Cleanable travel vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretStoner

I'm looking for a list of vapes that are 100% cleanable and able to be taken through border checks. I travel to and from canada often, and was wanting to find a loose leaf vape that i can drop in boiling water, or into some iso to clean it. The only one i can seem to find is the glass vaporgenie. The Cera mouthpiece can be boiled, but i've read reports of vapor seeping out elsewhere, not sure if this is user error or not.

Does this list exist somewhere? I assume it has to be conduction based to keep air out of the battery, if its electronic.

Ty,
SS

Caligula

Maximus
Well depending on how careful you are you could do a log vape like the E Nano. If you pack the stems properly and hold the nano horizontally, your herb should never touch the heating element. Then all you would need to do is iso the glass stems.

While this is possible, its highly improbable that you would never spill abv on the unit.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I want to say the lotus, might fit the bill, the pipe is designed to be able to iso'd, iso dipped pipe cleaner, iso soak, and the screen can be cleaned and re used or thrown out for new ones. The water piece adapter (WPA) can also be cleaned even easier, and in minutes as well as the pipe version.

The pinnacle pro, uses bullets that are so easy to clean, and can be iso qtip swabbed also, and many people tell me they thought it was a nose hair trimmer :lmao::rofl::lmao:, they suggested I keep it in a bag with nose hair trimming attachments :lmao:

+2 for the cera for sure, can be boiled , baked , and iso'd clean, love it, well built.
+2 for the E-nano its so tiny its can travel any where you can as long as you got power to plug in, the stems are so easy to clean/ steralize and as caligula stated ,if you use it upside down or even on a water pice with the gong , no worries of herb passing the screened heat element.
Firefly , relatively new to the scene, but seems easy to clean as well, maybe FF owner can chime in, but its a glass bowl and the air path is a flat surface and a magnetic top.

Inhalator XP uses a mouthpiece capsule than can be disposed or cleaned and nothing else in the air path.Considering there in canada, always seemed one of the easiest to clean. can be iso swabbed as well.

I know Ill think of more

EDIT
THE HAMMER VAPORIZER seem's like a good option, uses a glass straw for a mouthpiece as well, easy to clean and make it travel friendly after use.

Last edited:

exit

solo, solo, solo and solo

mainly being that you take out the stem.... and its 100% clean, do whatever you want with the stem but the rest i wouldnt worry one bit about no matter where i was, seriously

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
solo, solo, solo and solo

mainly being that you take out the stem.... and its 100% clean, do whatever you want with the stem but the rest i wouldnt worry one bit about no matter where i was, seriously
A problem with the Solo could be when bits of ABV fall past the heater.

And with the Lotus, isn't there a little bit of wood in the airpath?

nopartofme,
Reactions: exit

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'm looking for a list of vapes that are 100% cleanable and able to be taken through border checks. I travel to and from canada often, and was wanting to find a loose leaf vape that i can drop in boiling water, or into some iso to clean it. The only one i can seem to find is the glass vaporgenie. The Cera mouthpiece can be boiled, but i've read reports of vapor seeping out elsewhere, not sure if this is user error or not.

Does this list exist somewhere? I assume it has to be conduction based to keep air out of the battery, if its electronic.

Ty,
SS
FlashVape perhaps? The newer models can be broken down and everything ISO soaked....

exit

Seriously? Do you know small those holes in the heater are? If you can't deal with one or two tiny specks of ABV that have hidden themselves deep inside of the unit itself you shouldn't be vaping where you are PERIOD!

What i'm saying is the Solo would need to be torn all the way apart to find that ABV and if that's still not good enough for you then all I can say is don't vape because how much better are you gonna get.

(edit: just for clarity i am not being aggressive towards you @nopartofme just ranting about the Solo :))

Last edited:
exit,

Caligula

Maximus
Seriously? Do you know small those holes in the heater are? If you can't deal with one or two tiny specks of ABV that have hidden themselves deep inside of the unit itself you shouldn't be vaping where you are PERIOD!

What i'm saying is the Solo would need to be torn all the way apart to find that ABV and if that's still not good enough for you then all I can say is don't vape because how much better are you gonna get.

(edit: just for clarity i am not being aggressive towards you @nopartofme just ranting about the Solo :))

Incorrect.

