Colitis and cannabis?

PerseusStoned

Hey everybody,

These are my questions, but its probably a little useful to read some of the background information:
1) Does anyone know what effects THC and/or cannabis has on colitis?
(I believe it works as an anti inflammatory)
2) Does anyone know if smoking has a different effect than vaporizing when it comes to colitis?
(Just to let you know, you'll be preaching to the converted. I haven't combusted for over a year now and will not be going back. Read the background for more information before addressing more than this question.)

Background information:
I was curious if anyone had any medical information regarding the interactions between colitis and cannabis? My girlfriend has a disease called colitis (it just developed), which leads to extreme inner inflammation, its an incredibly painful thing and it is heart-wrenching to have someone so close to you suffer like that. Its incredibly expensive to treat and oftentimes treatment fails. Most people need to adapt their diets and avoid certain foods for the rest of their lives, which is a trial and error process since everyone's colitis differs in what triggers it.

She says a few patients have recommended smoking marijuana to reduce the pain (this is speculated about on colitis forums). She has smoked occasionally (a few times a month) for about 4 years now, but for the past 6 months has almost exclusively been vaporizing with me about 3 or 4 times a week and has had almost no problems with flare-ups. She's now in college, out-of-state, and can't afford a vaporizer (or risk getting caught with it in her dorm) and wants to start combusting with a pipe.

Now, my questions are led to. Thanks for all who take the time to read this and many more to those with the knowledge to correctly answer.

PerseusStoned,

Durden

I am Jack's title
As far as the inflammation issue and some real pseudo scientific evidence from our wondrous government:
Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention.

Taken from http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html

Edit: You can find some more info on health issues through a search or check out http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1999 .

Durden,

Hanibal Lectin

Pay for a L.E.A.P MRT food sensitivities test and never have to wonder what triggers it and go through a lengthy and un-reliable trial and error process.This is what fixed my IBS.
My Wife had serious ulcerative colitits with bleeding for 1.5 years and was cured in 10 days using the diet from the book Breaking The Viscous Cycle.
Healing is very possible if the intent is there.

While cannabis may help with symptoms,like prescription drugs,the CAUSE is not a cannabis or Asacol deficiency...I can guarantee you that much.

Find and fix the root of the problem and healing will occur.

Hanibal Lectin,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Hanibal Lectin said:
While cannabis may help with symptoms,like prescription drugs,the CAUSE is not a cannabis or Asacol deficiency...I can guarantee you that much.

Find and fix the root of the problem and healing will occur.
I could not agree more. :tup:

Durden,

PerseusStoned

Hanibal Lectin said:
Pay for a L.E.A.P MRT food sensitivities test and never have to wonder what triggers it and go through a lengthy and un-reliable trial and error process.
Thank you for your help and suggestions. Do you have any idea on what the cost range on that test would be? I looked online and could only find that health insurance wouldn't cover it :(

PerseusStoned,

Beezleb

I would see if Insurance can pay for it, if no insurance I would look to see what kind of assistance you can get. If the government does not step up I would look at not for profits and even some churches will help with such things, even if you do not go their church. I became ill and almost lost my house, a local catholic church stepped up and bailed us out. This was a good many years and I am not catholic nor even been to their church.

I believe, but I cannot swear to it that a lady in an old support group I belonged used weed for Colitis. I have among other things, diverticulitis and weed makes it worse for me. It actually intensifies my pain when I have a diverticulitis issue but that is not the same as colitis.

What best works for me, is a strict diet and it really really sucks when trying to eat anywhere when I dont cook it.

Please keep us informed if weed does help your girl friend. Sincerely the best of luck to you and your girlfriend.

Beezleb,

Hanibal Lectin

yeah health insurance does not cover it.
It is about 4-500 ...I did it through underrgoundwellness

fixed my leaky gut

Hanibal Lectin,
Top Bottom