Checking Chicago, Ill. medical dispensaries for cancer patient, referrals?

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Definitely pricier than So Cal! :(

A friend who's had cancer surgery and is undergoing many long hours of chemotherapy infusions, trying to find out more about licensed producers (growers), concentrate manufacturers and edible manufacturers supplying Chicago, Ill. Oh and testing labs used in that system.

Have any of the oncology clinics in the local Chicago hospitals established relationships with these shops?

even harder to parse out what is what from weedmaps and leafly :(

thanks folks!

looney2nz,

anda1anda2

I’m in Illinois. I believe there are currently changes being made to the program to expedite people’s ability to get a card and access to meds. Until recently there was an average 90 day wait period between application and approval of a card. That was the case when I got my card.

Supposedly, now you can now be issued a temporary card when you apply so that people can get their meds much quicker.

I still think people need to schedule an appointment with an MMJ doctor to verify you have a valid condition. There are a few doctors who have set up one stop shops to do your exam and submit your application all at the same time.

Innovative Express Care in Chicago is who I used for this. It was an easy process, but not cheap. I want to say it was over $500 for the exam, follow up consult and the various application fees. It’s a little cheaper now that the state removed the requirement that patients needed to have fingerprints and a background check done. Also, some insurances will cover the portion related to the doctor consults.

I think there are only a couple labs testing product in Illinois. LK Pure Labs is the one I see most often on my meds.

What info are you looking for in regards to the cultivators? I have tried product from probably all of them. There are only a limited amount of mmj licenses in Illinois so most of them produce flower, concentrates and edibles all in-house.

Illinois’ program had been notoriously limited, but that should change real soon as we have a very pro-cannabis governor who just took office.

anda1anda2,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I’m in Illinois. I believe there are currently changes being made to the program to expedite people’s ability to get a card and access to meds. Until recently there was an average 90 day wait period between application and approval of a card. That was the case when I got my card.

Supposedly, now you can now be issued a temporary card when you apply so that people can get their meds much quicker.

I still think people need to schedule an appointment with an MMJ doctor to verify you have a valid condition. There are a few doctors who have set up one stop shops to do your exam and submit your application all at the same time.

Innovative Express Care in Chicago is who I used for this. It was an easy process, but not cheap. I want to say it was over $500 for the exam, follow up consult and the various application fees. It’s a little cheaper now that the state removed the requirement that patients needed to have fingerprints and a background check done. Also, some insurances will cover the portion related to the doctor consults.

I think there are only a couple labs testing product in Illinois. LK Pure Labs is the one I see most often on my meds.

What info are you looking for in regards to the cultivators? I have tried product from probably all of them. There are only a limited amount of mmj licenses in Illinois so most of them produce flower, concentrates and edibles all in-house.

Illinois’ program had been notoriously limited, but that should change real soon as we have a very pro-cannabis governor who just took office.

Hi Mike & Gloria,

ok, that's encouraging, my friend is out there acting as caregiver.
I didn't know how long any possible delays might be.

Trying to see if there are comparisons to CA growers who use 'Clean Green Certified Organic' growing techniques free of pesticides and fungicides for flower (well purged and cured), concentrate and edibles.

As long as they can select from clean meds, that's my primary concern. So these 2 labs are testing for the entire state?? Wow, that's not going to be sustainable after they legalize recreational... I hope there are enough labs being certified, and that they don't roll over on medical patients the way they have in medical states that went recreational :(

As for cultivars, I imagine some highCBD strains like Cannatonic (4-8:1), AC/DC (20:1), and regular THC strains like Purple Urkle, Grape Ape, Granddaddy Purple, Blackberry Kush, OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Girl Scout Cookies, Gorilla Glue #4.

Will they accept the Hospital Oncology Clinic Doc's signature?

Appreciate the help, forwarding tonight!

looney2nz,

anda1anda2

I just grabbed a jar and it says: “product passed microbiological, mycotoxins, residual solvents, and pesticides tests.” I think that testing is required for all products.

There is one cultivator, SCCS, that specializes in high CDB products. The rest of them produce more recreational style herb. Revolution is one that produces several of the strains you listed and happen to be one of the better quality cultivators in Illinois, imo.

I believe you have to have an mmj doctor verify another primary doctor’s claim that a potential patient has a covered condition. It’s a weird, redundant requirement.

anda1anda2,
Reactions: looney2nz
Top Bottom