1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Choice between 2 portables

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Baked-not-fried, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Baked-not-fried

Baked-not-fried Welcome to the comfort zone, how may I help you?

If you were to choose between a new Fury 2 glass bundle or a used MVT(here @ FC), which would it be? I love taste, but being medicated is most important. Efficiency is a plus. Not worried about looks. Let's hear it! Thanks!

p.s. I also have a JoyTech Primo box mod if a Divine tribe might be what I'm looking for.(3rd option I guess).

AtomicPB and natural farmer like this.
  2. natural farmer

natural farmer Well-Known Member

I vote for Fury 2... Smaller, stealthier... :)

AtomicPB likes this.
  3. lookhigh

lookhigh FC member

Fury2, 420 discount... high quality for low price.

AtomicPB likes this.
  4. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Another vote for the Fury2! Awesome vape awesome company and customer service!

AtomicPB likes this.
  5. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

I don't know what an MVT is but I just got my new Fury 2 the other day and it is totally tits. Incredible with rosin or flowers.

AtomicPB likes this.
  6. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I have and like both. Appearance doesn't matter to you and one of the things I love about the MVT is its appearance. I don't think I can recommend one over the other. Both are great companies with outstanding customer service. MVT is working to develop glass that will work with my whip.
    Having said that one thing to consider is the difference in batteries. There are pros and cons to each. With the MVT you need to install a fully charged 18650 battery when you want to use it. And you can have a charged battery as backup when the charge is gone. I have a charger and several vapes that use the same kind of battery so that's not a problem for me. Will you need to buy batteries and a charger?
    The fury 2 just plugs in and fairly rapidly charges and seems to last a while. Nothing to add or change unless you use a different mp.

And what about the tubo? I'd recommend a splinter, since you have a box, but there is a wait for it. There is also a sale. The tubo, on the other hand, which also requires a battery, is basically like a box mod enclosed and ready to use. But it is bigger than the MVT or fury.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  7. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

MVT = Mistvape Touch, for those wondering. I find it hard to compare the two. They are both good, but quite different vapes.

8. little maggie

Just noticed the MVT in classified. It's a good deal given the batteries and several stems. I'm surprised it's still there.

9. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I really like my new Fury 2. The other one is a what?

Also, I stopped depending on any portable for daily home use. That's what plug-ins are for IMHO.

LabPong and latulipe999 like this.
  10. little maggie

The other is a "what" because it is not made by a large company like the fury so it is mostly known by FC members as was the milaana. It is similar to the milaana as well. There probably have been more fury 2 sold during the time it's been released than MVT since theirs. Both are good but different.

11. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

12. Baked-not-fried

OK. Still two portables I'm choosing between and these are the final two, so last poll! BTW, thanks for the replies and opinions. OK, these are the two choices, I will be getting one!

Arizer Solo I($105) OR Fury 2($120)?

Thanks Gang, fly high!

BabyFacedFinster likes this.
  13. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

A classic and a soon to be classic.

What's important to you? You want battery time, go with the Solo. You want stealth, go with the Fury. They both can rip it.

AtomicPB likes this.
  14. Hackerman

Hackerman Unspecified

Ditto what he said. The Solo is not really a carry. The Fury fits in my pocket and I wear 'skinny' jeans.

However, I took my Fury out tonight to a gig and I got there at 7 and it was dead by 9:00. I had to bring out the 510 stuff to keep going. We played 'til midnight.

Great little vape but if you're a heavy hitter like me.... take a charger.

AtomicPB and StonerSloth like this.
  15. latulipe999

latulipe999 Well-Known Member

VAPCAAAAAAAAAAAP

:lol:

( i know i'm out of subject )

PPN likes this.
  16. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

If you are looking for electronical based devices only I will suggest the Fog cause the stealth design, replacable batteries, good taste and clouds and it's in your price range and you might even find one for cheaper.
    Look at the thread, I'm not alone to like it.... Alfa is pretty good too (same price range) but, if you are ready to wait, maybe you can afford some higher quality vapes mades of good quality components from small manufacturers (Tubo,MistVape,I-Heat,Milaana,Splinter,Lil'Bud), it will be slightly more expensive for sure but still snder the 200$ range!

I would support the @latulipe999 suggestion of a butane powered vape, Vaponic, Dreamwood, Lotus, Vaporgenie, Vapcap,... there is a lot of brands but all of them works well but on a different level (Vaponic is perfect for tasty light rips, Lotus for water filtration, Vapcap for cloudy hits...). At least as a back up vape!

17. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

If I had no Vaporizer, or at least not a portable, than the MistVapeTouch would be my choice, hands down, because it will last a shitload longer and has removable batteries.

Of course, if I already had multiple vapes, then the Fury 2 might be more appealing for specific uses.

StormyPinkness and PPN like this.
  18. lookhigh

lookhigh FC member

Solo is a tank but not really a portable. Fury is small and way faster.
    Solo for at home and long session. Fury outside for fast huge hits.

bossman and AtomicPB like this.
  19. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

Fury 2

Petrolhead_GR and AtomicPB like this.
  20. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

You should be comparing the choice of the Fury and a Argo.....not the solo. But I see you are only selecting vapes based on price?

I got both and decided to keep the argo because it is easier to load and use. But most important to me with a portable......the argo has replaceable 18650's. Argo will have a very short lifespan in comparison. Arizers also offer awesome taste! Fury not as good for taste, but stronger clouds.....

AtomicPB and pigfoot like this.
  21. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

i prefer fury 2, good clouds, good battery, good taste
    i never was satisfied with the cloud prouction or draw on my Solo.

AtomicPB likes this.
  22. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Where is the original Solo for $105 again? I want to recommend it to a friend but not with the extra step of a price match from PIU.

23. Baked-not-fried

VapeWorld has it still @ $105.

bossman likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors