• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cloud-chaser: Derogatory term or innocent classification?

luchiano

t-dub, the highs are FAR from little, trust me. Anyway, I gave you an option to try. It's on you to use it. Peace.

luchiano,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
t-dub, the highs are FAR from little, trust me. Anyway, I gave you an option to try. It's on you to use it. Peace.
Once again, you assume I haven't tried already . . . :peace: to you brother as well :) the highs do change over time. I guess my needs are medicine, all of it fast, please ring my body like a bell. The head for me can be a distraction, and sometimes when you are sick and vape the wrong strain or can't obtain the right one, then you can just be sick and high (not what I consider medicated), and that is not fun either . . . so its so subjective and thats why I think grouping and labeling people should be avoided.

lwien

..so its so subjective and thats why I think grouping and labeling people should be avoided.

Agreed.

Luchiano, you seem to make general statements that you ASSUME will be appropriate for everyone. We are all different. Our body chemistry's are so different that what may be true for one, may not be true for another.

The medical community is just now working on this and is now doing research with some success into target methodologies for treating each person via their own personal DNA makeup. Personalized medicine, if you will. Many research scientists and doctors are now saying that drug therapies based on generalizations could very well be the most disastrous thing that has ever been perpetuated by the medical community, both in terms of cost and affect.

If this is true for pharmaceuticals, than it would only be logical that it would also be true for cannabis as well.

luchiano

Once again, you assume I haven't tried already . . . :peace: to you brother as well :) the highs do change over time. I guess my needs are medicine, all of it fast, please ring my body like a bell. The head for me can be a distraction, and sometimes when you are sick and vape the wrong strain or can't obtain the right one, then you can just be sick and high (not what I consider medicated), and that is not fun either . . . so its so subjective and thats why I think grouping and labeling people should be avoided.

I wish someone would have told me about the technique because I have NEVER heard of it being used. I just put it together for myself. The only thing I ever heard was inhale for at least 10 seconds while vaping, NOT to continue inhaling fresh air, for at least 20 seconds after the you got the vapor extracted. That made a big change for me. For me the effects are still fast, that is the whole point of using a vaporizer, besides health, and concentration. If I want ultra effects I would eat the herb with my food as this is the best, it's just not that fast, and you need certain foods to be eaten with it to get the best effects. Plus I want to taste the herb itself.

Agreed.

Luchiano, you seem to make general statements that you ASSUME will be appropriate for everyone. We are all different. Our body chemistry's are so different that what may be true for one, may not be true for another.

The medical community is just now working on this and are now doing research with some success into target methodologies for treating each person via their own personal DNA makeup. Many research scientists and doctors are now saying that drug therapies based on generalizations could very well be the most disastrous thing that has ever been perpetuated by the medical community, both in terms of cost and affect.

If this is true for pharmaceuticals, than it would only be logical that it would also be true for cannabis as well.

Again, I'm talking about using vaporizers, not just cannabis. The vapor can be from chamomille, but the use is still the same. The goal is to take in as much actives as you can for the best effect. I'm giving a technique on how to do this. T-dub stated he did this already, cool, but I never heard it before, and I LOVE IT. I'm trying to get my body to use as much actives as it can, and to do this I need to take in enough actives along with oxygen, because without oxygen, nothing is going to happen, at least at it's optimum. Taking in a lot of oxygen along with a concentrated amount of actives will get you where you need to be, but obviously some don't like this. more power to them, but I love it, and want to spread it out to others who will like it, because like I stated I never heard of this, so there are others who are the same way. Just giving a different option.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

luchiano,
Reactions: Kief

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Edibles can be great for pain, but that 6 hour ride is cumbersome day in and day out. The vape train is a little more adjustable, and edibles really do nothing for my nausea and metabolic/homeostatic discomfort, which needs a quick, inhaled solution. Blood pressure and chronic inflammation probably are ok with full time edible use, not sure though. Keep experimenting, let your body be your guide. I try to be still and listen to what it has to say. A lot of times its screaming at me so its not hard to hear.

t-dub,

luchiano

t-dub, that is why I stated eating cannabis is best when taking with certain foods. For example the nausea can be dealt with by taking ginger with the cannabis. I don't really agree with people taking edibles that are popular because a lot of the ingredients promote inflammation like white sugar, fats without minerals & protein, so the fats can be used properly, and very little soluble fiber for slow, and consistent absorption. When I mention eating cannabis, I mean to eat it with my food, as I see cannabis as a herb that goes with other foods.

luchiano,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Dude, ginger is an anti-nausea thing all on its own, very powerful. Many of us drink ginger ale. Anything from the cannabis is an hour away after you eat it. For nausea this is impractical. You are experiencing the effects, at least at first, of just the ginger, imho.:)

t-dub,
Reactions: Vicki

luchiano

t-dub, I know this. If you know you get nausea, the point is to prevent it before it happens, not wait for it to happen, then do something about it. That is why I stated eating is best. You take everything in, and because you are dealing with everything on a deeper level then smoking/vaping due to the herb going throughout all of the body, your issues are dealt with for a long time. The thing is in order to get these effects you have to learn how to eat, which means a lot of people have to change their diet, and everyone is not willing to let go of those bon bons or chocolate milk. This is why edibles are sold in the forms they are sold in, they are familiar to most people.

luchiano,

lwien

.... which means a lot of people have to change their diet, and everyone is not willing to let go of those bon bons or chocolate milk. This is why edibles are sold in the forms they are sold in, they are familiar to most people.

