Cleaning a clogged vape screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaktorblue

I'm sure this has been discussed before but the search results for this topic seem to be so many that the actual answer to my question eludes me.

I have an extreme q that now has the elbow screen clogged. It's making it very hard to draw and I was wondering what I could do to clean the screen without damaging anything.

Anyone have some suggestions? I've read that alcohol should work but since I haven't found any supporting data, I've not tried it yet.

Reaktorblue,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Then try it!!!! :D

Yes put all the parts you wish to clean (except tubing, O-rings and some acrylic paraphanelia) in some high grade alcohol (if possible "drinkable" as Everclear or medical Absolute Ethanol better, if not ISO). Leave these parts 15 mn in the alcohol bath, soak with hot water...VOILA, clean as new!

FLskwat,
Reactions: jl420

crawdad

floatin
yep, two days ago i cleaned my glass vg in iso, did 2 or 3 rinses each about 3 minutes long (had to do some shaking). i ran some water through it and let it dry, looks like new and that includes the screen.

crawdad,

djonkoman

I usually clean screens by burning them, especially with a torch lighter they're clean in no-time(after burning rub and blow a bit to get it clean)
but beware with brass screens+torch, steel screens are no problem but I dscovered brass screens are very easy to burn a hole in with a torch

djonkoman,
Reactions: OF

steiner666

Serial vapist
djonkoman said:
I usually clean screens by burning them, especially with a torch lighter they're clean in no-time(after burning rub and blow a bit to get it clean)
but beware with brass screens+torch, steel screens are no problem but I dscovered brass screens are very easy to burn a hole in with a torch

Similar to this, I set the vape temp on high (when there is one) and. Take a few hits off the clogged screen. In the end, I'm usually left with a clean screen as well as a decent buzz :brow: usually I do this about once every few loads to prvent it from ever getting too clogged up, like once a day. Even with a set-temp vape like wdz it works well.

steiner666,

max

Out to lunch
I usually clean screens by burning them, especially with a torch lighter they're clean in no-time
They'll last a lot longer if you just use ISO to clean. If you scrape out a vape screen after each bowl they rarely even need cleaning with alcohol.

max,

gb902

Vaporog
I have cleaned my VG screen with a small brush and some ISO alcohol. It worked perfectly, but it was just slightly covered with resin (after several months of use).
I think that if you use your vape properly, your screen can't get seriously clogged.

gb902,

StickyShisha2

i replaced all my screens with titanium screens a few months ago. so far so good. they seem to keep clean easier and should last almost forever.

BBaggins

We call that cocktail "Prime" because it brings your brain to a "Primate" or "Primordial" level. It will really fuk U up.

BBaggins,
Reactions: mrboote

Mutt

I have a jar (peanut butter, pickles, whatever) that I full with 99% ISO (that I get at walmart) and leave the alcohol in it. When a bowl gets too dirty, or my dab tools get coated up, or my vape screen gets clogged. I drop it in the jar and leave it there overnight. The next day when I get up, I run the items under hot water in the kitchen sink and all the resin, carbon, vaper goo, etc just rinses right off ... very little to no scrubbing needed. I'll never use anything else to clean my stuff. This way is just too easy.

Mutt,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom