choosing between magic flight launch box and essential vape

lemmywinks

I've been looking around local headshops for my first vaporizer, and I think I've got it narrowed down to these two. My primary concern (outside of price) is efficiency and usability. I've already read that the magic flight is a battery hog, which is making me lean towards the essential vape. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has used an essential vape, and details on it seem to be pretty scarce. If anyone has any advice (or wants to off a good alternative) that would be great. Thanks.

The magic flight is selling for $100 while the essential vape is $120.

lemmywinks,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Magic Flight box and a few extra batteries in my opinion - a great choice! I never am without a charged battery.

Lo,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
I've never heard of an EssentialVape around here... but I vouch for the Magic Flight Box... this thing is golden, so easy to use and just have ready at any time. Super stealthy now.

mattybass,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I agree regarding the Magic Flight Launch Box. I own one myself, and I don't use anything else now.

Vicki,

lemmywinks

thanks for the advice. I have to wait a week for the magic flight to come into the shop....but hopefully it'll be worth it. The more I look at the essential vape, the more I feel I could just make something like that myself.

lemmywinks,

StickyShisha2

lemmywinks said:
t The more I look at the essential vape, the more I feel I could just make something like that myself.
thats how i feel about the Essential Vaap. I want to try one (as a portable oil vape), but it just doesn't seem to be worth the price.

StickyShisha2,

lemmywinks

Most of what I read about it focused on how good it was for oil.....which I will probably never need to vape anyways.

lemmywinks,

lemmywinks

Oh, and do any of you who have the vape know how it works with crappy dollar store batteries?

lemmywinks,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lemmywinks said:
Oh, and do any of you who have the vape know how it works with crappy dollar store batteries?
The Launch Box will not work with regular alkaline batteries. When you order the LB, it comes with 2 re-chargeable batteries and a charger. I bought extra batteries myself. These are the ones I got, and I also got a smart charger.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
I've already read that the magic flight is a battery hog
Really, it isn't a hog at all. People who think this have little to no understanding of the electrical requirements of vaporizing. The only other vapes that use AA size rechargeable bats require a 10 pack of them to get vaping temps along with a reasonable operating time. With the LB, 5 min. of charge time per bat doesn't sound like much, but when you consider that a few seconds of heating time gets it up to vaping temp, and a good hit only requires another 5-10 sec., that 5 minutes goes a long way.

The Essential VAAAPP doesn't compare to the LB for stealth-no lighter based vape does.

The magic flight is selling for $100 while the essential vape is $120.
Since you're an FC member, the LB can be had for about $87 from Vapeworld or $89 from Vaporstore.

The LB has made a huge impact on the portable vape market (and some happily use it for all vaping), while the EV is largely unknown, even though it's been sold for quite a while. That alone says a lot.

max,

lemmywinks

I actually found the essential vape for $70 at another headshop, but I'd feel kind of ridiculous now since it looks like almost every single person recommends the magic flight. I saw a vapir one mini for $130...which I will think about until the LB comes into the shop.

lemmywinks,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Yeah, I have to recommend the LB too.. I have three other vapes, and have been using the box almost exclusively since getting it.. I do use the same charged batt for several loads. Between me and my husband, we may charge the 4 I got once a week, maybe? They are lasting far longer than I was led to believe at first. I still need to get a good smart charger though to keep them in good shape..

All considering, absolutely no reservations recommending it.

indigal,

lemmywinks

I met someone selling a SSV for $150 and ended up buying that....still may get a launch box someday thogh

lemmywinks,

the ob

all good in the hood.
getting the SSV and then the launch box are two different things. you should own both.

the ob,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
the ob said:
getting the SSV and then the launch box are two different things. you should own both.
I very much agree. You should also look into getting a Launch Box for portability. :)

Vicki,

vapirtoo

I,m a LB missonary. Buying three more for my cheap friends! I just love
the fact that its made in America,:D

vapirtoo,

lemmywinks

How do the hits compare?

I'm actually slightly disappointed with the surfer. I find myself smoking quite a bit without a very intense high

lemmywinks,

jmiranda

hi all. while i still have to see a magic flight launch box, i got to try the essential vaapp. i think it's hands down the best for vaporizing essential oils and/or concentrates. i was only able to try the EV last month so i haven't really been able to look around the shops for one so if i find one at a price i'm willing to pay, i will buy it.

jmiranda,

jonnykronic

Hey guys;
In response too the E.V. it works great for oil.
Best if you know how to make it,which is optimal if you or someone you know grows for the product to rinse/wash.

And it's the only A.M.A. approved vape on the market,from what Ive seen so far,and no it's not made of wood :cool:.

Peace and happy vapin.

jonnykronic,

darkrom

Great Scott!
LB is all I use. No home vape. I have 6 batteries and a 15 minute charger with optional car adapter. It's really all I need.

darkrom,

2clicker

Observer
this essential vape sounds interesting...

has anyone used it to vape plant materials?

what about keif? or hash?

i like how you can switch out the vials quickly

but the big question is how well it works for herbs

2clicker,

Qbit

cannabanana
There's a simple question to be asked if you're considering one of these two units over the other, which is this: are you doing herb or oil? If you're doing herb, then go with the Launch Box, but if you're doing oil, go with the EV. That's what each pipe is built for.

Qbit,
Top Bottom