CO law change, non-residents can purchase an OZ

MinnBobber

Way to go CO:

The Retail Marijuana Sunset Bill (HB 1261)

The Cannabis Business Alliance (CBA) applauds the Assembly for its prudent review of the Sunset Bill.

Purchasing Regulations:

The Sunset Bill included a section that eliminated the differential between resident and non-resident purchasing limits. Under the new amendment, non-residents would be able to purchase the same amount of product as residents, up to one ounce (or its equivalent) of marijuana.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There are 6 states that allow medical patients from other states.

AZ - recognizes out of state patients but can't buy.

These states honors and recognizes a cannabis recommendation and you can buy 2 1/2 oz
Maine
Michigan
Nevada
New Hampshire
Rhode Island

Info for Tourists for recreational cannabis
How much pot can I possess in Washington State?
If you are 21 years of age or older in Washington State, you will not be prosecuted under state law for the possession or use of

• One ounce of useable marijuana
  • Marijuana-related paraphernalia
  • 16 ounces of solid marijuana-infused product
  • 72 ounces of liquid marijuana-infused product

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
What if You Regulate alcohol like marijuana in Colorado?
The official name of Amendment 64, the ballot initiative that legalized recreational marijuana in Colorado, was the “Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol”.

Amendment 64 was passed in 2012 with 55 percent of the vote (66 percent in Boulder County), and legal marijuana became a reality in Colorado on January 1, 2014. But the regulatory regime that has been applied to marijuana is far more severe than anything alcohol has been subjected to.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Changes effective Oct 1, 2016 to limits per transaction

Concentrates 8g in state, 2g out of state
Edibles 800mg in state, 200mg out of state

Gone are the days of sales on ounces of budder and shatter =(

psychonaut,
Reactions: BD9

Baron23

Changes effective Oct 1, 2016 to limits per transaction

Concentrates 8g in state, 2g out of state
Edibles 800mg in state, 200mg out of state

Gone are the days of sales on ounces of budder and shatter =(
This is where....CO? Didn't they just change the law to make it so in and out of state was the same? When did this happen?

Baron23,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

C No Ego

TboneToker

• One ounce of useable marijuana
  • Marijuana-related paraphernalia
  • 16 ounces of solid marijuana-infused product
  • 72 ounces of liquid marijuana-infused product

what does the 16 ounces mean, is that like Bho/Wax/Shatter? Cause that is A LOT of shatter. Maybe it means like a cannabis topical/balm

Way to go CO:

The Retail Marijuana Sunset Bill (HB 1261)

The Cannabis Business Alliance (CBA) applauds the Assembly for its prudent review of the Sunset Bill.

Purchasing Regulations:

The Sunset Bill included a section that eliminated the differential between resident and non-resident purchasing limits. Under the new amendment, non-residents would be able to purchase the same amount of product as residents, up to one ounce (or its equivalent) of marijuana.

So, we have limits on Cannabis all over the world, but not alcohol or cigarettes heck even presecription pills, you can get refills upon refills.. If they really want to make money and if they really want to help medicinal patients, they're going to have to sell more than 1-2OZ per patient, I am happy with 2OZ a month, but some people would prefer a lot more

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

MinnBobber

I'm not sure to post here or start a thread where more will see?

Any recommendations on Colorado dispensaries, in or near Denver? Looking for primo bud but who has it for lowest price (senior on fixed income and it would be a special trip from Minnesota)?
Pricey trip out and back so wanting to stretch my MJ dollars.

Previously went from Denver to Central City (Green Grass Alt Med) as they had great organic selection at ok prices. Last trip was 18 months ago and prices have fallen some. Their top shelf rec is $250 / oz minus a 10% senior discount, so $225. They let you "Split" an order too, like get their 1/2 oz 1 oz pricing but get smaller sample, like 4 one qtrs for ounce price. Any FCers shop there??

I saw here/ someone posted a CO shop with special of $125 for oz of Blue Dream and it was for real.
I think shop even advertised---order over the net and pickup. I asked about order, pay, hold for my pickup later and never heard back.... :(

Any advise on great bud in CO, tips, advise, ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.S. Wish CO allowed med certif for non-residents as I'd qualify and CO med prices make me jealous.
See really nice prices on med.

P.P.S If I fly out, Denver airport car rental taxes or obscene. Thinking of taking new lightrail into Denver somewhere to drastically lower rental fee by not renting at airport.
Any idea what stop/ what area on lightrail would have car rental places.
Suggestions on things to do on quicky trip, to entice my wife to come? Garden of the Gods?

Might drive but Nebraska is too damn wide!

Antsy in Minnesota, stash is shrinking....