And God forbid if they are diabetic. It seems like every dispensary that has edibles, those edibles are LOADED with sugar. Every damn one of them.

Here is a complete menu list from the dispensary I'm currently using. The prices are overpriced, but look at the fucking list:

Edible

20X Brownie with Snickers
15ea.
new
20X Brownie with Twix
15ea.
new
20X Brownie with M&M
15ea.
new
20X brownie Orginal
15ea.
new
15x Chocolate Chip Cookie
12ea.
new
10x Brownie with Snickers
10ea.
new
10X Brownie with Reeses
10ea.
new
10X Brownie with M&M
10ea.
new
10X Brownie with Twix
10ea.
new
10X Brownie with Oreos
10ea.
new
10X Monster Canna Treat (Reeses Puffs)
10ea.
new
10X Monster Canna Treat (Captain Crunch)
10ea.
new
Canna Treats (Captain Crunch) (3 for $12)
5ea.
new
1 for $5 or 3 for $12
Canna Treats (Reeses Puffs) (3 for $12)
5ea.
new
1 for $5 or 3 for $12
Canna Treats (Fruit Loops) (3 for $12)
5ea.
1 for $5 or 3 for $12

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
t-dub, I know this. If you know you get nausea, the point is to prevent it before it happens, not wait for it to happen, then do something about it. That is why I stated eating is best. You take everything in, and because it last so long, your issues are dealt with for a long time. The thing is in order to get these effects you have to learn how to eat, which means a lot of people have to change their diet, and everyone is not willing to let go of those bon bons or chocolate milk. This is why edibles are sold in the forms they are sold in, they are familiar to most people.
We are in different worlds my friend. I'm not just a chemo patient, the prescription pills are entering the double digit zone. My immune system is altered and suppressed by genetically engineered components. Your advice is great for everyone, diet is important, thats why I eat a paleolithic diet, but to suggest that my problems would be solved by your method is sophomoric, and I mean that nicely.

luchiano

t-dub, I didn't make those statement towards you specifically. It was about the subject of... man forget it. You're right.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Dude, ginger is an anti-nausea thing all on its own, very powerful. Many of us drink ginger ale. Anything from the cannabis is an hour away after you eat it. For nausea this is impractical. You are experiencing the effects, at least at first, of just the ginger, imho.:)

I concur. Ginger ale is my go to drink because I have nausea on almost a daily basis. I use both daily to combat the nausea, but I always use ginger ale first.

Vicki,
Reactions: t-dub

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I don't understand what you said different from what i said. :hmm:

My point is, you can achieve the same sedative effect regardless of how much you use.

Meaning, you don't need to load a lot to achieve only sedative properties, you just need to vape at high temperatures from the start of the load, whether it is big or small.

After rereading vorrange I went :doh: that was very obviously what you stated, don't know where the heck I was :lol: while I agree partially with your statement I think that:
A-people who aren't cloud chasing tend to start low and work their way up so they are not generating what they feel is excess vapor. High temp settings from the start of the load will give you "clouds" unless the load is very small which brings me to......
B-small load sizes can give you inconsistent heat in some vapes particularly on convection designs where the airflow is directly affecting the heat with the resistance of the load in place.

Puffers,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
After rereading vorrange I went :doh: that was very obviously what you stated, don't know where the heck I was :lol: while I agree partially with your statement I think that:
A-people who aren't cloud chasing tend to start low and work their way up so they are not generating what they feel is excess vapor. High temp settings from the start of the load will give you "clouds" unless the load is very small which brings me to......
B-small load sizes can give you inconsistent heat in some vapes particularly on convection designs where the airflow is directly affecting the heat with the resistance of the load in place.

I agree.

Its because of B that i like log vapes so much, not that the volume of vapour is the same as a Heavy hitter, but you can get some lung busting hits with very tiny amounts.. obviously it's spent in 2-3 hits but still.. it is a good way to have the best of both worlds at least according to my own expectations.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
clouds ... sigh. dispensary ... sigh.

i'm not particularly a cloud chaser, and most of what i vape is pretty mediocre ... so those few times when some Northern Lights or Purple Haze (so they say) fills the vial, and a very nice cloud comes out, it always brings a smile to my face ... it's automatic. Sublimely satisfying.

wootze

Late to the party.
Over 3 million years ago homo erectus tamed fire.
This changed the game in all the ways you can imagine.

So now, we have a very deep connection to clouds of vapor.
It's about as simple as that.

Also there is a definite connection between degrees of heat and extraction. So there's that.

wootze,

Smokelover2Vape

Its good to have these discussions though. There shouldnt be any hostility in the community

I consider all use of herbs to be medicinal. For me, at least. I have chronic anxiety disorder, herb is the only thing that helps. I don't want a Xanax addiction, I want to use what works for me and what I know has no harmful side effects. Maybe it's a thin line for some to cross, medical vs recreational, but the #1 reason recreational users like herb is to relieve stress. Is it as "important" as its use as an antiemetic or antinausea medicine? If you're the one who is suffering then you will probably say "yes". We need to support each other, there are so many ignorant haters who do not understand how this medicine helps us, and there are a lot more of "them" than there are of "us". We need to get each other's back. That baing said, from a legal standpoint I do think compassionate use is a #1 priority, there are people who will die without the stuff and they should not have to choose between the law and their life. But ultimately, I think we should be able to make our OWN decisions on our health, with our doctors, and politicians should not get a say. Heh hi everybody, Smokelover2vape here, smoke a lot of herb and am switching to vapor. Like this community a lot.

Smokelover2Vape,

elevation

I also mentioned "cloud chaser" on here once. As in "I guess im not much of a cloud chaser".
To me a cloud chaser means someone that likes big clouds. I refer to the users that like to get big clouds on exhale when i say this. I know there are a lot of medical users on here.

To me this is only a good thing. Medical users make me aware of the healing properties of this plant. I would recommend vaping over smoking for any person that thinks about using the plant for medicinal use.

As fas as vaporizers goes we should really be thankful for the medicinal users, because they are the ones that are going to set the bar high for safety.

If "cloud chaser" is an offensive term, what do you guys think we should use as alternative?

:peace:

elevation,

ou812?

I can admit,I love clouds, it must be to me that I think my vape is running very efficient. I was at a buds house and were were using a Whispr....no offense to those who do, but try as I might, couldnt get decently baked with it,not really a producer in my book,this is only my opinion. Im sure they work but damn Im spoiled by the Solo,which it does produce CLOUDS if you want it too, thats the beauty of that beast.I like to sip and relax also, but there are days when what Im feeling will not pass unless I take in a large dose of THC quickly.Im also the kind of nut that says to himself hold it in for more saturation of the drug.

For those who use the term negatively ....shame on you! To each his own,the world is already ugly with folks who judge with out having any knowledge or insight to as why some do what they do. In retrospect I listen to all and I take what I like from those experiences and what i do not like I leave behind and try to understand the whole picture not just what bothered me or what I didnt understand. Its called having an open mind, and like parachutes will not work unless open :2c: :peace:

Last edited:
ou812?,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If "cloud chaser" is an offensive term, what do you guys think we should use as alternative?
Not sure but I can give 2 recent examples of what NOT to use. Not naming names or quoting posts but the terms "abusers" and "binge drinkers" have been used lately . . . :rolleyes:

You folks out there that use terms like these, take heed, we pay attention, we notice, and we report.

max

Out to lunch
Not naming names or quoting posts but the terms "abusers" and "binge drinkers" have been used lately . . . :rolleyes:
And using terms like those convey that you're passing judgement in a negative way, and could be viewed as a violation of the 'be nice' section of the rules.

Good question. Off hand, I don't have a good answer, as far as a label or nickname.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
There is a certain amount of class lacking with those terms... ;)

Back in the day we used to call people to took large hits... heavy hitters.

One of the things I am learning in my herbalist apprenticeship is that every person is different, and we should NEVER assume that what we have learned or know applies to every person. You have to go to great lengths and take extreme caution when preforming diagnosis and treatment. One supplement or pill they are on might interact with an herb, so a formulation that works for one person might cause damage/harm to someone else.

The same principle should apply to cannabis. We all react differently to cannabis. We all need different techniques/devices/amounts/strains/temperatures/grinds/packs/draws/#sessions... I could go on, the number of variables that leads to someones "satisfying" session is immense. You should never assume that what you know or what you experience is applicable when applied to others. What works for you, might cause harm to others and vice versa.

lwien

There is a certain amount of class lacking with those terms... ;)

We all react differently to cannabis.

Ok, I'll clean up a bit.

At one time, I used to be an efficiency whore.
Now...........I'm a cloud collector. (naw..........cloud slut just fits a bit better)

Deleted "cloud fuckers" 'cause that was just a bit uncouth but it did kinda have a nice ring to it. :cool:

Top Bottom