Cleaning glass.

33yrsoftoking

Well baked and perfectly toasted.
Just joined to get advice on purchasing a vape for my friend but I like to "give" as well as receive so I'm posting this about cleaning your glass.

I've had an Arizer EQ for years and prior to that I used a regular pipe. I started using a small ultrasonic cleaner to clean my all my cleanable parts. I snagged a Bransonic 12 off eBay for $35 and it literally cleans every last molecule of residue off metal and glass parts. Even threaded areas and the tightest of crevices cannot hide from ultrasonic cleaning action. No scrubbing or scraping required.

There are many sizes and brands of ultrasonic cleaners on Ebay and prices vary enormously. Don't be scared away by the prices you see initially. Be patient and a good deal will come your way on eBay. Besides cleaning your glass parts you can clean jewelry and just about anything that will fit in your cleaner. A squirt or two of 409 or plain dish soap and you won't believe the level of clean you can achieve.

I love the range of flavors available with various green and concentrates and clean glass is essential for that.

33yrsoftoking,

33yrsoftoking

Well baked and perfectly toasted.
Appreciate the response. I read through some of the link you posted but I don't have that kind of time to read it all. I'm a home brewer as well but never considered the PBW because the ultrasonic cleaner does such a perfect job. The added advantage of an ultrasonic cleaner is that you can use it for so many different things.

33yrsoftoking,

wolfJflywheel

PBW + ultrasonic cleaner is where it's at.

I clean all of my glass in a giant ultrasonic cleaner. I just fill the ultrasonic chamber, put the piece in, plug the joint, pour a pinch of PBW in the piece, top it off with water, and let it do its thing for 30 minutes.

I've pulled old pieces out of the closet that have dry resin clumps that have been sitting there for years, and with the right concentration of PBW and a few hours in the ultrasonic, they look brand new.

Now that I'm mostly vaping I only use the PBW on rare occasions. Usually the ultrasonic is enough to clean the pieces with water alone. If I'm anal enough I can get away with just hot water rinses after each session, but it's easier to just pop the pieces in the cleaner once a week or so.

Top Bottom