Cleaning a really, really, really dirty smoked out bubbler

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcey

Hey everyone,

I know this isn't the best forum for smoke related stuff but hopefully someone can help...

I lent my custom bubbler out to a mate who is a huge fan of smoking. I hardly smoke at all anymore (mainly just hash) so i totally forgot about leading the bubbler....

Fast forward 3 years later i finally got it back! Sadly my mate seems to have smoked the pants off it for the 3 years without ever giving it a really good clean (just changed the water). The bubbler is now CAKED with tar and shit which doesn't seem to want to come off.

I was after any suggestions people would have for some heavy duty tar removal? I have tried many Iso and salt washes....this moved a fair amount but its still very dirty. I have SOAKED it for 2 weeks in Metho which again moved alot of the tar but not everything....currently soaking for another week

saw on a forum that someone used dishwashing powder (the caustic shit) has anyone tried this? I really want to get it clean so i can use it with my PD!

here is a clean pic....couldn't bring myself to post a dirty one :(

fakinghellthisisthetent.jpg

darcey,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nice glass. Just wondering, how you would go about attaching that to your PD?

IAmKrazy2,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
you could just jam that shit in the bowl, or use a tube.

Theres really knw point though dude you should get a ice bong

bluntfaced,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
How would you attach a tube? I guess you could use puddy or something, but I agree. Just buy a new piece for that purpose if dirty, although that one is pretty.

IAmKrazy2,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
:2c: just stretch 1" of silicone tubing over the mouthpiece so half of the tubing hangs off of the end of the mouthpiece.

The rubbery nature of the silicone tubing allows it to make a tight seal over the hole in the bottom of pretty much any bowl (not to mention all of the benefits of using the PD upside-down).

edit: I think that I talked about this in the PD thread, but am fairly certain it is buried in the amass of posts.

Progress,

stevebeast

i used the powdered dishwasing detergent on several pipes that were clogged shut and long given up on. just fill a ziploc bag with some hot water and dishwashing detergent about 50-50 amd soak overnight works great.

stevebeast,

digglover

If that doesn't work you could try and get muriatic acid from Home Depot or a pool store.
It's Hydrochloric acid so if that doesn't work... nothing will haha.

digglover,

max

Out to lunch
If that doesn't work you could try and get muriatic acid from Home Depot or a pool store.
I'd try vinegar first. A lot cheaper and safer. It may take several run throughs.

max,

darcey

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

bluntfaced - I'm in Australia and can't seem to find 420 wash anywhere :( I already own a number of ice bongs (VWT pro plus some local ones) and love them for vaps... Been three years since i have seen my custom piece and I really want to hit it!

IAmKrazy2 -Cheers mate! I have a silicone grommet which fits into the end of a PD tube and is a snug fit for this piece's bowl. Just put the tube in the PD, turn upside down and place the grommet into the bowl..easy once you get the hang of it and works really well. I used this for ages with my original Eterra and it delivered very smooth hits...Will get a pic with the PD when its clean

stevebeast - Thanks mate, I will give that a try :D

digglover - sounds extreme lol might try it if the dishwashing powder doesn't work

darcey,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom