Cleaning the inside of a bubbler?

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Hey guys, I use rice with soap water to clean the inside of my bubbler, but sometimes the rice gets stuck in the perculators and its pita trying to get it out.

Is there anything else that I can use to make sometype of friction with the cleaning solution that wont get stuck between the perculators?

Chezgreendream,

howie105

Rock salt and alcohol work well and if the salt gets stuck somewhere you can replace the alcohol with water and it will dissolve. Just be sure to check the source on the salt some of it is adulterated with additional ingredients to aid in ice removable.

howie105,

EverythingsHazy

Regular salt works too. The coarser the better, but regular table salt does work if you use enough of it. Make sure your iso alcohol is 91-99% so it doesn't dissolve the salt. The iso dissolves the residue, and the salt scrubs it off. Then a hot water rinse, and your piece will be shiny like new. Especially if you use cranberry extract (2-3 drops) each time you fill the piece. Your glass will always look new with just hot water rinses and an iso/salt wash a couple times a week.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Kiskis

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
I appreciate the feedback, though Im sorry guys I left something out. I dont do the iso Alcohol because for some reason when Ive done it in the past, there seems to be some residue left over, no matter how many times Ive rinsed. What happens is that I get the taste of alcohol in the vape, so I taste it in my mouth and throat and also my lungs start tightening uP. Allergies? I dont know. Like I mentioned I could rinse it 1000 times, with hot water even, blowdry it and I still get that taste, at least for the first 2 or 3 sessions.

I have tried mouthwash, it still happens. Ive tried vinegar, it still happens, soap, it still happens. I have tried a more natural method, such as freshly squeezed lemon juice and this is the ONLY thing so far that does not have any secondary effects on me And it tastes great, but I thought lemon juice was not enough, I also thought that just splish splashing the water inside was not enough. since bubblers dont come apart its difficult yo scrub the insides.

Since I read that people use uncooked rice as a scrubber to cause friction, I started trying that and saw that my glass inside was alot cleaner. So what I do is grab dishwashing soap and water solution mix some uncooked rice inside the bubbler and shake, then I drain everything, grab some vinegar to dissolve the soap and taste inside shake for some time, leave it alone for some minutes and drain, then I pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice inside, to dissolve any prior things and to neutralize the taste shake, leave alone and drain and rinse after some time. and it works for me. No smell or taste and the glass is sparkling clean. The only annoyance is that sometimes, as I mentioned, the tip of individual rice gets stuck inbetween the perculators And no matter how hard I shake the water inside they dont come loose, not even after repeated use.

I have read about using salt, though due to my salt sensitivity I am afraid to do it, because I dont know if any residue left behind might carry over to the vapor and into my system. Just alittle bit of salt sends my blood pressure soaring.

I was hoping that there would be some beads that were safe to use, that I cabn just put it inside the bubbler and shake. I did see a magnetic scrubber, where one drops one piece inside and with the other follow the piece thats inside the glass and scrub like that. Thanks again everybody.

Top Bottom