Chocolate recipe

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Hey y'all. Made some chocolates yesterday and they turned out well. Here's the recipe. First I put 20g of ground bud in a slow cooker with a cup of coconut oil on low for three hours. Strained the oil through cheese cloth and had a cup of infused oil. Then I mixed a half cup of the oil with a half cup of cocoa powder, 3tblspns of honey and a half teaspoon of vanilla extract in a small saucepan on low heat. Once it was well mixed (about 5 minutes) I poured the liquid chocolate into molds and put it in the fridge for an hour. That's all it took. You can taste the weed a bit but they are ok tasting and very effective.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I made easy concentrate chocolate today. I decarbed 1 gram of 80% THCA concentrate into 5 grams of clarified butter, and mixed it into 7 oz of Lintt chocolate. Each piece should be about 33 mg of THC. I'll probably have to eat 6 for a good buzz. Life is tough, sometimes.

choc.jpg

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
These went over very well. I liked them so much, I just made a batch, 200 grams dark chocolate, at least 2,100 THC mg of decarbed concentrate in coconut-canna oil, making 12 chocolates with a slight mint taste (I added vanilla, too). I'd say about 175 mg each. I think I'll dust 'em with good dutch-style chocolate powder.

These are not Maureen Dowd's kind of chocolates.

IMG_0384.jpg

EDIT:
====
For me, new knowledge. Rosin has been decarbed by the very process that makes it. Yeah, I have an amazing grasp for the obvious, but I had not considered it before. In Washington, a legal state, concentrate is labeled, and if there is no THCA in it, it's decarbed, and it is psychoactive for edibles without further processing.

Last edited:

HomeFree

I so need some cannabinoid enhanced chocolate! I would rather make my own chocolate though. I would have to do some dry runs first as I have never done it. I would use less sugar for sure. Maybe even none if that is possible. Roasted cocoa nibs are pretty tasty but not everyone likes them.

As far as rosin, is it really completely decarbed? I thought it was only partially decarbed.

HomeFree,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
As far as rosin, is it really completely decarbed? I thought it was only partially decarbed.

The test reports on some rosin purchased in WA State claim no THCA. THC = 70%. But I don't know about home made. Seems logical. It is heat that transforms THCA into THC. Rosin is the product of heat and pressure.

macbill,
Top Bottom