CO2 Oil Cartridge - i have a stupid question

stressed

Hi. i wanted to go get some hash tomorrow. the pot store has oil in cartridges that i believe is supposed to be used by attaching it to a vape pen?? something like that. it's not a syringe with oil.

HEre's the stupid question. can i get one of these cartridges and squeeze out a drop or 2 at a time onto a hash pipe as opposed to using a vape pen? if so, can the cartridge be sealed up until next use?

i realize it would be best to get a pen but i just want to vape drops in a nice glass hash pipe like back in the 70s. (and no it's not a crack pipe!)

they also have wax and shatter.

i'd appreciate some input on this. i made a bunch of bubble hash in the early 2000s. i've smoked so much hash in the past, i love how far people have taken the process.

stressed,

Wizsteve

@stressed get the wax or shatter .The oil however i would pass on unless its very clear and 80%+ THC
co2 oil seems kinda gross too me at hi temps just makes me cough .

Speaking of new devices lol check this out

Wizsteve,
Reactions: stressed

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Any tank oil that has been mixed with anything would seem unhealthy to me if it combusts. They mix that oil with glycerins and glycols sometimes to thin it down, I wouldn't want to smoke that stuff...

I agree, a little crumb of wax or shatter would work great in a hash pipe, assuming it's the kind you heat and vaporize the material. I like to throw a dab on top of a bowl of bud and gently brush a lighter flame over it til it melts in, you get a very tasty and potent bowl that lasts way longer lol

GuyLeDuche,

stressed

Any tank oil that has been mixed with anything would seem unhealthy to me if it combusts. They mix that oil with glycerins and glycols sometimes to thin it down, I wouldn't want to smoke that stuff...

that is a neat little unit. the inventions will be coming fast over the next few years. :)

I agree, a little crumb of wax or shatter would work great in a hash pipe, assuming it's the kind you heat and vaporize the material. I like to throw a dab on top of a bowl of bud and gently brush a lighter flame over it til it melts in, you get a very tasty and potent bowl that lasts way longer lol

that is a neat little unit. the inventions will be coming fast over the next few years. :)

yeah, we used to always just gently brush over the hash with a lighter. i think i'll go with the wax this time.

thanks guys!

stressed,

stressed

@stressed get the wax or shatter .The oil however i would pass on unless its very clear and 80%+ THC
co2 oil seems kinda gross too me at hi temps just makes me cough .

Speaking of new devices lol check this out

SORRY MODS! i'm so used to my posts not being editable after awhile that i started this post too. i will not blame this on the fact that ghost train haze has got me on cloud 9! have a lovely day.

i went shopping today.
5w5fp.jpg

i remembered you saying to go for the clear stuff. this is supposedly, about 90% thc "distillate". he explained distillate but i wasn't listening. so i avoided the dark oil. and i got a 1/2 gram of wax. and bonus, they were having a special on the distillate to welcome in a new month. $40 plus a 10% discount for 1/2 gram. nice. :)

the flowers are - ghost train haze (just did a bag and it tastes, looks, smells delicious and the high is pretty nice.
- granddaddy purple - i've heard of this stuff for years, it's time to try it. - and a local sativa dominant. i also got a gram of a cbd heavy local variety. it looks like shit and he said it didn't taste good either but it was a good cbd genetic with very little thc.

still not sure how i'm going to vape or smoke the hash. i'll have to think about it. :science:

Last edited:

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
Pretty nice little shopping spree! I'm a fan of granddaddy purple, I've grown out and smoked about 1/2lb of it in the last year lol.

What do you have available for smoking/vaping? For vaping I put a chunk of hash between 2 layers of ground bud in my vaporizer, any melt is absorbed by the bud. For smoking you can of course put a dab on some bud, but to smoke shatter/wax alone I have used a normal bud pipe, just fill the bowl with ash first and the oil won't melt through the screen. Very crude but effective ;) Also can be done with the bottom of a soda can and a straw in extreme circumstances (torch lighter recommended)...

GuyLeDuche,

stressed

Pretty nice little shopping spree! I'm a fan of granddaddy purple, I've grown out and smoked about 1/2lb of it in the last year lol.

What do you have available for smoking/vaping? For vaping I put a chunk of hash between 2 layers of ground bud in my vaporizer, any melt is absorbed by the bud. For smoking you can of course put a dab on some bud, but to smoke shatter/wax alone I have used a normal bud pipe, just fill the bowl with ash first and the oil won't melt through the screen. Very crude but effective ;) Also can be done with the bottom of a soda can and a straw in extreme circumstances (torch lighter recommended)...

the granddaddy looks great. i only try one new genetic a day though so i won't try it until wake and vake tomorrow.

i've got a bong, a bubbler, and my extreme Q vaporizer. i remember doing the ash thing back in the day, that will work for the wax in my bubbler. and i'll try a little drop of the oil in a weed sandwich in the extreme Q. maybe the wax too.

i love this stuff more than i can express with words. :leaf:

stressed,
Top Bottom