MinnBobber

P.S. Wish CO allowed med certif for non-residents as I'd qualify and CO med prices make me jealous.
I see really nice prices on med.
................................................................................
Mods asked me to clarify, but the clarification needs clarification----
Mod thought I was "current medical patient in a legal MMJ state and wanted CO to grant reciprocity" BUT that is not the case.
My case and big problem with other MMJ states is, why don't they let ANYONE THAT MEETS THEIR MMJ REQUIREMENTS, qualify in their state, thru their doctors and mmj system, to get MMJ legally in their state????? They'd need to prove medically , just like residents....

My state is worse that Chris Christie's state on MMJ as they allow PTSD and MN is in the dark ages on out program, so I don't qualify here but clearly would in CO.

MY big problem is:
- anyone can go to CO, for example, and buy legal recreational herb if they meet CO's rec program requirements. You don't have to be rec legal in your home state!!
- so why the flock can't I go to CO with my medical records/ MRIs/ X-rays and IF I MEET CO's MMR REQUIREMENTS, PARTICIPATE IN THEIR MMJ PROGRAM?

I don't have to be a legal rec cannabis user in MN to buy CO rec bud. I just need to meet their requirements.
Why can't I prove my med case in CO and get their MMJ??

--Because they say you have to be a CO resident to participate in MMJ, even if one's med records would prove one's eligibility in about 2 seconds :(

Does that make sense mods?
I wish there would be an avenue to fight for this medical issue, as it would be a great help to a great many people.
Why discriminate against folks that would qualify for MMJ in your state, IF they only were residents???

We need to be fighting to "widen" our toehold on legal and medical as much as possible, to help our brothers and sisters that live in "backwards states". That would be states where I could easily get a bottle of opiods today BUT not qualify for a meager MMJ program.

Peace, out

MinnBobber,
Reactions: grokit

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Made my monthly trip for meds at my caregiver, it seems that medical patients did not have any changes to their per transaction limits, so we are still able to purchase ounces of concentrates in a single transaction.

MinnBobber

Made my monthly trip for meds at my caregiver, it seems that medical patients did not have any changes to their per transaction limits, so we are still able to purchase ounces of concentrates in a single transaction.
Great!

At least on my next trip, will be able to buy an oz, with much better pricing than making 4 1/4 oz buys as that really sucked.
And it sucks that CO is so damned far away...

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Most dispensaries will split up an ounce into 4 strains, one of the shops up in the mountains I sometimes go to will even do 8 different strains on an ounce if they aren't busy =) Look for the hippie dispensaries :peace:

MinnBobber

My favorite is Green Grass Alt Med in Central City/ rec side.
Next trip I'll be doing on oz and they do divide down to gram practically. I'd do 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/4 of best strains available.
On last trip, buying an oz meant buying 1/4 at inflated price + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 which came out WAY more expensive than buying an oz ( then reserved for CO residents).
Prices have dropped since last trip and their recreational OZs are $250 minus 10% senior discount but they have very high quality bud--- my Green Crack and Super Lemon Haze and Golden Goat from them are world class.

Any suggestions on what other shops close to Denver or in Denver have super high quality flowers yet in that $225 / oz or lower rate? I've heard that $150 OZ high grade bud is now available...
A small supply needs to last me a long time so need to buy top grade for sure

MinnBobber,

cptchronic

Natural Remedies has fire bud and concentrates in downtown denver and it's 240 an oz, usually have a strain of the day for 185ish. Tax included

The clinic has pretty good bud and really good concentrates but not as good as natty rems. I've heard Kind Love in Glendale is heat but expensive 300 plus tax.

I've been to a few other places and most were just not the top top shelf but those places i listed should have some good shit.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've always liked sweet leaf in aurora, you can see their prices on weedmaps. Very affordable flowers, and the selection is vast.

MinnBobber

I've always liked sweet leaf in aurora, you can see their prices on weedmaps. Very affordable flowers, and the selection is vast.
holy mother of cannabis pricing....
Sweet Leaf in Aurora has some great strains that I love and most at $151 OZ. Yikes, last trip the buy four 1/4 oz = 1 oz was maybe $440 so I'd be in cannabis heaven for their pricing.

I did email them to see if that rec pricing included tax.
And you say the quality is good, nice dank and sticky with trichomes??

I want to move to CO :)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
That is priced with tax. Here's some white walker kush I picked up there back in Feb.

MYudXVB.jpg

That's a little under an ounce.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Denver passes new marijuana law that makes it legal to consume pot in businesses

Basically, cannabis consumers will no longer have to hide in their own home when they want to get high. The people of Denver passed ballot initiative 300, which would let businesses apply for permits that would allow the consumption of marijuana within their premises.

According to the Denver Post the initiative will create a four-year pilot program whereby certain business could apply. However, applicants will need backing from a registered neighborhood group, such as a business improvement district. Those groups will be able to set up their own conditions for their support, such as limiting hours and other restrictions

Top Bottom