CO2 and Shatter set-ups questions

C/S Tattooer

Hey all....lurker for a while, first post/question.

I'm pretty new to vaping MMJ concentrates and I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can help me with. I have hunted for some answers to these questions and have found some info but would like some more detailed info on the specific set-ups that I have.

#1...I currently am using a standard Kangertech Evod (same as pictured in the link below):
http://fitvapes.com/collections/kanger-starter-kits/products/kanger-evod-blister-pack
for vaping Cannalabs C02 oils. I personally have had zero issues with it so far. I get a good, clean hit, and a nice solid high. Though I have read some posts stating this set-up isn't ideal...can anyone expand on why that may be the case? Again...I've had zero issues with it so far and am quite pleased with the results and don't really feel the need to switch from this set-up unless there is a real reason to.

#2...I have yet to find a tank that I like for thicker consistency concentrates (wax/shatter). I prefer shatter over wax mainly due to ease of handling. I have tried a dual coil VacaVapes Cannon (started getting a heavy, metallic taste after a few hits that started to concern me), and I have also tried a Gentleman's single coil glass globe style tank. The Gentleman's tank seemed "clogged" after a few hits to the point where I can't get a decent hit out of it. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong when loading/hitting from these tanks? I usually drop a small amount of concentrate directly on the coils, heat for a second or 2, and slowly inhale. Are there any 510-compatible tanks for shatter specifically that anyone out there would recommend as opposed to the 2 I've tried?

Thanks in advance for any help....

C/S Tattooer,
Reactions: killick

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
#1 seems reasonable if it works for you. I think that tank has the 2 long wicks that feed up and into the center, some feel thicker juice doesn't flow well with them, but if it works for you that's what matters lol. I bought a pre-filled co2 yesterday with a similar tank, works fine.

#2 I use a Seego vhit and like it but the kiss cart http://www.planetvape.ca/kiss-cartridge-titanium-3.7-volt.html here is so beloved I plan to get one asap (although it does need a 601-510 thread adapter). As far as loading, I avoid placing directly on the coil in a single if the air hole is directly under it, this may lead to clogging after your hit has cooled. I try to scrape half on each side, on the walls of the cup. A quick primer pulse will have it runny enough to get down next to the coil.

C/S Tattooer

Awesome...thanks for the tips Guy...much appreciated.

yeah...I've had no issue with the Kanger vapes for the Canna Labs oil. It's easy, stealthy enough, and since I have the lung capacity of a 90 year old (25+ year cigarette smoker that just recently quit) I don't really need a VV/VW battery or anything for the oil in order for it to hit as hard as I need. Honestly I love the ones I have (I keep a separate one for sativa, hybrid, and indica) and all 3 have worked like a charm so far. A million times better than the O.Pen pre-filled pens I tried previously (not to mention every single one of those things that I tried leaked like a MFer)...plus the oil syringes from Canna Labs seem to be a lot "stronger" in terms of buzz then what is in the O.Pens. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any health-issue or some other major reason why the Kangers aren't a good choice for what I use them for. Sounds like they're fine as long as they do what I need em to.

I'll try your method of keeping the shatter off the coils for now and see if that helps...but I'm definitely going to try a new tank as well...just not thrilled with the ones I've tried. Maybe I'll give the Kiss cart a try...I have read some good things on here.

I feel like a lot of this stuff is still in it's infancy and that hopefully (and more than likely) the technology will get better and more efficient in the next couple of years.

Thanks again for your input...and if anyone else has anything to add I'd definitely like to hear other opinions.

Last edited:
C/S Tattooer,
Top Bottom