Clear Dome glass

purplechango

highendvapes said:
Eh clear dome, sweet glass. Hey how did you get the bowdown to the pd gif in you signature. That is absolutly awesome.
when you post a reply....look towards the bottom of the text box and click on the link that says Smilies...... it will show you an entire list of smileys.....PD included and others

purplechango,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
haha when you look at the sign your like ear dome?? what the fuckkk ohh lear dome, what the fuck??? OHHH cclleaaar dooome

cool glass though props, I will definitely be trying to pick up some custom shit I've got in mind for my extreme when you're ready for it.

bluntfaced,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I should start to take custom order for elbow/bong connector and diffuser/downstem in about 2 weeks and I'll start to make some water/ice filters this week and I'll post it here , so if you find something sexy let it me know via email .

Thanks

Clear_Dome,

Squeeky

<- - - GETS IN LINE !

I have always wanted custom glass for my extreme. Please let me know when and what becomes available.

Squeeky,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Clear Dome! :D

I had a great idea today. I have been using two glass pieces that I attach to a PD stem which was cut off at the base of the stainless silver tip and sanded down. Both glass parts are attached by 2" of silicone tubing (we soak the tubing in hot water to get it over the remaining PD stem and the glass attachment, making a near-perfect stainless steel and glass path :D ).

One has a glass mouthpiece and the other has a GonG joint.

This could be a good way for you to make money making something simple that many may really enjoy AND could be something that Tom could work on in his while he is in recovery (to prevent him from getting ancy and spinning wood too soon ;) ).

You could do what Blazemaster has done for the VHW bowl to the PD stems. :D

I'd want one more from you if you made them (clear but shaped just like the part of the PD stem that was cut off). :brow:

Hope all is well in the dome! :)

Toke it easy! :cool:

Progress,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I got good news yesterday , I have found a new place to move my glass shop , big time :) , I will get way more time to melt this way and I also found a mate that want to learn how to melt glass , he is an electrical engeneer so I'm sure soon we will built some top notch vapo :) ....

This is the last piece I made , a nice water tool (dubble bubler , shower perc'd, and 10 hole diffy in the big can ) but sadly the second day that I got to work on it , just before I cut the mouth piece and put the bub to the kiln for anneal the #$%#?% door of my %$#?#$ kiln hit the mounth piece really hard , so the whole piece hit the kiln's heater and broke in 4 piece :/ ...anyway it was fun to built , that was my 1 year glass blowing birtday piece, this bub is like 10''x12'' or near

more soon

Clear_Dome,

daninator

That bubbler is insane. That diffy looks really narrow in the picture, maybe using a 18mm joint would allow it to be wider. Very nice showerhead.

daninator,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
the stem is 10 mm cause I did'nt got 12-14 at this time ...

some random pix of my last pieces :

and those was my last pieces for some time , on october 1st I'll get the keys of my new shop :D and will have to work on it for at least a month , time to make new benchs , ventilation and other things ... but when I'll been set I will be able to make 10 time the production I do right now so I should be able to feed the demand :) youhou

Clear_Dome,

daninator

That would be why it looks so narrow. I thought you blew the tubes for the diffy, but they come like that? I really don't know much about glassblowing.

Very nice stemless.

daninator,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah I'm pretty sure he just worked a glass tube with that one. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes down. He just closes one end and the makes the diffy then Works the gong joint on the other. I could be waaaaay of but that way makes sense in my head

minnesnowta,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yeah in fact you buy the same stuck as scientific glass blower , such as glass on glass and borisilicate (Pyrex) tube from many size from 2 to 250+ mm x 59 inches, than you cut ,work and blow them to make bong , spoon , bowl ... there is also glass colored rods and tubes that you can use too...

As for the downstems , they are just a glass on glass welded with a piece of tubing (from 10 to 16 mm) and than if you want to diffuse them you just have to cut with a diamond saw some slits ...it look simple but it is not lol cut when you heat borosilicate with a torch it can came soft as hot fudge so you always have to spin it .

check by yourself ;) here is a video made by el hefe , he make a pipe/bowl section , it is call a reticello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QZJsgQXehI

Clear_Dome,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
That video is so cool to watch. I would love to find someone local that could teach me to blow glass. The nearest blower that I know is like 3 hours away.
Hey Clear Dome, hows the new shop?:peace:

highendvapes,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Holy crap i've never watched it in progress. That's freaking awesome. I could sit and watch that for hours

minnesnowta,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i could def see myself burning my hands off if i got into glassblowing. especially after a nice vape pack or two. :uhoh:

you've got major skills there CD.

illadelph,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
So how hot does glass need to be to start to melt?? And how hot is that torch?? That would not be a fun time getting burned by that thing. I've never seen anything like that before

minnesnowta,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I dont really know how hot the torch get but it should be around 2500F-3500F maybe more . and yeah I burn myself really often sometime really deep , it is also really hot for the hand cause sometime you can work a tube for 2-3 hour and need to keep it hot all the time , it is f$%ing hot and wait some pounds , so it is really not easy to make big inline or big tube by hand , no lathe , but you get use to it

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
we finaly set the bench to 16 feets long, complete the roof and all the electricity . we also start to built the ventilation ,both fan are 14inches and there will be some 14 inches tubing attach to it in a couple of days. most of the picture show the ''befor/after'' and the last one are me my new apprentice (I'm on the left) , the box is all the crap the I clean from the floor:

also what I see from the fan hole (sad it dark at this time)

it make now 9 days that we have the keys (and we both have a day job) so I feel like we have made a great job (there is still a lot to do but ...)

oh and ... you can click on the picture to see them bigger

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom