1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Colie Glass

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Xchadb, Dec 25, 2012.

1. PhotoRider

PhotoRider Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

Sweet, congrats. If you are happy that is all that counts

JoeKickass, ogcook and Richy like this.
  2. TommydCat

TommydCat Well-Known Member

The chuggyness is part of the appeal - kinda like slurping a shake through a straw. Or worms... :worms: But you feel the moisture of the air but not a drop touches your lips (unless you do a mighty chug on the first pull, which is kinda dumb in any other conceivable case as well :freak:)

But. You must pick that thing up in your hand like a cup and raise a toast to your dabs free-range and organic. That looks kinda awkward sitting there (but alas kinda needed to get a steady shot).

Perhaps I can develop a new accessory - the ColieCam(tm)! :science: A barely-visible clip to your GoPro(tm) to get that perfect recycling action with a moving scenic background that will livestream directly to YouTube(tm)! We could tune in at any time to see your daily cleaning regimen (right? :nope:), live-action cycling, or it just.. sitting there.. for hours.. maybe in the dark in which case that would suck.. :bang:

Or.. I could go back to Zzzz for a while.. :chill: :dog:

3. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

I like seeing his recycler in all these cool colors too!

Yes, beware that it might grow on you and make your other pieces gather dust!

I think what I like so much about Andy's recycler is it's got that kind of underdog appeal: it's not a $300 precisely perfect piece but it just has... charm. I never thought it would be so satisfying to just rip on the piece, or to look at it in the sunlight, but it really has won me over :luv:

4. brucebannor

brucebannor The Cheshire Cat

5. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Nice pick up Bruce

6. Richy

Richy Frequently up in space with Bowie

Here are some pictures of what I think is a rather nice looking new dome from Colie Glass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Silver420Surfer

Is the bottom part mishapen or just a bad pic? Doesn't look like it would sit flush on a male joint.

Makes me think of Sigmund the Sea Monster.:)

8. PhotoRider

PhotoRider Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

Man, if it works half as good as it looks its a homer...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    JoeKickass and Silver420Surfer like this.
  9. Silver420Surfer

I like the base on that one, the way the slyme wraps around it. Very symmetrical and has nice round shape.
    Also the black/slyme "button" inside the base is pretty cool. The use of black there really stands out,imo.

@brucebannor --Hulk, do you keep your water level where it's at in that pic, or fill it up more when using it?
    How is the vortexing action on yours?

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  10. brucebannor

A little higher for sure.. less for dabs and more with vaporizers, I'll add water to even out the restriction so it looks like it's recycling the same amount. For science I added a silly amount of water and other than starting to be a little hard to pull it worked fine and no splash back.

The action is similar to other Colie recyclers here, I really like the perc it seems to recycle quick and a good amount of water. With all that water I get a lot of bubbles that travel back down. I'm not sure vortex is even the right word, I'll make a video soon but it looks very similar to this SG recycler. Specifically where the back chamber kind of bounces a bit from the water, mine might do that more than the others I've seen. The bubbles spin as they get sucked down but it's nothing like a Hamm vortex.

11. Silver420Surfer

Thanks Hulk, looking forward to your video!:)

Again, nice Gl@ass!!

brucebannor likes this.
  12. Silver420Surfer

I heard some rumblings that there may be some new designs popping up shortly, hopefully they will get shared with us here.

I like this version from the Bar-Kays way better though!! These cats knew how to put on a show!

TommydCat likes this.
  13. brucebannor

Know about their Instagram? He's been updating that lately.

JoeKickass likes this.
  14. Silver420Surfer

That's where the pics of the worked dome came from a few posts back.

I can say that the Insta account is not what I was referring to. :ninja:

15. Richy

Here's a video of the latest Colie Glass recycler that I saw in their youtube channel. If you like slyme and you like recyclers then this might peak your interest.

16. mlo4sho

mlo4sho Well-Known Member

What's up with Colie these days? Their shop is closed. Are they just taking time off for the holidays, have they relocated on the web, or something else?

17. Richy

It looks like they're getting the website redone but you can still contact them using the link on the front page of dabzilla.com

JoeKickass and Silver420Surfer like this.
  18. Silver420Surfer

JoeKickass, SSVUN~YAH and Richy like this.
  19. brucebannor

Probably have better luck with highproduction@ymail.com he switches it up a lot but he posted on FB yesterday to email him there. You'd probably get a quicker response.

They've also been making a few Munnies, which is new for them I believe.

20. Richy

Here's the latest piece I've spotted coming out of the Colie Glass workshop, a nicely decorated gridded upline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Silver420Surfer

Isn't that the same little upline that's in his recyclers?
    Meh.
    Keeping it simple, I guess.

22. Korben

Korben Thrilled

I got one similar to Bruce

[​IMG]

Really like that it is just clear and Slime.

[​IMG]

For a small perc the action on this rig is great.

[​IMG]

Slime Dome

JoeKickass and canj00digit? like this.
  23. headees

headees Member

Im on the fence about getting a recycler or a honeycomb to recti like this one

I will be using it with a cloud evo. Really flavor is #1, so not sure if the percolation would diminish that more so than a recycler would. Any suggestions?

ou812? likes this.
  24. brucebannor

I had the male version of that and his recycler, it does not diminish flavor more than the gridded stemline recycler. Honeycombs in general will kill flavor but this design is set so low that you can't use that much water. (it'll suck into the reti perc then into your mouth) I liked it a lot, this reti creates a unique slapping type pull.

JoeKickass and headees like this.
  25. headees

headees Member

Yea I noticed in that vid there was very little water. Are you using your pieces with a cloud by chance?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors