• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Check this out (need ideas)

So, my Ti nail got stuck to my joint.

I used the suggestion found on the internet that said I should get the nail hotter than I did before it got stuck, and try and pop off with pliers.

This happened:
aATzw0A.jpg

It was a clean break, the piece of glass came off as one piece

BUT:
9jig0zd.jpg

Its stuck inside the nail... IDK if you can see it, sorry bout the pic.

Now, I found the sweet spot, I can still use this setup. It fits perfectly back into itself but I can't use this nail for any other piece now because of this little piece of glass!

I want it out, but I also want it in one piece.

would some sort of adapter be able to fix the chipped part of the joint so I can just break this piece that is stuck in the nail?

Any ideas, comments or suggestions appreciated!

JustCallMeKush,

SD_haze

@JustCallMeKush

Hmm, it might work without any adapters/repairing. All GonG joints vary because the grinding angle isn't perfect, but I've seen lots of them where the seal is very low in the joint. The top tip of the GonG joint wouldn't be necessary in that case.

You could also use a 18mm female to 18mm male adapter, if the female part sealed on the lower part of the joint also. That way you could restore 100% functionality & only the 1 adapter would have to seal.

This guy makes any type of adapter
http://www.ioffer.com/selling/oregonglassblower

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I would just bust the glass out of the nail.
The nail will sit lower on the joint and still make a great seal. any female 18mm will still fit on the glass the way it is now. In the mean time grab a finger nail file and smooth the top joint out a little. If you try and torch any of the ground glass joint you will have to re sandblast it. You could also just take it and have it repaired. They will just cut off that broken joint and weld a new one on.

I would just bust the glass out of the nail.
The nail will sit lower on the joint and still make a great seal. any female 18mm will still fit on the glass the way it is now. In the mean time grab a finger nail file and smooth the top joint out a little. If you try and torch any of the ground glass joint you will have to re sandblast it. You could also just take it and have it repaired. They will just cut off that broken joint and weld a new one on.

thing is right now the only problem is that I cant use the nail on another piece.

I don't ever have to worry about it getting stuck on there again :uhoh:

I'll find an adapter that fits, you say 18mm, but I thought this was a 14mm joint.. does it look like an 18mm?

JustCallMeKush,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Can't really tell from the pic. Just get a screw driver and bust that chunk out of the nail. 14/18 either way. Just get a female adapter for it. I'm betting it will still fit on the joint

Soflo,
Top Bottom