1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Chewy 2.0 Portable Electric Grinder

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Splat, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

@steama - is it completely unusable that way?
    @Splat - temperature is also a factor how the plastic reacts esp the thinner it is... is there a temperature range for those tests or even an official 'usage temp range'?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    GreenHopper and Jill NYC like this.
  2. Splat

Splat Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hi @Used2use Polycarbonate is stable between temperats of -20 and 140 degrees C. Environmental factors like moisture have little to no effect.

I cannot speak for Steama's units but I have tested the function of the chewy by cutting one of the clips off a unit I have on hand. Chewy still fucntions with one clip, there is not much difference between one or 2 clips from what I can see on my unit.

3. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

I received my chewy2 few days ago and I like it so far, agree with others happy customers.

It is kind of complicate to fill without spill a small bowl like enano or solo ones but you can do it, it is easy with bigger bowls like apollo one, or the wide small vapman

Rest to see how it will behave with time but if it will not deceive I will be buying a second one (flowers for the day, flowers for the night)

I will keep my medium 4pieces SC and large 2pieces SCS though, as for larger loads I feel it is still easier to use an old school grinder

4. Andreaerdna

Report after a week of use is very positive, i like this grinder a lot and it fit my lifestyle like a glove

Everything packed clean in its smell proof bag, and ready to go when I am. taste is indeed improved when grinding on demand instead of doing it in advance

Have a little problem though, the spring is some times complicate to unleash in order to use it after reload, one of the little retainers (@steama showed it broken in pictures) do not unstuck from full open position (as for when you reload) nothing big but little annoying. Is anyone experimenting this? i cleaned it today but problem remains (I have to try 4/5 times to be succesfull) @Splat any advice?

Edit: it is the same retainer broke in this picture that stuck in reloading position
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

Hi @Andreaerdna, I think I know what you talking about, I also experience this issue, I found that's the problem caused by small particle of the green materials, that retainer are locked when you pull the spring loader trigger, it release when push back the trigger. I found that push back the trigger with little impact force will more easy to release that retainer.

6. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

It's the only problem I've had with the Chewy so far. I've had it for quite a while and it's working like a champ.

7. Andreaerdna

Thank you

Found out that pulling the trigger completely back uncover the retainers and it is possible to unleash the springer manually
    this little inconvenience does not change almost nothing about convenience of use for me

Still have a box full of what this little guy is replacing in my daily habits

A set of blades for a finer grind could be an improvement for chewy 2.1 though

EDIT: @RUDE BOY just found out by applying pressure with thumb and index on aluminium case right where retainers are trigger is responding 90% of times

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  8. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Just chiming in to say many oz's have now been through the Chewy 2.0 and it keeps going. Still using the original battery , i wonder when it will die. This grinder is a work horse and has been a huge help and really fit in well. It saves me allot of time and as long as i brush it out every few times after use it happens to stay really clean. @Splat I can't thank you enough and hope sales are doing well , Happy New Year and a quick question : I remember you had said you would possibly be adding different grind plates/blades , i am interested and just wanted to inquire .

Summer, Splat, paehtod and 6 others like this.
  9. Splat

Splat Well-Known Member Manufacturer

We are looking into getting blades that can do a finer grind. I did get some samples but they didnt get the size right so I have to get some more made for testing.

We hope to release some during the year. I'll keep you posted.

Summer, Shrike, Irish vaper and 6 others like this.
  10. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Got this bad boy like a week ago, just grinded my 1st bowl into the Sticky Brick JR.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Summer, Splat, RUDE BOY and 5 others like this.
  11. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Good choice... Sticky Brick will adore it!

Splat, paehtod and disGRUNTled like this.
  12. disGRUNTled

It absolutely did , going to put it thru all my vapes tonight it was the Davinci IQ it was phenomenal.

13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

My next load will be ground by Chewy2 and vaped through the IQ!

Splat, disGRUNTled and Mr. Gweilo 420 like this.
  14. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

#Civilised :clap::rockon:

15. disGRUNTled

In the Grasshopper , this grinder is simply amazing.
    [​IMG]

steama, Summer, vapenerd and 6 others like this.
  16. PoopMachine

PoopMachine Well-Known Member

Still digging my Chewy. I havent touched another grinder since getting it. Still on the original battery and still going strong.

If you dont have one of these, you are depriving yourself :)

steama, Splat, Shrike and 4 others like this.
  17. antispleen

antispleen Hyperborean Wanderer

I just ordered one a couple of hours ago..I am tired of the grind. Can't frickin wait. Can anyone tell me where this will ship from, how long it might take? I'm in the usa

18. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

They are pretty fast, my Chewy posted on 1/12/2017 and delivered in US on 5/12/2017 from Ireland to Oregon. :tup:

19. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

a week to 2.5 weeks (approx)
    Mine too.... and as to your second point.....
    Gonna have to agree!

steama, Splat, paehtod and 2 others like this.
  20. antispleen

Thank you! And I can see by the posts on this thread, and some reviews by trusted names around here that I have made a good purchase!

steama, sickmanfraud, Splat and 5 others like this.
  21. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

That, you did!

22. Jah1975

Jah1975 Well-Known Member

Just joined the club and ordered a green v2 and bag. Can't wait to not grind!

23. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club.

steama, Jah1975 and antispleen like this.
  24. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

I’m such a slacker...still haven’t cleaned mine once and I’m using it nightly. Working fine, though...

steama, Summer, Irish vaper and 4 others like this.
  25. antispleen

How long have you been using it?

steama likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors