• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cleaning and Reusing Glass Ceramic 510 Cartridges

stroonz

Abiding Dude
Recently purchased O2Vape and CCell TH2 Glass Ceramic cartridges. No longer wanted to use plastic. Thing is, I can't find any info specifying the lifespan of the glass & ceramic, how many refills are they good for? And how should they be cleaned?

subway13029

i get a few refills before clogging..i have soaked in iso and then let completely dry and reused with good flavor and no issues but have also heard not to do this because of the cotton thats inside but ive never had any issues. but id say total including the cleaning i wouldnt fill more than 4 or 5 times at very most

subway13029,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I would never ISO clean a C cell cartridge. Just take one apart to see why. The cotton wick and felt grommets don't like alcohol.

The bubbleman / w9tech trinity carts are super easy to clean by soaking in warm alcohol. No cotton or other fibers to worry about. Just borosilicate glass, silicon carbide frit, stainless steel, and silicone seals. They are rated for 10 fills but some go more. The Trinity XL are supposed to be even more reuse-friendly with replaceable heating cores.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Can a lower viscosity product (dispensary bulk oil mixed with MCT) be used in a Trinity tank?
Unfortunately, no. MCT oil in a Trinity tank will be too thick, and leak. The Trinity tank works best with highly viscous, thick oils.

It's a high performance/ "pro" grade cartridge that's not idiot-proof like the C Cell carts. The Honda civic / toyota camry of vape carts. Easy to use, unlikely to leak, holds up all day in your pocket, etc. the Trinity tanks are more like a Ferrari. Anyone can use one, but its easier to lose control than the civic. On the flip side, a trained driver can get 10x or greater performance out of the Ferrari.

The Trinity carts don't work well in temperature control mode. I like them from 12-14 watts on a box mod. (I use C Cell's at 3.8-4.2 watts, so the Trinitys take about 3x the power, and can quickly put 3x the heat energy into the cartridge :evil: for awesome vapor production. More like a dab off a rig than most 'tanks' deliver.

You have to meter power to them with pulses once they start getting really hot, and control your inhalation. Most importantly they have to be cooled down after each hit, before you put it away or they will leak oils in to the threading. 5-15 seconds of cool-down depending on how hot you got the cart during use.

Cleaning instructions- I personally do 2 or 3 hot alcohol soaks/rinses before moving on to rinsing with distilled water and letting air dry overnight in a warm place. Some people have had great results with ultrasonic cleaners.

stroonz

Abiding Dude
The Trinity carts sound great. Unfortunately, NY dispensaries pretty much give a choice of only one and the same.
It's a shame that these carts are good for only a limited amount of refills. All these discarded cartridges are a waste in so many ways, just like K-cups.

stroonz,
Top Bottom