• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CO law change, non-residents can purchase an OZ

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Colorado Regulators Ban Marijuana Use in Businesses That Serve Alcohol

Last Friday, a week and a half after Denver voters approved an initiative allowing cannabis consumption in local businesses, the Colorado Department of Revenue's Liquor Enforcement Division announced that businesses it regulates are prohibited from participating in the pilot program. That means bars and restaurants with liquor licenses can't legally let customers bring their own marijuana to enjoy on the premises, as envisioned by supporters of Initiative 300, which was favored by 54 percent of voters.

They're from the Government; they're here to help.

MinnBobber

^ Colorado coffeehouses will be popping up, a'dam-style :tup:
....................................................................................
Much needed as now, for CO visitors there is really no legal place to imbibe. Coffeeshops are much needed.

Now Amsterdam needs to make cannabis legal inside of just "tolerated" so their coffeeshops can buy legal bud instead of grey/black market sourced mj.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Colorado Springs has had some cannabis clubs for a bit. I know several were closed down this year but there are still some open =) No idea if they sell cannabis there or if it's BYOB. We do have hotels that are 420 friendly, but this is what we needed to close the gap.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

MinnBobber

I saw an article where CO legislators are gearing up to raise the tax on CO rec bud. I think it said the current law has the tax going down at a certain date, but this would raise it up above the original tax rate.

Greedy bastards, millions and millions of cannabis tax dollars are not enough, they just have to up the tax rate. And then they wonder why the black market still exists----cuz its cheaper

MinnBobber,
Reactions: BD9

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
A lot of dispensaries are selling ounces of rec bud for cheaper than medical. It's interesting times right now. Even with taxes I can drive an extra 30 minutes and get an ounce for $130, but my caregiver sells them for $159. Better bud from caregiver, but still.

MinnBobber

A lot of dispensaries are selling ounces of rec bud for cheaper than medical. It's interesting times right now.
..........................................................................................

That is weird. Isn't the rec tax higher than the med tax??
On my last trip to CO, med was a lot cheaper than rec.

Hoping to get back out to CO as current prices look WAY cheaper than my last trip

MinnBobber,
Reactions: BD9

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
..........................................................................................

That is weird. Isn't the rec tax higher than the med tax??
On my last trip to CO, med was a lot cheaper than rec.

Hoping to get back out to CO as current prices look WAY cheaper than my last trip

We only pay local/state sales tax on medical, so for me it's between 5-6%. Rec pays that plus retail mj taxes, which adds on another 20% or so. It's still cheaper. $125ish vs $170ish. I wouldn't go with the cheap rec bud because my caregiver has superior product.

Top Bottom