1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Chewy 2.0 Portable Electric Grinder

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Splat, Oct 10, 2017.

1. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Currently I am suffering from 'grinder phantom limb'. I find myself searching for my ground herb dish, but it's been put away. I find myself searching for my 3 inch aluminum grinder but it has been put away too. Basically all my grinder gear is in the bag...even the scoop has been placed aside. I never thought I would see a day like this. Hehe.

A big beautiful change to my ritual that gets rid of stuff!

Now all I have on my desk is a loaded Chewy 2. I find myself wanting to buy another...but that's a separate affliction altogether -- ASS (accessory seizing syndrome).

[​IMG]

:nod:

Joaon, Alex3oe, Splat and 10 others like this.
  2. overvaped

overvaped Vapor evangelist

Oh, I was about to buy one but green is out of stock. I don't like much the special edition and the metal version is a bit expensive for me...
    Please recharge!!

Splat likes this.
  3. Splat

Splat Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Where are you located? We have all Color’s in stock in USA and cool grey in eu. All models are metal and are 49.99.

GreenHopper, Vitolo, Prolusio and 4 others like this.
  4. overvaped

overvaped Vapor evangelist

Hi,
    I'm from spain. With "metal version" i meant "metal -green crack" and "metal-pink panther".
    Anyway, I can wait until normal green is back.
    Cheers!

Splat and RUDE BOY like this.
  5. Shooby

Shooby 4Shooby3 - IG

Anyone know of a discount code? tried CHEWYCHRISTMAS but it didnt work. Thanks!

Splat likes this.
  6. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

It worked for me Friday.
    If you're paying with Paypal choose "Checkout" instead of "Paypal". There you can enter the discount code and then choose to pay with Paypal.

Hope that helps. if not disregard and try contacting @Splat :D

EDIT: Okay I stand corrected. I just tried it out again and it now says.
    "Unable to find a valid discount matching the code entered".

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Splat likes this.
  7. Shooby

Shooby 4Shooby3 - IG

I tried on Friday afternoon before i left my office and it didnt work for me. Guess I will just wait for next sale.

Splat likes this.
  8. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I am going all in with the Chewy 2. I have put my New Vape Fine Grind away mostly because it requires way too much herb for a good grind sesh. Not good for flavor to grind so much herb at a time. I have been thinking about the Chewy 2 and I think the only thing that is missing is a second Chewy 2. It makes perfect sense for enjoying different strains or to just have the second loaded and ready to rock and roll. So I have a cool grey on the way.

With the Chewy 2 I have a hard time understanding why anyone would settle with a traditional style grinder especially as far as the freshness of what's in your bowl is concerned.

I know the Chewy 2 requires periodic cleaning, but luckily, I am a clean freak so I always clean the Chewy 2 far before it would ever need to be cleaned. This is good because I never have issues being clean with my herb gear.

:myday:

9. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying. I already have too many different forms of GAS. I don't need one that leads me to spend $50 for each strain variant I want in the rotation. But...I'm thinking about it.

Splat, GreenHopper, OF and 1 other person like this.
  10. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Every single strain? That would be insane. Sorry I wasn't more clear...I meant another different strain is all. My problem is buying this shit. I have found a true maniac has gotta be good with the excuses.

:cool:

11. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

I didn't say every strain. I said, "Every strain I want in the rotation." Where I live, there ain't no retail. My "guy" is going way over the top if he has three.

Trying to decide if that has actually ever happened but, thinking optimistically, three probably wouldn't be a horrible Chewy rotation (and considering there are currently three visually discernible versions... MAYBE IT'S DESTINY!).

12. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

I am thinking this would be a great grinder for me. Right now my method is a little archaic and would love to have a lil pocket grinder to fill my crafty out and about, and my FP at home. I am not really fussy about the grind consistency, I like my herb at curing RH levels.

13. steama

steama Well-Known Member

...or maybe I just have bad GAS.

I resisted the idea of a second for about a week but the idea dogged me to eventually throw a bone to the Irish at Chewy and get another. I will keep you all posted how two Chewys work out in the rotation.

:nod:

Splat, GreenHopper, Shrike and 3 others like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

It can happen to the best of us.

Mind sitting down wind until it passes?

I'm sure I speak for all when I say 'thank you' for doing so......

OF

Jill NYC, Splat, Shrike and 3 others like this.
  15. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I am kinda taken back by all the praise, totally unexpected for an electric grinder.

I see the draw, but when I saw the video it looks like it takes forever! I put a lot of material in my grinder and this does not seem like a great solution for that...but I see a lot of heavy hitters in here that like it. I am left confused.

