Chronic Pain - How to 'Quell' it

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
There was an article in Forbes reporting on 5 Disruptive Technologies presented at the recent CES 2015 conference. One was a technology that can be used to treat chronic pain. Looks promising. Hope it is as promising as it looks and can help the folks on FC who suffer from chronic pain.

We were also impressed with Quell, an FDA-approved device that stimulates the brain to block pain receptors for patients with chronic conditions. The device is worn around the calf in a neoprene wrap and is approved for overnight use, and will sell for around $250 later this year. It performs similar functions (though not as specific) to existing devices that today must be surgically implanted at dramatically higher cost and risk. Better and cheaper technology could translate to a big bang disruption for the company.

http://www.quellrelief.com/

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Great. Right as in being told my best hope is an implanted spinal cord stimulator.

ChippyMalone,

killick

But I like it!
My dads neighbor had something like a TENS implant for back issues. He said it was quite helpful. Not really useful or helpful info, but at least anecdotally useful?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I rented a TENS unit for nerve pain. It wasn't a implant it was a device that sent tingly shock waves to the area. I didn't have success with it. The Quell is very interesting though.

Top Bottom