Cheap way to vape efficiently/make YOUR vape better! (under 60$, e cigg method)

drfe3

I own a davinci ascent, and while its bomb, most people dont want to shell out 250$ for an overpriced piece of equipment which costs a fraction to make.

A buddy of mine wanted to start vaping but didn't have the cash so i tried making a "thc juice" similar to what e cigarettes use. I ended up making a glycerin/propylene glycol thc solution which can be used in any e cigg. takes around 3-4 hours to make a batch and then you can vape with an e cigg which costs ~50$.

Uses/Benefits:
1)use it in your e cigg for super cheap stealth medication!
2)put your aftervaped material to good use (just double the herb:solvent ratio)
3)add the e juice to your personal vape on top of the herb for a little kick and extra vapor clouds! (just dont put your vape past 375 degrees as it may cause PG/VG to break down. *make sure your vape will not be damaged by adding a small amount (~.5ml) of liquid, most vapes i have used can handle this.
4)safer than combustion! just don't turn your e cigarette to high voltages (>4volts) as this has been shown to produce small amounts of chemical byproducts which are certainly no good for us vapers!
5)Less smell than vaporizing normally!!!
6) E-cig vapor is not as hot as vaporizer vapor, making it easier on the lungs.
7) You can add some other herbs/fruits for flavoring. I have added lavender and green tea (loose leaf not bagged tea). Experiment with your creation and be safe!

Negatives:
1) You have to make the juice yourself so you need your own place since it will likely smell when decarbing (probably)
2) You could look like you are vaping some nasty nicotine juice (but you're not!)

What you need:

-e-cigg or a vape
-SOLVENTS! You'll need propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin(VG). You can order from amazon or buy from a local e cigarette store, I recommend buying unflavored since you don't know what chemicals they add for flavoring. *** it will take .2 ml to get you toasted so you don't need much, I bought a 5 oz of each and it will last a good amount. Also make sure to buy FOOD GRADE PG/VG.

- any type of green (AVB, bud, shake, hash)
* i don't use hash/shake so you will have to experiment with the ratios when adding the solvent
-ceramic dish/ aluminum foil
-a beaker or a mason jar
-a pot, oven and stove top
-coffee filter, cheesecloth, or metal strainer
-eyedropper or pipette

Steps:
1)ground your herb

2)put in a ceramic dish (like a cereal bowl just make sure its clay/can go in the oven), cover top with foil tightly.

3)decarboxylate herb in oven around 250 degrees for 40 min

4)put your decarbed herb in the mason jar, along will 3-5x the herb's weight in propylene glycol/glycern and stir (i use a 50/50 ratio of glycerin to PG) and screw on the top tightly.

5)place the mason jar in the pot and fill the pot with water until 1/2 of the mason jar is covered with water (water level should be above the level of the PG/VG/Herb mix.

6)put the pot on the stove and put on medium heat, once the water begins to boil, lower heat to a slow simmer. Don't be dumb and crank the heat up, it won't help extract any more and it could pose a safety risk.

7) continue heating for 3-4 hours, shaking/swirling the jar every 20-30 min. add water to the pot if it evaporates away *you can also leave the herb in the mixture overnight for extra thc extraction, but generally once the juice it dark brown in color it is fairly saturated, this is how you know it is done.

8)strain weed and enjoy, you can use this like any e cigg juice. just make sure that when you strain there are no weed bits left over as it can get in your e-cigg wick and ruin it (wicks are cheap anyway)

9)Store a glass eyedropper container, freeze it if you make alot, as e juice lasts around a year not frozen.

*when you strain the weed you can also use these leftovers for another extraction (kind of like using AVB) but it will be less strong obviously.
*I recommend starting off your first batch using around 2 grams of bud and ~8mLs of juice and test it out. I don't know the strength/quality of what you are using and you dont want to use too little solvent (you wont get maximum extraction) or too much solvent (making shitty juice which takes 45 hits to get buzzed). So starting small is a good way to test it out

Final notes:
-I love adding this to my already packed vape for extra vapor production, you will no longer miss the clouds from combustion!
-It WILL take a longer time to get high depending on the strength of your product. This is simply because 2mLs of juice in your e cigg tank will take a long time to completely vaporizer. I find the lower strength juices make you very relaxed and chilled out, perfect for before bed. Using higher strength stuff, it takes 15 draws to get a nice buzz going (thats just me)
-DONT turn up your e cigg/vape too high. The solvents are pretty stable, but there have not been many studies done to explain the formaldehyde production in e cigarettes. What we do know is that a cheaply manufactured e-cigarette at a high voltage can start to combust the liquids.
-If you are using a vape, make sure it can handle a little e juice without breaking. the chamber in my vape can handle it fine, but I don't want anybody ruining there precious equipment!

Have fun and be safe!

Last edited:
Top Bottom