I enjoy grinding filled lids in a few twists, am I crazy?

16. steama

steama Well-Known Member

You may not be crazy but you possibly have a strange preference for herb lacking in flavor. That's what happens when you grind a grip...you kill a huge amount of flavor. If you have vaped whole nugs you realize that this is not an exaggeration.

The beauty of the Chewy 2 is that you get fresh cut herb right off the bud...and only exactly what you need. In my opinion this far exceeds grinding the amount I must load in my Fine Grind for good performance...so much weed it lasts for a week. I only want to grind exactly what I use in the bowl for maximum flavor. Maximum flavor is what the Chewy 2 gives me with the exception of vaping whole nugs which I seldom have the time for.

paytonpenn, RUDE BOY, Splat and 4 others like this.
  17. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Rarely do I pregrind for more than a day. Definitely not sitting on a lid long after a grind, and everything goes into a classic to preserve freshness.

For daily out and about, odor control is very important to me. How does the Chewy2 do with containing odors?

18. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

I don't think it seals flavor in at all fwiw which is probably why they offer a bag on their site. I just carry herb in a miron jar when out.

I wasn't expecting much but it loads a lot better in real world than in my video. I'd say if you just need a bowl loaded it's a snap and only is slow when you need to add more herb in the grinder itself.

Might be tedious for a bag bowl or smokers joint/blunt but the overall experience is way better than using a manual grinder for me. But my hands still hurt when trying to use manual grinders. If you are trying to replace a grind 2.5 inch or higher grinder you may be disappointed. I personally like just grinding right when I want to vape whatever I have and rarely do I preload jars.

19. vapenerd

vapenerd Well-Known Member

Got mine 4 days ago and like it a lot. It's easy to carry around and gives me a nice fluffy grind every time I use it :) Amazing for filling a Mighty or Fury 2 bowl. I also used the Chewy 2 with my Grasshopper.

For Vapcaps the funnel size of the Chewy is too big. Will there be a Chewy 3? Make the funnel size adjustable and it's perfect! For some of my other vapes I prefer a finer grind. The Chewy won't replace my Newvape Fine Grinder but it might totally replace my Newvape Coarse Grinder.

I agree with @steama about the flavor. It's perfect for flavor. Almost as good as vaping whole nugs.

20. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

I saw this post before i purchase the Chewy 2 and really interested to know is these USB rechargeable traditional form of battery work or not. I got the Chewy 2 on Monday and received one of these $3 USB 9V battery last night. And it is working good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And it weight only 20g , the duracell is >40g.

And the Chewy 2 works great with my new Lotus, the funnel of Chewy is perfectly fit the lotus bowl.

21. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Two Chewy 2 grinders is definitely the way to go. I got my second Chewy 2 the other day and it makes things even better. If for some reason, any reason, your Chewy 2 is not grinding the weed and may need a little bud shake up. Now I just reach for my second Chewy and keep on grinding.

I was concerned a second Chewy 2 could be a waste of money because it is such a great little grinder and requires very little to keep the herb flowing. Still, if you have the funds, getting a second Chewy 2 is something I would encourage most marijuana lovers to do.

22. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I feel the Chewy 2 colors are male oriented colors if there is such a thing (I can't find any sign of a penis). I think you could have some very rich, more female friendly colors that would fit perfectly into your current lineup's beautiful pallet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think more colors could appeal to more people. The grinder is already awesome imo.

:2c:

EDIT: I forgot gold...always could sell a sweet looking gold.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    GreenHopper and paehtod like this.
  23. PoopMachine

PoopMachine Well-Known Member

I would buy a pink one if it was hot pink. Mrs P would love it.

Still cant say enough good about the Chewy and @Splat. Fantastic unit, fantastic customer support!

GreenHopper, steama, Vitolo and 3 others like this.
  24. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Mine is still going strong.
    2 ounces, and still no need for Iso....
    I have just dismantled... brush well, and re-assemble.
    Having a good time.

25. steama

steama Well-Known Member

With one of my Chewy 2s the poker/funnel plug would not remained stowed in the back spring lever stow hole. I thought I would share my simple solution with my FC pals.

When the Chewy 2 poker will not remain stowed in the back spring lever stow hole all you need to do is carefully bend the poker a little then test to see if it holds firm in the stow hole. If not, just bend it a little more until it holds firm in the stow hole. If you don't have strong fingers just use some small pliers.

:2c:

Used2use, Vitolo and Shrike like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors