Cloud Phantom by CloudVapes

NimbusVapor

I cant find a breakdown of components in the air path or what the heating element is made out of.
I like the looks of it but I dont like how it doesnt disclose anything about materials.

NimbusVapor,

Baro_On

The chamber is stainless steel. Same for the filter. Thats all i know.

Baro_On,

vapelvr

Maybe. But maybe its just because its better. You can use one while the other one is charging. I asked the customer service if its ok to use other 18500 with maybe higher mah but they say they RECOMMEND to use the batteries that comes with the unit. I think it should be no problem to take 18500 with same mah and i dont think it will be a problem to use higher mah. I think ill test that when my beauty arrives :)
Could you indicate the specs or include a pic of the battery? I picked up an identical model the other day but it didn't have a battery and I assumed it would be an 18650. I need to pick up a battery so I can try this baby. If anyone can help with the specs, volts and mah I guess, not sure what else I need to know. If anyone can help, thank you in advance!!

vapelvr,

Unisonruss

I own this vape. It's nice, I like it. Good size, not too heavy. Super simple to use. It's not even close to being the worst vape I've ever owned, but it's still not as good as some of my favorites. The clouds are great, but the vapor does get pretty hot. It's default is 410 degrees...a bit too hot. This thing needs a bubbler accessory...hopefully they're going to make one (similar to what they offer for their cloud vapes for concentrates). Also, it shuts off automatically after a minute, so you're constantly forced to turn it back on during your session. It's a great one to break out when you're in a group however, because it's so easy to use, and the clouds are pretty nice, too. It's a crowd-pleaser, you just have to tell people to check if the blue light is on before they draw.

Unisonruss,

Baro_On

Also, it shuts off automatically after a minute

Nope. After 2 Minutes. But yes thats kinda short too.

Could you indicate the specs or include a pic of the battery? I picked up an identical model the other day but it didn't have a battery and I assumed it would be an 18650. I need to pick up a battery so I can try this baby. If anyone can help with the specs, volts and mah I guess, not sure what else I need to know. If anyone can help, thank you in advance!!

On the original Phantom Battery it says: "ICR18500, 1300 mAh, 3,7V, 10C".

I got mine few days ago and im loving it so far! Ill give a more detailed review in some days ;)

smithwonder

The chamber is stainless steel. Same for the filter. Thats all i know.
Not stainless steel, it should be stainless iron.

Imag+ temp starts at 374 actually, then 410 and 446.

I'm still pretty damn sure this is an original Imag/xmax rebrand. I don't know who vape life is but it sounds like he's easily amazed.

Elevape is amazing, logs are amazing, im sure Crafty and Cloud Evo are amazing, but a cheap Chinese conduction pen rebrand, even though it is perfectly fine, is not very amazing at all in my opinion...

XMAX V1 and CLOUD PHANTOM are both rebranded IMAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
smithwonder,

Baro_On

Not stainless steel, it should be stainless iron.

XMAX V1 and CLOUD PHANTOM are both rebranded IMAG.

Maybe its iron. AND IF ITS A REBRAND? WHO CARES? ITS AN AMAZING VAPE! Who cares about what name is on it? I think thats really kinda dumb to talk against that.

mod note: please review the 'Be nice' section of the rules page. You DID agree to abide by the rules when you registered.

Baro_On,
Reactions: olfos

olfos

that´s no smoke....it´s called vapor
rebrand or not that is not the question
i just like to mention
that this vape makes me feel amazed
no matter if it´s kush, acid or haze!

sorry guys....it just came to my mind!

olfos,

olfos

that´s no smoke....it´s called vapor
so after 2 months of heavy usage I have to admit, that this is my vape for the road! two charged batteries (possibility to stay overnight), easy to fill up, easy to use, easy to maintain! unfortunately the mouthpieces are sold out...love to have a backup.
could someone post sa link to the possible original if this one is a rebrand....

olfos,

Meach

Ok so according to imag... phantom is a rebrand but I've checked out clouds website recently some nice water tools available at decent prices...if they are all interchangeable that would nice

Meach,

Baro_On

Yes of course the Imag is the original Unit. But the point is, that its an completely legal rebrand that is accepted from the orignal developers. They are kinda working together to bring this unit to the US too. And no it dont cost more from CloudV than the original. The company itself have a great customs service and ship really fast even to germany. Only downside is that some parts get sold out often, maybe cause they arent that big as company, dunno. So if you decide to get this fucking amazing piece than better get some more mouthpieces just for the case^^

My english isnt that good but ill try my best to give you as much informations as possible. But im still plannin on doing a video review, if i can get the needed hardware to do it in hd and stuff. Want to do it right if i do it.