Have you ever gotten into your battery compartment? I did when my last Solo died. You have to basically pull the shell off of the unit. When I did that I had some (not a ton but well more than enough to notice) ABV fall out. And the heater holes are even LARGER on the new Solo units. I should also note that the unit was less than 3 months old. Would this continue to accumulate over a longer period of time? My guess is yes.

Basically, if he is worried about dogs then there is valid reason to be concerned with the Solo.

Last edited:

al bundy

Vaporist
Yep just get the right sized screwdriver for the bottom 4 screws ,very easy to clean but ABV does get in there.

al bundy,

weedemon

enthusiast
if they want to be bitches they just need to run a swab, though your vape, and if anything comes back... :( bummer.

for that reason i think the all glass gn0me is one of the only ones i'd recommend for this. the downside is you need a torch and the thing looks a tad "hardcore" when being used. i use mine in private away from others view.

but for your border crossings, I'd say that's the way to go! a fresh bottle of iso(normally i'd save and recycle it a lot) for your travels to keep it clean and yep thats the best thing I can think of.

weedemon,
Reactions: Caligula

Chill Dude

My suggestion would be the Cera. It's the only vape I know of that you can boil the cart clean.

Chill Dude,

SecretStoner

if they want to be bitches they just need to run a swab, though your vape, and if anything comes back... :( bummer.

for that reason i think the all glass gn0me is one of the only ones i'd recommend for this. the downside is you need a torch and the thing looks a tad "hardcore" when being used. i use mine in private away from others view.

but for your border crossings, I'd say that's the way to go! a fresh bottle of iso(normally i'd save and recycle it a lot) for your travels to keep it clean and yep thats the best thing I can think of.

Any reason why the glass vaporgenie sherlock wouldnt work and look a bit less hardcore?

This is exactly what i cannot have. I am indeed afraid of the dogs. A clean, iso/boiled vape cant get me in trouble.

My suggestion would be the Cera. It's the only vape I know of that you can boil the cart clean.

So you can boil the LL? Under their cleaning instructions on their website, it does say that is how you clean their concentrate carts...but under LL cleaning it shows them using an iso Q-tip - i was wondering if they considered this easier, or if there was a reason you werent supposed to boil the LL cart.

Also, is it true that residue makes its way past the cart and into the heating element?

ty,
SS

SecretStoner,

weedemon

enthusiast
I've heard the glass VG is good but I have not tried it myself. I just didn't want to recommend something I have no exp with. the VG has a ceramic stone type surface right? if there anywhere for things to get caught up and left behind? again, i don't really know this vape. but the gn0me, I do know and am pretty sure that it has nowhere to leave any surprises behind after cleaning. that's all. :)

btw the gn0me is a really nice vape once you get the heating technique down right. I have the thicker GonG version and I like how after i heat it and have a few seconds to get ready (let it cool back down a tad) before I have to get using it. I know a lot of people like the slimmer version too though.

good luck to you whichever you choose! :)

weedemon,

hoptimum

The VG glass bat seems to be relatively inconspicuous and will probably clean up quite well. Worst case scenario youd be out $65 if it was confiscated. I would bet you would not have any problems.

hoptimum,

grokit

well-worn member
The VG bat still has a metal screen and a wire retainer. Maybe just have replacement screens handy for travel, and a torch to burn off the heatstone/exchanger.
Or just carry the dirty parts separately, and at least if they take them you still have the (clean) glass.

grokit,
Reactions: weedemon

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
So you can boil the LL? Under their cleaning instructions on their website, it does say that is how you clean their concentrate carts...but under LL cleaning it shows them using an iso Q-tip - i was wondering if they considered this easier, or if there was a reason you werent supposed to boil the LL cart.

Also, is it true that residue makes its way past the cart and into the heating element?

ty,
SS
Yes, the LL cart can be submerged in ISO as well as boiled. The instructions you're talking about are for routine cleaning and not complete sterilization in preparation for travel. Wiping the cart down as part of regular cleaning is super easy.

'Residue' should never build up to the level where it would actually leak down into the cart. It builds up further up in the mouthpiece. If you grind too fine then it's conceivable that bits of herb could fall through the tiny holes, but down there they would get completely incinerated and ISO + boiling would take care of everything for travel. Keep your grind fluffy and the holes never pose a problem.

nopartofme,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom