Cleanup Day, and a Realization

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have not used a cigarette lighter or match in a month. Pure Vape.. that's it.
Of course I am arms reach from a unit, 24/7!
I realized today I am spoiled ~ my taste buds can no longer stand chemicals.
I smoked about a "J" a week... mostly to test out new strains flavor. I decided to stop for a time.
I have made tinctures, and oils and edibles with my vaped weed, but not in a while.
(By the way please note, I am totally baked now from the effects of yesterdays work)
I realized that my weed poo jar was filled to the top. I had a half gallon jar full of AVW from Medical Grade herb. Time to tidy up.
- made 3 Firecrackers to eat for the project.
- used Alchol to wash tubes, wands etc.. allowing wand hash to disolve as well, poured on dish.
- used 1/3 of the AVW to make green dragon with Everclear
- used the rest to make Cannabis Olive Oil
Project done in 4 hours
I taste tested everything edible and was already zoned.
I took the plate of "wand washings", now evaporated, and scraped the golden oils together with the reddish brown wand hash renderings, and made it into a ball of hash for the morning (today).
pipe.jpg

It was glorious, and a great buzz.
Two things stood out and both amazed me.
1- the nugget of hash tasted just like some Lebanese hash as I inhaled the smoking vapors (Great high too)
2- As I exhaled the thick plume of Hash smoke... I tasted butane!
Vaping and not smoking at all has made me more sensitive to the chemicals. I used a hemp wick to smoke the rest of my nugget, and I owe Vaporizing a debt for making my body and senses more aware of Chemical presence!

Vitolo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
sounds like a well managed project, hahaha, give the help some donuts to start...

i got plastic flavors from my tubing
and even the next time because some dried on the glass
I re-vape, which is bad with plastic molecules, but at least you'll be eating it (? - i think thats better)
-----------------------------
i tried burning a little herb recently in a homemade bubbler, and felt so dirty afterwards...nasty [shiver]
i tried a Camel a couple months ago, and wow did it make me feel dirty, i could taste way more of the binders and glues than the tobacco

VWFringe,

Vitolo

Vaporist
VWFringe said:
...donuts for the help...
i got plastic flavors from my tubing
and even the next time because some dried on the glass
I re-vape, which is bad with plastic molecules, but at least you'll be eating it (? - i think thats better)
I love donuts, Thanks!
plastic tubing ... 2 things
Most of tubing sold for vaping is silicone. A couple of years ago the FDA did not restrict its use, but announced "Degradation of silicone tubing by alcohol-based antiseptics" to the medical profession. At that time, medical professionals switched types of sanitary tubing to Tygon Silicone, and a couple of other types. Folks in food service also made this change, especially where liquor was concerned.
Designed for high-purity applications, Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing's ultra-smooth inner bore can reduce the risk of particle entrapment and microscopic buildup during sensitive fluid transfer.
Since then I switched to Tygon. If the "official " replacement whip is not.. I order my own at: US Plastics (they sell Chemflour tubing also)
I wont do strong alcohol rinses on Non Tygon tube.
also, I only use grain alcohol on insides of tubing, (everclear). From personal experience I found that Isopropyl will eventually either discolor, fog, or dry out my tubes if I reuse and reclean for a year. The grain alcohol has never dried out a tube, and does clean them.
(Everclear leaves the tubes slightly discolored, whereas the Iso doesnt leave as much color behind.
This alone tells me that the everclear is attacking the inner walls of tubing less)

Vitolo,
Top Bottom