Cleanest/healthiest vape (chemical exposure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a general consensus on the healthiest/cleanest vaporizer? I don't like the idea of plastics and wood stains off gassing during an extended vape session.

brewtastic,

SD_haze

you want an all glass pathway, heated air doesnt touch anything questionable, and no need to inhale potential lighter chemicals.

When I think of the purist, untainted vapor, most flavorful low temp vapors, I think of vriptech and the vapexhale cloud

SD_haze,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Only vape I remember to have cheap plastiv taste is my old Vapir Mini. Its iportant to say that one plastic is not like another. For example I've bought an iolite after vapir died and althrough it was also made from plastic, it was a hightemp plastic. I really didn't taste that plastic at all. Only additional taste from iolite was from the metal bowl and from resins when it was not clean. MFLB also has acrylic and wood in it's airpath and tastes wonderfully. But if soeone is perfectionist, all glass path and low precise temps are best for the cleaniest experience.

Seek,

Qbit

cannabanana
brewtastic said:
Is there a general consensus on the healthiest/cleanest vaporizer? I don't like the idea of plastics and wood stains off gassing during an extended vape session.

The FC community takes the quality of materials seriously, and I don't think you'll find too many vapes spoken much of here if they use dodgy materials. Plastics that are used are typically rated as well tolerant of vaping temperatures, and the wood stains of vapes like Purple Days and Myrtlezap are beeswax and mineral oil based, rather than petrochemical. It's the plethora of cheap Chinese vapes that you really need to be concerned most about. But yeah, we tend to give those short shrift here.

However, there are definitely those who prefer an all-glass (or near all-glass) path, and the vapes SD_haze mentioned cater to that crowd. And I believe that the Life Saber would also qualify. But be prepared to pay a little extra for these gourmet pieces.

So it depends on your level of purist-ness if you will. Check out the threads of the vapes that interest you and ask questions in them - you're sure to get the info you need.

Qbit,

max

Out to lunch
brewtastic said:
No. And there's no consensus that your concerns about plastics and wood are valid either. You have to consider the types of materials used and the temps involved. For example, O&B uses two different types of high tech plastics in their products, and both are quite stable at the temps they're exposed to. There's a huge range of materials that are all labeled as plastic.

If you're concerned about materials that aren't glass, then just go with an all glass vapor path. You don't have to spend a lot. For $120 or possibly less, you can get a Vapolution with AIW bowl, and you won't even have a screen in the vapor path (not that a screen is safety issue). The vapes mentioned above are also good choices.

max,

Smokey

Cloud Master
vape4life said:
Herborizer?
Hands down, the cleanest and glassier! :p
The majority of top class vape used here on FC though is completely safe and healthy, rest assured!

Smokey,

team420

I would agree with max and check out the Vapolution. I have used it with the all in wonder bowl and it's rather tasty. Also it may not look like it from any photos of it, but it's a surprisingly lightweight unit. The one down side in my opinion is that they don't want you to grind up the bud first, instead it says to roll up the herb and make vapor pellets. I feel that in order to remove more THC from a larger surface area that the green should be ground. Other than that I think flavor and performance with the Vapolution are bomb dude.

team420,

Nycdeisel

Qbit said:
brewtastic said:

The FC community takes the quality of materials seriously, and I don't think you'll find too many vapes spoken much of here if they use dodgy materials. Plastics that are used are typically rated as well tolerant of vaping temperatures, and the wood stains of vapes like Purple Days and Myrtlezap are beeswax and mineral oil based, rather than petrochemical. It's the plethora of cheap Chinese vapes that you really need to be concerned most about. But yeah, we tend to give those short shrift here.

However, there are definitely those who prefer an all-glass (or near all-glass) path, and the vapes SD_haze mentioned cater to that crowd. And I believe that the Life Saber would also qualify. But be prepared to pay a little extra for these gourmet pieces.

So it depends on your level of purist-ness if you will. Check out the threads of the vapes that interest you and ask questions in them - you're sure to get the info you need.

I agree with this 100%

Nycdeisel,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Magick wand seem to me a very clean and medicinal with the right tuning . Can be used with hookah,bongs,Gongs.. :) It is superior to LSV IMO .. We've done side by side competition with a neighbor who has LSV.. and he agrees that MW beats the LSV in these points.
1.Better taste
2Denser clouds.
3Better extraction.. (I tried some of the LSV abv in mw and got a cloud.. also tried mw abv in the lsv.. NOt even a mist.. )
4.Lifetime warranty.
5.More heat power due to superior heater IMO ,Which makes it kickass for concentrates.
6. I find the airdraw a bit more free/easier than the lsv.
7. You can rip as hard as you want and the harder you rip the bigger/denser cloud you get.. cuz a lot of power is released off the fat heating element :) .
8.It takes longer to heat than the lsv but retains heat lvl once heated better than the lsv.I don't notice a temp drop or clouds becomeing less dense like when you draw quick on the LSV.
9.You can stack bowls with the mw the 18mm is fitting on the 14mm so or you can put the 18m on the hand attachment and have two different chambers with herb.. What i usually do is to put concentrates in upper bowl on almost max heat and nice mj/ or another herb in the lower bowl.. This last for many many fuck-ups.. Mw heating element is powerful enough to vaporizer two stacked bowls.. One over another.. Tonight i am doing dual bowl with kief and bho.
10.MW full pack is 200 and you get hand held attachment two parts with inner herb chamber between two screens on valves. 14mm 18mm and the 9mm downstem adapter with 14mm gong.. (When i stack for bong use i use 18mm on the 14mm on the 9mm downstem :)
LSV has it advantages although ,
It is as good as the dbv and a bit better cause it can be used all glass and it is smaller size.
It is more durable than the MW cause it is made of glass :p
My dbv seems to be more durable than the MW also but i paid twice its price in replacement heater covers wands and stuff .
I had no brake issues with my MW sofar but i am very careful also have to give credit to that that it actually it is finely attached to the bowls with the 18mm gong.
No big difference in sizes between both.. wands.
Imo vriptech is coolest wand vaporizer but i think that the inability of being attached to the bowl is the pandoras box of breakages IMO.
Hmm how is the Oracle with the glass airpath ? I heard good things about it too.
+1 for the vivape if there is a positive FC member review ofc.

Abysmal Vapor,
When I think about it, I come up with the Vapolution with allinwondebowl: 100% glass airpath isolated from the heating element. In theory it would even be purer than the VXC because that has a stainless steel bowl chamber - coincidentally, the vapolution's narrow, small, screenless bowl is my least favorite thing about it.

Edit, saw Max already suggested the vapo+AIW, smart guy! This topic actually inspired me to bust out the Vapo and crank it with some solid concentrate, using two small screens in the stem. Very good results.

charliedontsurf,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i don't often drink beer, but when i do i prefer beer from a glass bottle over beer from a metal can.

And the very thought of "plastic" horrifies me ... the very name "plastic" means to me that there is no safe exposure level, it's a continuum of contamination.

Hippie Dickie,
Hippie Dickie said:
i don't often drink beer, but when i do i prefer beer from a glass bottle over beer from a metal can.

Hey, cans have come a long way! All sorts of microbreweries across the country are using cans because the machinery is half the expense of bottling equipment. The liners in the cans have come light years in 10 years, and the cans themselves protect 100% from light exposure, something only a ceramic bottle can do. They're more easily recycled, they can be stomped out, they don't shatter into pieces, etc.. Look at good beers from companies like Maui Brewing or Oskar Blues for examples. I used to balk at cans, now I don't blink.

charliedontsurf,

Tritono

This thread is so interesting. Im looking for the same things that the OP. Im new into vaporizer, I need to buy one. I take the air/heath path and materials used very seriously. Took me some time to take a decision and after a month of extensive investigation I was decided for the LSV. But then I have read this thread and right now I dont know. Im looking for the healthiest/cleanest vaporizer available. I know that it needs to have an air glass path (that attracted me of the LSV). However, the LSV dont have a 100% air glass path. The heater element is not encapsulated in glass and the HC has metal shims.

Please keep sharing your opinions about the question of the OP. Right now, I discovered that I can buy a VRIP and a glass bong for the VRIP at the same price of the LSV and get a 99,9% of glass air path (the 0,1 is because the screen). Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

Tritono,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
LOL yesterday i cursed this product as thought it was some expensive vrip knockoff.. :) I was watching the same site even :) ..

Abysmal Vapor,

Tritono

Mmm. I dont know what vape choose. I was inclined for the LSV but maybe the MW or the Vapolution are better alternatives because the all glass path? I dont have experience with that vapes and I will need to buy internationally so sincerely I dont have clue about what vape choose. Maybe a 100% glass air/heath path is the best option. :uhoh:

Tritono,

Nycdeisel

All you have to do now is read the vaporizer specific threads on this site so you can get as much information as possible about each model before you get ready to purchase one.

Nycdeisel,

Troi

The following vapes, have been tested by FC.com members, and myself, and based on my own research they are safe to use since all components used in making up the vaporizer have been tested and or are rated to be safe at the temperatures involved in the vaporization process.

SSV, LSV, DBV, LSV, Magic Wand, Magic Flight LB, Supreme, HerbalAir 2.1, Volcano (yes there is plastic but the volcano is built by a company that did a massive amount of R&D in its development every component in the volcano is rated for the temperatures involved, including the bags).

However if your looking for the best taste available, i would look at vaporizers with a true all glass airpath, currently the only one available on the market is the Vriptch Vripmaster v 3.0. However, check out the upcoming Vapexhale Cloud, as that takes the best of all of these vaporizers, combines it with a all glass airpath and produces the best extraction and tastiest vapor possible =)

Troi,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom