tepictoton

tepictoton Well-Known Member

Interesting...

anybody noticed what he says 19minutes in? He is talking about AG needing to uphold the laws of the land...euhm time to do some homework...the Law of the Land is not what is being uphold...drug laws are criminal laws aka maritime law...they are not upholding the law of the land! They are upholding the criminal Law...

MindFork likes this.
  3. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

He seemed really uncomfortable talking about this, especially when he was being questioned by the audience. To his credit though, he seems like he's committed to making legalization work. Can you imagine if Chris Christie was gov in Colorado?

4. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

what does this have to do with Ships or Maritime trade? I don't get it tepictoton.

Criminal law is not AKA Maritime law unless it's a crime that happens while shipping on the high seas.

So What do you mean? I don't get it. Do you live on a ship ?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    Enchantre, CarolKing and Jared like this.
  5. tepictoton

tepictoton Well-Known Member

Hehe...just a remark...read about souvereign human beings or freemen on the land...maybe you like it...

We are not subject to any law but the law of the land also known as common law...

MindFork, CarolKing and RUDE BOY like this.
  6. Crohnie

Crohnie Well-Known Member

LOL, WUT? :hmm:

Enchantre, Jared and RUDE BOY like this.
  7. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

October 10, 2014
    Colorado Candidate Suggests Repeal of Amendment 64
    Tags: Amendment 64 repeal, bob beauprez, colorado recreational marijuana
    [​IMG]
    Colorado Republican gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (pictured) suggested during a debate Thursday evening that voters should be asked to repeal recreational marijuana.

That assertion drew a swift condemnation from the Marijuana Industry Group, one of the leading state cannabis associations, which called Beauprez’s suggestion “misguided.”

“Repealing Amendment 64 would kill tens of thousands of jobs, destroy thousands of businesses, and return us to a failed policy that emboldens the black market and drug cartels,” said Michael Elliott, executive director of MIG. “Coloradans want this. Marijuana legalization passed with 55% support.”

Elliott asserted that since recreational sales have begun in Colorado, the state has seen drops in teen marijuana use, traffic fatalities and violent crime, while tourism and the economy have been booming.

Beauprez, who is trying to unseat Gov. John Hickenlooper, made the statement after saying that he had heard concerns from healthcare professionals about possible neurological damage to young adult brains from marijuana use.

Hickenlooper also made comments this week that cast a negative light on recreational cannabis, saying he thinks the state was “reckless” when voting to legalize marijuana in 2012.

Colorado you've come a long way. Don't go back in time. Don't vote for this man.
    CK

EveryDayAmnesiac, max and Jambi619 like this.
  8. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

Tell that to the Judge when he asks 'how do you plead?'. ;)

The Gov is probably uncomfortable on this topic since he opposed decriminalization in CO back when he was Mayor of Denver. He's running for re-election and likely wondering how many votes he's gonna win or lose, depending on what he says about CO's groundbreaking legalization.

RUDE BOY and CarolKing like this.
  9. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

I saw that too. I thought Hickenlooper recanted?

CarolKing likes this.
  10. Gonzo

Gonzo Slightly Stoopid

As Max said, it is election season and he is trying to get as many votes as possible.

Never believe a politician, especially in election season.

Ratchett, Slothington and CarolKing like this.
  11. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

Never believe them at all, ain't you seen The Culture High yet?

Anyway here's his clarification of his reckless statement:

"I was asked if I thought it was [emphasis Hickenlooper's office] reckless to legalize marijuana in Colorado -– perhaps risky is a better word. While I believe it was risky for Colorado to be the first state to step away from a failed federal policy given all of the unanswered legal questions and implications, the adoption of Amendment 64 by Colorado voters sent a clear message to the federal government that marijuana should be legal and regulated."

"Is it risky now?" the governor asked. "It is certainly less so. We have a robust regulatory enforcement system that would not have been possible without the partnership of the marijuana business owners, activists, law enforcement officials, regulators, parents, policy experts and stakeholders."

http://www.ibtimes.com/reckless-col...r-walks-back-pot-legalization-comment-1700817

cybrguy, CarolKing and max like this.
  12. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

I sincerely hope they get lucky and come up with a long term system that covers all the bases. I say lucky since government, whether federal, state, or local, rarely gets it right the first time. If problems are few then opponents won't have much to grab on to, and other states will be drooling over the boost to the economy.

cybrguy, CarolKing and Jambi619 like this.
  13. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

It'll be interesting to see what happens in OR and AK. Only a few weeks to go!

CarolKing likes this.
  14. Gonzo

Gonzo Slightly Stoopid

I think Hickenlooper is safe. I'm more worried about Udall losing his Senate seat. Both will have my support.

cybrguy and CarolKing like this.
  15. MindFork

MindFork Part-Time Toker

In other words, "Nothing has been found, but we have concerns, and because we are doctors talking to politicians, OUR concerns are more important than everyone else, and more important than the actual FACTS that young adults will damage their brains on alcohol far more than on cannabis."

16. Jambi619

Jambi619 New Guy

It's a total red herring. There are countless things that "do damage" or otherwise alter the developing brain. Not only substances, but things like environmental deprivation which this candidate, being a member of the GOP, will help to perpetuate. Besides, if he's concerned about young people accessing cannabis, legalization is the answer. So basically this guy's just a big stupid bag of dicks.

MindFork likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors