Cloud repairs

MGG

HUGE THANKS TO LAZYLATHE

2 trips to Canada,
Dozens of sacrificed parts
but the Cloud ++++ is finally back and better than ever.

Almost 2 years ago I broke my cloud but thanks to the help of the fuck combustion community,
particularly: @JCat and @lazylathe

My cloud was fully restored better than it was before.
With :
+ New Aerogel Shell
+ Digital temp read out
+ No auto off
+ New more powerful heater
+ New Bamboo
+ And more...

Honestly can't thank Lazylathe enough for the time he put into this and he's a shining example of how this isn't just the best vaporising community, it's one of the best online communities ever.

Please send huge likes/commendations Lazylathe's way.
I'm considering doing a video on this matter as I think it's an interesting story of how this repair all came together from different people around the globe on this 'niche' web forum.

Here's an extra video of it not fully heated up :

lazylathe

Almost there...
@MGG and FC Community!

This has been the most challenging Cloud to repair to date!
We decided to go all out on this bad boy from the start but my plans fell short...
The repair took a long time to perfect and i wasted a lot of time with life, moving house etc...

Originally the idea was to just repair the Clouds heater and have it work as standard, although it's full potential would never be reached. I thought the new heater would be able to be driven by
@MGG e-nail controller, but that trip was a bust as it seemed to just overheat and then not work at all.

Everything was sent back to me to repair and figure out.
I bought out a hardware store of it's fuses as I was constantly blowing the fuse on the controller or the voltage converter! Seriously frustrating stuff when nothing seemed to work.

In the end, the final result is basically my old Cloud unit with a new heater and thermocouple and my Auberins RDK-200 controller, as well as fancy Aerogel insulation and the super old ceramic ring they had around the heaters. This thing has so much mass around the heater and so much insulation keeping the heat focused on the bamboo!!
Makes a massive difference to performance but does require a longer heat up time but it can run all day long and never turns off!

I am also STOKED that @MGG likes it so much again!!
And once again I would like to apologize for my lackluster speed with this repair.
Just happy that it all worked out in the end and you are rocking your OG again!!!

medicalmark

Medicalmark
I have a first gen cloud but need a new heater but have everything else I loved this thing but it started loosing heat so I baught a evo and gave it to my son now I wish I could fix my old cloud.
Send me a heater brother

Cheers medmark

medicalmark,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

MGG

@MGG and FC Community!

This has been the most challenging Cloud to repair to date!
We decided to go all out on this bad boy from the start but my plans fell short...
The repair took a long time to perfect and i wasted a lot of time with life, moving house etc...

Originally the idea was to just repair the Clouds heater and have it work as standard, although it's full potential would never be reached. I thought the new heater would be able to be driven by
@MGG e-nail controller, but that trip was a bust as it seemed to just overheat and then not work at all.

Everything was sent back to me to repair and figure out.
I bought out a hardware store of it's fuses as I was constantly blowing the fuse on the controller or the voltage converter! Seriously frustrating stuff when nothing seemed to work.

In the end, the final result is basically my old Cloud unit with a new heater and thermocouple and my Auberins RDK-200 controller, as well as fancy Aerogel insulation and the super old ceramic ring they had around the heaters. This thing has so much mass around the heater and so much insulation keeping the heat focused on the bamboo!!
Makes a massive difference to performance but does require a longer heat up time but it can run all day long and never turns off!

I am also STOKED that @MGG likes it so much again!!
And once again I would like to apologize for my lackluster speed with this repair.
Just happy that it all worked out in the end and you are rocking your OG again!!!

Absolutely no apology needed whatsoever! you are a god for helping me out and i'm so happy to have my cloud back and working better than ever.

mistergyro

Can any kind soul fix my unit? I have both the OG cloud and EVO and they're both not working. I'm miss them dearly.

mistergyro,

JackDeaniels

Vapor Freak
Heya,
I have purchased a second hand Cloud Evo back in January 2020
It was the American 110V version, and I knew it
But before plugging it to the very convenient stepdown adapter I already had anyway, I took a look at the power intake, and engraved within it is "≤240V 10A"
So I figured, fuck it, I'll just plug it in my 220V wall
Clearly, not a good idea. In fact, it might be the worst mistake I ever made as a vape noob

The moment it turned on, it started smoking. Obviously, the circuit was fried.
I sent an Email to VapeXhale asking about warranty, and they told me that they don't handle second-hand devices and that my warranty is voided. Requested I handle shipment and pay them an additional $100 repairs

I disassembled the device and found that fortunately, only a single part got destroyed
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out the exact replacement for it
Being rather depressed (IRL, not over a vape, sad as it is) I left it for three years in a grave drawer

Here's the circuit board:
099-A3-BE6-37-D0-4-CAF-875-B-762000-FCC7-F8-1-105-c.jpg

As can be seen, it's that blue thingy
I believe I may just need to swap that for a new one, solder it on the board and blaze it - Truly not something worth waiting three years for....

Can anyone, using their vaporiser, help me figure out what I need to get in order to get my device working again?
I haven't even gotten to try it, price of stupidity

Also, a tad embarrassing, after three years, I seem to have forgotten how to actually take apart that circuit board from the unit housing so that I can access the parts on it 😅 How do I detach this?
4-CD6-D0-F4-50-A5-41-CA-B5-C4-DEF7-E250-F089-1-105-c.jpg

Thanks a lot, and a happy 420 to all!

JackDeaniels,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
Heya,
I have purchased a second hand Cloud Evo back in January 2020
It was the American 110V version, and I knew it
But before plugging it to the very convenient stepdown adapter I already had anyway, I took a look at the power intake, and engraved within it is "≤240V 10A"
So I figured, fuck it, I'll just plug it in my 220V wall
Clearly, not a good idea. In fact, it might be the worst mistake I ever made as a vape noob

The moment it turned on, it started smoking. Obviously, the circuit was fried.
I sent an Email to VapeXhale asking about warranty, and they told me that they don't handle second-hand devices and that my warranty is voided. Requested I handle shipment and pay them an additional $100 repairs

I disassembled the device and found that fortunately, only a single part got destroyed
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out the exact replacement for it
Being rather depressed (IRL, not over a vape, sad as it is) I left it for three years in a grave drawer

Here's the circuit board:
099-A3-BE6-37-D0-4-CAF-875-B-762000-FCC7-F8-1-105-c.jpg

As can be seen, it's that blue thingy
I believe I may just need to swap that for a new one, solder it on the board and blaze it - Truly not something worth waiting three years for....

Can anyone, using their vaporiser, help me figure out what I need to get in order to get my device working again?
I haven't even gotten to try it, price of stupidity

Also, a tad embarrassing, after three years, I seem to have forgotten how to actually take apart that circuit board from the unit housing so that I can access the parts on it 😅 How do I detach this?
4-CD6-D0-F4-50-A5-41-CA-B5-C4-DEF7-E250-F089-1-105-c.jpg

Thanks a lot, and a happy 420 to all!
I think I have a spare circuit board at home from a broken Cloud!
On vacation for another 2 or so weeks and will get back to you.

Just pay shipping and I have no problem giving it to you! It's a 110v board.

Top Bottom