First to say. This unit is amazing. Im daily user, 3 times per day on most days, and i searched for a unit that you can use even in public cause i love to get high on different places. And i wanted a vape that gets all out of my herbs cause in germany its not that easy to get the godly herb so you want to use it completely. Taste isnt my biggest point cause for me its more important to get all out of the weed. You see the phantom was the vape is searched for and im more than impressed. I used a Vapir NO2 for years before that, a amazing underrated vape in my eyes, that still works like a charm after 3 years. But because of its size and shape you just cant use it in public. You know what i mean if you know how it looks :D When it comes to vaporquality the NO2 set my expectations really high. Used it on 195 celsius and loved it, as said before, for years^^
Now to the phantom after you know a bit about what i wanted and searched. You can see in my posts before how long i use it now and im amazed since day one. This thing is just the beast that vapelifewill was talking about. Even the Vapecritic reviewed it now and gave it a really good rating. And hes the guy that i trust when it comes to vapes :p

I start with the not most important one :p.

The look:
The Unit just looks like an electronic cigarette. All people i showed it said at the first that it is a e-cig after i asked them. It looks and feels really quality crafted and durable. The Black is just elegant and in my eyes really beautiful. The mouthpiece is the only plastic part in this vape, but it still feels durable and well made. It have the only filter inside that this unit needs and is made of rustless iron, the same material what the heating chamber is made of. It just snaps on the top of the unit with an rubber ring to make it tight what works good, but its not that tight that you can just throw it in your pockets without beeing worried bout it to open and spill all your herbs. A thread would be better at this point but there are ways to resolve this. Ill come to that later again. The body is made of iron too, same for the tail- cap. The thread for this cap is really well cutted out and seems to be durable like the other parts, what is important cause you change the batterys more often than in a e-cig. Still the battery- lifetime is really good and enough. Ill come to that later too. The Button is stable inside of the body and feels nice to press. I hope that this part is really as durable as it feels cause you press this button a fuckin lot :D It have a light that is red while heating up and blue when it has reached the temperature, it can blink too when the battery is empty. It dont wanrs you before, it just gets slightly darker when the battery runs out. I have to mention at this point, for all those that saw the review of the vapecritic, that he seemed to have an broken or old version of the unit. Cause the light is really dark and hard to see in his video an he calls it as a downside. At my unit its bright as it needs. Just to mention^^
The inside of the heatingchamber have 4 tiny holes on the sides, not at the bottom whats is much better than the NO2 cause the NO2 needs two screens cause it have the airflow at the bottom. I was curious bout the iron the chamber is made of but its really nice. Its really smooth and nothing can stick easy on it cause of that.

The use:
Its easy as it is. 1 heatsetting, 2 parts, 3 clicks to turn on and off. That is really all you need to know for using it the normal way. The chamber can hold like 0.2-0.3 of fine grinded herbs. You can max that to 0.4 if you push it harder. But thats just waste i think cause one full chamber is more than enough to "heal" you! Im serious :D But it can easy handle it when you pack it tighter and i recommend a method that i found to be the best way to even maximize the awesome performance of this unit. Just to share that fast: pack the chamber full to the top and use the tool they give you to push it down and tighten it up a bit. not too tight but tight. You will get that fast. I tested it this way and was blown away for hours after that cause it even make the big clouds bigger and better :) But while you use it this way and you pull, you loose it up and you dont want that cause you want that clouds :p So what i did was i took a normal screen for pipes and just shaped it like a basket that fits tight in the chamber. I put this screen on top of the pushed herbs and it holds them down for the whole session to make sure you get everything you can get with every pull. And that not just highers up the quality and the amount of vapor it solves the problem with the mouthpiece too that i mentioned before. Cause the screen holds the herb inside even if the cap flips of :p The mouthpiece is placed on the unit strong enough for usage and putting it an a tight pocket where it dont moves much. But as i said not enough for throwing in a big pocket or stuff^^ Another downside that some users talk about is the filter that get clogged up after some time. And at this downside my second screen solves it again. Cause the herbs dont touch the mouthpiece screen, it is a lot easier to clean. Im heavy user and my mouthpieces looks like day 1. That says all i think.
You can take long draws if you have iron lungs but the vaporproduction is so strong that smaller hits are enough to fill you^^ The pulls are strong and strong until the end, with my packing technique. Without my advanced usage it works well too but you will feel the difference ;) The temperature is a big downside for some people because they say its harsh or hot. Its not for me and i only vaped at 195 with my NO2. This one is on 215 celsius and i have to say that i was a little bit worried bout this high temperature. But because its true vaporisation there is no combustion just big clouds. I had to get used to it a bit, but its so nice to do and feel that huge clouds that i was going to love that really fast. The only part where the heat is not good is the mouthpiece. If you take long draws it gets hot, not at the start of a session but after some time. It gets too hot. If you pull it really strong after it was turned on for about 10 minutes its close to burn your lips. I change the position of the mouthpiece between my lips to make it easier but thats my only downside on this vaporizer so i can life with that easy. And it only happens when the herb is close to be done anyways. So who cares^^
Yes its like 10 Minutes of big clouds with normal quality weed until the clouds gets lighter. You can pull it until there is really no vape coming out of it anymore and the herb is dark brown and dry like sand. There is really close to nothing left in there and you can see that. But i have to repeat, there is no black in the herbs :) I just repeat it cause it was so hard for me believing that theres no combustion after i saw the clouds in the videos :p But its true, it just pulls out everything cause of the high temperature. The unit itself gets really warm too while you use it but only on the upper half. There is enough space to hold it good in your hand without have you to touch the hot side. My longest session was about 30 minutes with 2 full loaded chambers (i was kinda braindead after that :D) and the unit can handle that easy. I dont think that it can overheat or shit. It gets to one really hot point but not above.
The batterys do a good job aswell. The unit comes with 2 of them and a handy little charger for usb ports. The charger needs about 3 hours to recharge the battery. The battery lasts for about an hour of being turned on. So if you have both batterys fully loaded you can do about 10-12 session depending on how good your weed is and how much it contains that vaporates ;) I have really amazing weed right now and the session can go to 20 Minutes if you vape until there is nothing to vape anymore. The unit turns off after 2 minutes. This is a really short time, especially if you turn it on for the first time cause the heat up time is in that 2 minutes^^ The unit takes 60 secs to heat up with fully charged battery and 90 secs max if the battery gets weak. So sometimes the unit heats up and shuts down after you pulled once cause the 2 minutes are over. I dont really know why they set this so low, maybe for battery saving. You get used to that too but sometimes you pull a powered down vape and look like an idiot blowing out hot air only cause you dont noticed it to shut off :D But as i said you get used to that but this makes you press the button really often :D
Last thing i want to talk about here is the airflow. The unit have 2 small holes on the upper half of the unit and 4 tiny holes in the inside of the chamber. There is a draw resistance and its not that soft to pull but as i mentioned before its not necessary to pull hard cause of the high vapor production. The hot air reaches every spot of the chamber and the herbs gets baked really even. Cause of this only two really small holes outside of the unit you can use it in rain or snow without worry about the unit. Thats just what i love, you can use it everywhere at anytime :)
I used it in the middle of my city at daytime and no one cared. Sometimes someone look but think thats just an e-cig and dont care anymore. The smell of the vapor is light and fades away fast. And im from germany, weed inst legal here and you can get arrested for this. But i really dont worry with this unit. No one will ever know :p

The cleaning:
Is really easy to do if you know how. The second screen that i use holds the herbs down so theres only "oil" at the mouthpiece filter after use. Its really important to clean it when its hot. Cause than its much easier cause the oil isnt that sticky. Blow in the mouthpiece as hard as you can to blow out all what build up on the screen. clean it with a bit wet piece of paper and a dry one after. It takes not even a minute and it looks like out of the box after that. But i think there will be a time where that wont be enough. Maybe after a year of use or so it will get clogged. Just use rubbing alcohol than. Or buy a new one, they arent that expensive. And they are back in stock btw^^ You can clean the inside of the chamber while its hot with paper that you stick tight in and turn a bit. Or just wait until the unit is cooled down and use the brush that come with the unit. I do this after each use, if im at home, but i dont think that this is really necessary. Once in 3 days would work too i think. If i say "paper" i mean a cloth out of paper ofc.

So ill end it here now. I wrote this in one take and i hope its not too horrible to read. As i said my english isnt the best. Dont judge grammar and stuff please :p
I hope i dont forgot anything important. Just ask me if there are any questions. I wanted to make this a lot shorter first but i think that this amazing device deserved more.

In the end i can say that i would recommend this vaporizer to just anyone. Yes its small and easy to travel with but the good performance is much better than most of the homeunits out there so its just nice overall. And this for a really good prize. They are doing christmas- sale right now where you get -15%, just to let you know ;)

Thanks for your attention and keep the vape flowing <3

Merry christmas to all of you :)

Baro_On

So im back with... bad news... My unit died today. It just dont heates up anymore. It got hotter and hotter yesterday in a normal session and i think that killed it... Ill contact the customers service now... Looks like its the normal chinese crap like usual... sad...

Baro_On,

vapelvr

Nope. After 2 Minutes. But yes thats kinda short too.

On the original Phantom Battery it says: "ICR18500, 1300 mAh, 3,7V, 10C".

I got mine few days ago and im loving it so far! Ill give a more detailed review in some days ;)

THank you for the reply BTW! I found a battery and have found this to be great for quick trips and short time periods for a few good draws. The auto shutoff seemed annoying at first but makes sense and is practical once you get used to how many hits you can take before it shuts off and have to restart it.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Wait a moment! Its not that easy in my eyes. Yes the chassis looks the same but the heating chamber is bigger, there is only one temp and the battery is replacable! That are huge differences and i dont think you can just call it a rebrand. And CloudV ist not one of this typical rebranding companys i think. im not a real fanboy yet cause im waiting for my phantom to arrive but the review of vapelife sounds amazing! And if the vape is as good as it sound idc if there is a chines vape that looks the same. And btw, is it proven that the phantom wasnt there BEFORE the IMAG+?
I couldnt pass this post up... "And CloudV ist not one of this typical rebranding companys i think." WRONG! If anything CloudV is one of the original Rebranding companies." Their entire company was built upon the ovale elipse which is the original cloud pen. And when things went south the business owners split and both tried keeping the name and product. Shady shady shady...

Mynameismud,

gnajhar

Has anyone tried the new Cloud Phantom Mini? About the Phantom, does anyone that has it and the Magic Flight Launch Box can give me comparisons? I'm kinda stuck in a decision. Thanks a lot!!!

gnajhar,

Unisonruss

Has anyone tried the new Cloud Phantom Mini? About the Phantom, does anyone that has it and the Magic Flight Launch Box can give me comparisons? I'm kinda stuck in a decision. Thanks a lot!!!
The MFLB and this one are very different...it's like comparing wine to beer. Both good, just different. The phantom does produce more vapor than the MFLB, and it's convection. The phantom also holds more herb per session. MFLB is conduction+convection heating (heavy on the conduction side), and the vapor tends to be on the lighter side...t's still quite effective. The wood of the MFLB a also changes the flavor slightly, the phantom keeps it pretty pure tasting. MFLB vapor is pretty much on demand, just put in the battery. With phantom, you need to allow it to heat up. And lastly, the phantom has a shutoff timer, I hate that. Wish I could turn that feature off.

Neither are top shelf vapes, but are good enough to get the job done. If you twisted my arm I would go with the MFLB, as it's smaller, and it's cool. There's a technique to learn, and it's a better experience since you must perfect it. It's also incredibly portable, and it's super simple to keep extra batteries around you instead of worrying about keeping a single unit charged. Hope that helps!

Unisonruss,

Burken

So no one has any experiences to share about the Mini? I need something stealthy and cheap, but would like to know how many hits you get out of that small bowl before making the purchase.

Burken,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Cloud Penz can't be all bad if they are having Errlectric make a Cloud branded enail.
XS1WHAL.jpg

KWest

So no one has any experiences to share about the Mini? I need something stealthy and cheap, but would like to know how many hits you get out of that small bowl before making the purchase.

10 hits per bowl.

KWest,
Top Bottom