Cleaning question: grinder and chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.

headdoctor

I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find it. I want to clean my SpaceCase grinder and my Volcano chamber--both are getting pretty sticky. Is it safe to use ISO on both? And can I submerge both? (The grinder is magnetized metal and the chamber is plastic, with a screen etc.) Thanks!

headdoctor,

Tamataz

Icelander
You may not want to submerge the space case if it has that nylon o ring. The glue that holds it on might get eaten by the Iso.

Found out the hard way with my buddies cheap as plastic bong thing that was split in like 3 sections. we decided to clean it with iso because it was pretty dirty, however the whole thing just started falling apart after sitting for a few hours lmao.

Tamataz,

Tweek

You can dilute the iso 50/50 with water if you are concerned. The other option is to simply get a toothbrush and scrub out the grinder; rinse with water and you are done.

Tweek,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
The SpaceCase would be fine in an iso wash. The O-ring is made out of teflon - pretty tough stuff. But it does pop off if you're so inclined, there isn't any adhesive or anything to worry about. Don't forget to evaporate your iso after your wash and collect your spoils!

Peloton,
Reactions: Tamataz

Tamataz

Icelander
The SpaceCase would be fine in an iso wash. The O-ring is made out of teflon - pretty tough stuff. But it does pop off if you're so inclined, there isn't any adhesive or anything to worry about. Don't forget to evaporate your iso after your wash and collect your spoils!

Ohh, was under the assumption that the nylon ring was glued on :p

Tamataz,

max

Out to lunch
Tweak said:
The other option is to simply get a toothbrush and scrub out the grinder; rinse with water and you are done.
:nod: Scrubbing a grinder with ISO and a toothbrush is the best way to go. Soak it only if you want to reclaim the residue. Personally, I never let a grinder get dirty enough to make it worthwhile to reclaim, and frequent cleaning means your ground bud will come out instead of sticking. Soaking also means removing the o-ring and using a lot more ISO. Cleaning plastic parts is also better done by a quick ISO scrub and immediate hot water rinse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom