Discontinued Chewy 2.0 Portable Electric Grinder

biohacker

I think it would make a nice compliment to anyone's main grinder .

Thanks for your feedback bro! Curious though, i'm planning on using it as my main grinder, so i'm wondering if you could elaborate on why you think it would make a nice compliment, but not be a main grinder? Also, can you compare the grind to any grinders that you have used? Thanks!

Vitolo

Vaporist
While waiting for @Justpassedu to respond.... I will speak on the topic.
Compliment to anyone's main grinder means that it may at some time run low on battery while one's usual main grinder would be manual.
Not to worry.... 9V battery will live a good long time.
He may have also said "compliment to main grinder", meaning that old habits die hard, and one may still love their favorite grinder of many years from love and habit.
I own every Space Case made.
I use the original 2 inch Santa Cruz Shredder... that is habitually my "main grinder"
Chewy is a great compliment to it......
EVEN THOUGH I have not used my SCS since Chewy"s arrival.
So perhaps my SCS has become a good compliment to my Chewy!
Below, my past collection of grinders... each given a month to be "my grinder"
11bq34j.jpg

My favorites of all are below:
2jceww3.jpg

I will use my "main Grinder", if and when Chewy's Battery dies or if it were to ever break!

Last edited:

Justpassedu

@biohacker Vitolo kinda hit the nail on the head with that one but to elaborate a bit more for you. You are dealing with electronics vs no electronics , not to say the Chewy is bad quality or going to die but you never know when electronics can leave you stranded. Battery life plays a role in this as well as the circuits inside. This is one reason why it is a great compliment imo , also while i have yet to use it enough to really give a fair opinion , i can for see it needing more cleanings than a manual grinder , something like this should last a long time if you take care of it & clean it often , also dependent on how much you put through it where as i can go almost 1yr or longer not cleaning one of my manual grinders. So far i am liking it allot though , i see it will fit right in for some with medical conditions and loss of dexterity in there hands. It happens to be a great little invention. I cannot really compare the grind to what i have now as all my other grinders are fine grinders but i'd say it provides a somewhat medium grind consistency and has been working perfect with my vaporizers i own. As i go along using it more i'll try and provide some more info.

biohacker

THE CHEWY 2 has landed! :rockon:

Just some loose first impressions off the top of my head...

- Packaging is impressive... very professional, and the instructions are easy to follow and illustrated nicely.

- Connecting and disconnecting the 9v was harder than I thought it would be :D

- Form factor is nice, the unit feels quality, and with the 9v installed has a nice weight to it. Fits in my hand perfectly, although slightly rounded edges would make it more comfy. Button on the side is nice, and love how each press of the button causes the blades to turn the opposite way. This is better than having two buttons IMO.

- Loading is super easy, and it's nice to be able to load up pretty much as much as you want! The magnetic top door/cover is a very nice touch. The silicone spout plug is cool, and nice to be able to be held attached to the unit, however the door is near impossible to open without it, and thus was a bit of a pain to reach for, plug in, just to be able to open the door every time. A small built in handle of some sort just for leverage instead of the plug would be awesome in a revision IMO. Pretty minor though in the overall picture.

- The unit itself is audible, and sounds a bit like a drill, but obviously not as loud, and not even close to a coffee grinder, but still a consideration for those that require quiet in the night, etc. I know most of you don't grind in church, so it shouldn't be an issue. My wife was whining about it a little, but that's pretty much her part time job :lol: The benefit to hearing the motor is that you can tell when the battery isn't up to par.

- The actual grinding action was much slower than I anticipated and seen in the videos, but then realized that it's because my grind isn't super dry, but rather 62%RH. So it takes a bit longer, and even just one little bud would take much more time than a simple hand turn grinder, but at the press of a button instead of twisting! I feel that this device does better with larger loads, so perhaps not the most efficient with little buds for the micro dosers that use small sized grinders. With just a little bud I had to fiddle with the trigger a little, but still got the job done! Being able to move the cutting blades back and forth is awesome.

- The grind consistency must again depend on your flower cure. Just my own experience, with my flowers, but i'd say the grind is a coarse consistency that is great for some vapes, not so much for others, and great for combustion. It was somewhat even with some strands and chunks here and there, but overall a very similar grind consistency to most grinders out there that aren't "Vape Specific" like the Kannastor Vape GR8TR. I'd say it's quite similar to my Zeus Vortex, SCS 4 piece, and Kannastor 2.2" non-gr8tr. More of a rough coarse shred. This grind would work magically in my Supreme v3 vaporizer!

- Maintenance/cleanup is a breeze, I just used my little wooden S&B brush and haven't seasoned it yet with coconut oil as suggested. There is very little buildup from the few grams I pushed through it, and the grind looks "gentle" in that it's not an aggressive destructive grind, but rather maintains the trichomes where they should be!

- Overall in my initial early usage, the Chewy 2 definitely delivers as advertised! I thought it would be a complicated device to use and learn, and wasn't sure what to expect when I got it because of some of the terminology and tips flying around, but after a quick glance at the manual/quick start guide, I was confident and ready to go. Super easy, super intuitive, and easy on your wrists/hands/forearms. If you require a medium/finer grind, as @Vitolo mentioned you can feed the Chewy 2 the grind and it will cut through it again and create a finer consistency. Just a bit more time consuming. Or for the diehards, a second Chewy 2 for one to feed the other! :D

- I now really realize and appreciate the previous comments about complimenting another grinder. It's true, it relies on power, and a weaker battery will give weaker performance, and it's always nice having versatility. I can see this device making a huge impact in the medical community, and for people grinding bigger amounts, especially if frequently.

THE CHUBE!

This thing is awesome! :rockon: Talk about a cool innovation....you can grind as coarse or fine as you like and it works really well. Super easy to use, super convenient, the only downside i've seen so far is that a lot of trichs stick to the ribbed silicone wall. However i've been told that after a few uses it "seasons" and doesn't stick as much or at all. Freezing apparently works well to remove those crystals too.

THE CASE!

Nice accessory for the Chewy 2, looks to have a carbon insert to prevent odours and a nice zipper w/ velcro flap to keep it all nicely contained.

Some pics of the Chewy 2 grind consistency to follow!

Nice work @Splat ! :tup: Looking forward to all your future brilliant ideas, and thanks again for your presence here.

sickmanfraud

I picked up my Chewy 2 from the post office yesterday.

I will give a longer review once I have used it more.

First impressions are that it is a great innovation for people who have dexterity or strength issues.

Regardless of medical or recreational use the Chewy 2 gives a nice consistent grind.

I put the funnel right over the 18 mm Milaana stem and the grind went right into the right place. A definite improvement over other grinder methods.

I have not played with the Chube yet.

Mine did not come with a case so I can not comment on that.

@Splat I believe you have a winner with the Chewy 2.

Splat

Manufacturer
THE CHEWY 2 has landed! :rockon:

Just some loose first impressions off the top of my head...

- Packaging is impressive... very professional, and the instructions are easy to follow and illustrated nicely.

- Connecting and disconnecting the 9v was harder than I thought it would be :D

- Form factor is nice, the unit feels quality, and with the 9v installed has a nice weight to it. Fits in my hand perfectly, although slightly rounded edges would make it more comfy. Button on the side is nice, and love how each press of the button causes the blades to turn the opposite way. This is better than having two buttons IMO.

- Loading is super easy, and it's nice to be able to load up pretty much as much as you want! The magnetic top door/cover is a very nice touch. The silicone spout plug is cool, and nice to be able to be held attached to the unit, however the door is near impossible to open without it, and thus was a bit of a pain to reach for, plug in, just to be able to open the door every time. A small built in handle of some sort just for leverage instead of the plug would be awesome in a revision IMO. Pretty minor though in the overall picture.

- The unit itself is audible, and sounds a bit like a drill, but obviously not as loud, and not even close to a coffee grinder, but still a consideration for those that require quiet in the night, etc. I know most of you don't grind in church, so it shouldn't be an issue. My wife was whining about it a little, but that's pretty much her part time job :lol: The benefit to hearing the motor is that you can tell when the battery isn't up to par.

- The actual grinding action was much slower than I anticipated and seen in the videos, but then realized that it's because my grind isn't super dry, but rather 62%RH. So it takes a bit longer, and even just one little bud would take much more time than a simple hand turn grinder, but at the press of a button instead of twisting! I feel that this device does better with larger loads, so perhaps not the most efficient with little buds for the micro dosers that use small sized grinders. With just a little bud I had to fiddle with the trigger a little, but still got the job done! Being able to move the cutting blades back and forth is awesome.

- The grind consistency must again depend on your flower cure. Just my own experience, with my flowers, but i'd say the grind is a coarse consistency that is great for some vapes, not so much for others, and great for combustion. It was somewhat even with some strands and chunks here and there, but overall a very similar grind consistency to most grinders out there that aren't "Vape Specific" like the Kannastor Vape GR8TR. I'd say it's quite similar to my Zeus Vortex, SCS 4 piece, and Kannastor 2.2" non-gr8tr. More of a rough coarse shred. This grind would work magically in my Supreme v3 vaporizer!

- Maintenance/cleanup is a breeze, I just used my little wooden S&B brush and haven't seasoned it yet with coconut oil as suggested. There is very little buildup from the few grams I pushed through it, and the grind looks "gentle" in that it's not an aggressive destructive grind, but rather maintains the trichomes where they should be!

- Overall in my initial early usage, the Chewy 2 definitely delivers as advertised! I thought it would be a complicated device to use and learn, and wasn't sure what to expect when I got it because of some of the terminology and tips flying around, but after a quick glance at the manual/quick start guide, I was confident and ready to go. Super easy, super intuitive, and easy on your wrists/hands/forearms. If you require a medium/finer grind, as @Vitolo mentioned you can feed the Chewy 2 the grind and it will cut through it again and create a finer consistency. Just a bit more time consuming. Or for the diehards, a second Chewy 2 for one to feed the other! :D

- I now really realize and appreciate the previous comments about complimenting another grinder. It's true, it relies on power, and a weaker battery will give weaker performance, and it's always nice having versatility. I can see this device making a huge impact in the medical community, and for people grinding bigger amounts, especially if frequently.

THE CHUBE!

This thing is awesome! :rockon: Talk about a cool innovation....you can grind as coarse or fine as you like and it works really well. Super easy to use, super convenient, the only downside i've seen so far is that a lot of trichs stick to the ribbed silicone wall. However i've been told that after a few uses it "seasons" and doesn't stick as much or at all. Freezing apparently works well to remove those crystals too.

THE CASE!

Nice accessory for the Chewy 2, looks to have a carbon insert to prevent odours and a nice zipper w/ velcro flap to keep it all nicely contained.

Some pics of the Chewy 2 grind consistency to follow!

Nice work @Splat ! :tup: Looking forward to all your future brilliant ideas, and thanks again for your presence here.

Thank you very much for your positive review. It is great to hear all of you guys talking about Chewy 2.0 especially when its all positive stuff.

Regarding connecting the battery. Quick tip. If you hold the battery half in and half out of the battery compartment then it is easy to connect the terminal.

The case I just throw in. Its a carbon lined smell proof bag. Not sure if we going to keep in our inventory. If you store your herb in it it will suck moisture and make your herb better for grinding. If you like it and there is demand then maybe we will keep it.

PoopMachine

Got my unit as well. Havent used it yet but I have it ready to go.

I can echo a couple of things.

The battery is a little difficult to get in until you realize you need to only put it halfway in.

With the plug out, the magnetic door is very difficult to get open.

Construction seems great. My trigger appears to stick a little but I figure it will get better as I use it.

More to come!

biohacker

So last night I was getting a bit frustrated with my Chewy 2 grind speed, so I opened it up and instead of fussing with the trigger I just pressed down the buds and pushed it so it was nice and snug up against the cutting blades, and my experience quickly turned around. Grind started popping out way faster, and even a better grind consistency. Still having variable success with smaller loads.... sometimes I can get it ground perfectly without any unground remains, but sometimes I can't and need to get in there and fiddle with it.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
So last night I was getting a bit frustrated with my Chewy 2 grind speed, so I opened it up and instead of fussing with the trigger I just pressed down the buds and pushed it so it was nice and snug up against the cutting blades, and my experience quickly turned around. Grind started popping out way faster, and even a better grind consistency. Still having variable success with smaller loads.... sometimes I can get it ground perfectly without any unground remains, but sometimes I can't and need to get in there and fiddle with it.
Yeah with little pit of electric knowhow we could replace the motor and change to a li-ion battery .. or maybe a gas powered RC plane motor :D

Then you be grinding at speed

Maybe "chewy 3.0 turbo" that will sport a scouter motor and a kickstart :D

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Really getting interested in Chewy 2 simply based on my respect for the members posting on it and their findings including really the only YT reviewer @WakeAndVape that I like. Well done @Splat not only on the innovative products but getting them in the hands of long-time FC members that have NO-BS reputations. I feel certain that your presence and interactions here will lead to your continued success. A truly different mechanism that could really fill a need for those with strength/dexterity/arthritic hand conditions

As @Justpassedu made my point ^! You picked some hard-assed dudes, lol - these guys will tell it as it is. No doubt! Anyway, digging this thread and I'm going to put this on my list even though I swore I was set up with grinders! :doh:

Splat

Manufacturer
@pxl_jockey Thanks for droping the note to me. To be honest I had no idea who anyone was on here or if it would do any good. I was having difficulty getting the product out there and espically into the right hands. i heard about FC and said I'll give it a go. @KidFated and @Abysmal Vapor were very kind and helped me out with some names and then a few others reached out and said they would help review. Very glad they did and I couldn't be happier with the responce. Good things are happening already.

Lol ,theres always a new gaget to buy. :tup:

Justpassedu

@Splat I love gadgets , this one fits in very well so far , thank you for everything. If you came by my place you may be overwhelmed with the amount of gadgets lol , Technology fascinates me . I'll be using Chewy as much as i can and report back of course , great invention and i think it will really change some peoples lives that really need something like this. Awesome way to break into the market. I'm rooting for you.

marduk

daydreamer
The case I just throw in. Its a carbon lined smell proof bag. Not sure if we going to keep in our inventory. If you store your herb in it it will suck moisture and make your herb better for grinding. If you like it and there is demand then maybe we will keep it.

Carbon lined smell proof case? What's not to like? I think the vast majority of customers would want it.

Top Bottom